Reviews for Dipper's Birthday Rumble
Dexay chapter 7 . 7/23
Ddp456, thank you for this story! I've spent whole day to read this story, and all I can say isyou are fucking amazing! I remember a year ago I watched Gravity Falls and one ship called Wendip totally got me. In the same day I found you, and even now I am still thinking that you are a core of this ship. Your writing style is always sucking me in so much, even my parents were afraid that I would traumatize myself from an exorbitant quantity of reading. All I wanted to say is, I look forward into your work and I cant wait for your new stories.
IsmaelParica chapter 11 . 1/31
I've spent almost 7 hour to read this, one after another. I feel, weird. My eyes won't listen to me, but my hands do, so i'm gonna tell you this:

YOUR FANFICS ARE BADASSINGLY-AWESOME! (It's that gramatically correct? Who cares!)
tlegg13 chapter 7 . 1/4
So Wendy's a terrible person.

... Yeah I’m done.

This story just kills any romance that could have come from this pairing. I mean really this confession is just so creepy.

The problem is that Dipper's confession just feels like he's trying to guilt trip Wendy into falling in love with him. And really Wendy's reaction worries me.

See in the bunker they actually address the problem with the age. And I hate to be the one to say it because the age isn't that big of deal considering other relationships but really it does matter here.

Both Dipper and Wendy are underage and they act like this is it this is true love.
Okay let me bring up the big question.

What happens if Dipper finds someone else. Because I hate to say it but really there is nothing that makes me think that this is going to work with Wendy. what happens she she gets over dipper depressing as hell speech.

You know what Wendy would have just let Dipper down not horribly but politely and kindly. Because really I found the moment to actually define Wendy when she stopped being just the side character that bored me. Into an actual figure who I like was when she kindly and politely Let dipper down. Because it showed Wendy as an actual person.

It’s unfair to compare this to an episode of the show that hadn’t aired yet. But really it made one thing clear. That Wendy didn’t just have to accept Dipper’s love and she turn him down and still be friends. Where if this happened in this story something tells me dipper would actually try to take his own life, in some sort of attempt to try and get Wendy to notice him.

it's just this whole story feel unpleasant like characters who had some subtly to them like Robbie and Rumble from characters who had some small part of complexity to them and turning them into monsters because Dipper has never done anything selfish.

And then there's the video game parodies, well I say parodies what I mean is text based let's plays without the added bonus of humour. This is kind of a huge problem. You can't just tell me that Dipper's terrified of Goomba and Koopa stand-ins because they are the most easily killed monsters in video game history.

There are some moments when it works such as the Slaughter house chapter with the horror themed elements. But then we get to the scene when we all know it's not Wendy and just a trap but Dipper falls for it anyway.

Maybe I'm not the one to read this but honestly it's just bad. a lack of any real humour and the romance just seeming creepy. It just makes me dislike this one.

I get the fandom has made this into some sort of fic where everything about is perfect but really reading up to this point was both deeply unpleasant and worse boring.
thomaspheasant chapter 9 . 10/13/2015

and now to part 2
RetroNick chapter 7 . 7/30/2015
EkKKKKKKKKK! she kissed him
Pyrophoricity chapter 1 . 6/23/2015
"... Suck into the machin..."
Begin playing tron's soundtrack
Firetype55 chapter 10 . 6/7/2015
SEQUAL! SEQUAL! SEQUAL! Please? they return the following summer and somehow rumble comes back on their 14th birthday
Ohfortheloveofpete chapter 5 . 5/28/2015
Robbie got captured, too?
Ohfortheloveofpete chapter 4 . 5/28/2015
Wendy's probably in Fight Fighters...or maybe she's with Giffany. Who knows?
Ohfortheloveofpete chapter 3 . 5/28/2015
You're really stretching the PG rating...
Ohfortheloveofpete chapter 2 . 5/28/2015
I'm not surprised you parodied this one...
Ohfortheloveofpete chapter 1 . 5/28/2015
Can Dipper handle it?
The Infamous Fly chapter 9 . 3/19/2015
I find it a tad farfetched that Wendy would believe that they both had the same dream, which ended the same way. I get that you want to keep it all in the canon verse, but it seems like sort of a waste of potential when you could have mad your own universe here (to me, what could happen, is always more fun then what does). Now that I've gotten my personal gripe out of the way, I'd like to say that this was well done, the character,s are spot on (with the exception of the part previously mentioned), and although some parts feel like there pushing Wendy and Dipper together too hard and too conveintly, that fits with the show, which let's face it, can be pretty corny in some of it's messages.

Some of the parts are really powerful and other's (once again) play into archetypes. But this fanfic is better then anything I've written, so good work. Not sure if I like it as much as some of your other stories though. Well done, and please update your current stories soon (like the new fic {I forget the name} where Wendy and Dipper have a relationship and go through trials,)! Good luck on all future endeavors (now I HAVE to read the sequel)!