Reviews for My Love Was Weary
BethMasenCullen chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
This was gripping! Wonderful!
miaokuancha chapter 1 . 5/12/2013
Well it's no secret that I love this pre-twilight world you have given us. This out-take is just one mor stunning chapter. Stuck in the boonies with only my phone so I can't quote chapter and verse as I'd like to, but so many so many passages -

As always your meticulous research and attention to detail

Heartrending Carlisle's thoughts and emotions as he understands who it is. He calls her "darling girl" because she will always be to hm as he first met her - lovely riff on the theme of frozen immortality, as well as contrapuntal to her being 26 to his 23. The age dynamic between these two is so rich because of these elements of their history.

I also lived the divine understatement of "Edward won't be happy a out this." Loved also where you left it - with Edward saying "I'm here." That tells everything about the abiding love that lives underneath all his grumbling or ranting.

So it's to be a trilogy, is it. And you hold off posting until it is complete. Well I for one will wait until the final trump if I must, but hope you may grace us a bit sooner.

Thank you thank you for any tidbits you may post in the mean time!

Faithfully,

miao
twmmy chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
We waited so long... It was worht. Thanks. I always love to read about Carlisle too. But my favourite is Edward. :)
Louey06 chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
this was very good!
Alice May chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
I found this while paroosing the archives a couple weeks ago, and I can't tell you how much I love it! You really have a grasp on these characters. Also, your writing is fantastic. Keep up the good work! :)
RP911 chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
I was so excited to see an update on your profile. I've followed your MLY story for quite a while now.
This one-shot is beautiful. Though I was slightly disappointed that we don't get to see more of Edward's reaction to Esme. I guess I'll have to wait for the rest of MLY, huh?
I know you said that MLY is the journey of Carlisle, Esme and Edward, but I was actually wondering if you were also going to be writing something about Rosalie (definetly something I would look forward to) and Emmet joining since Carlisle turned them as well. Just a question of whether you're planning to do that. If you're not, it's okay :)
Look forward to your MLY update! Good to have you back!
trueform chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
I have been waiting for this outtake via your PM and was not disappointed! Loneliness and companionship are compelling motivators whether you are human or not. Your writing is as superb in this outtake as it was in MLY.
AbruptlyChagrined chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Don't stop there!
Argh! This was too darn good. Need more.
fuzzyltlwingedthing chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
Wow. That was great. I'd love a little more of this chapter!
Phoenixhp5 chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
wow, very well written! nice insight into carlisle's changing of esme. i really enjoyed it!
1853kaz chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Wow! A lot of attention to detail. Very authentic! Loved it. Thank you! :)
Beans827 chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Oh man, this was SOOO good. You have such a gift with telling this story. I could just see that all playing out, feel Carlisle's frustration as he had to move at human speed and follow protocol. The added characters were so good and added just the right feelings. But even better is reading the MLY has continued! I LOVE your story and so need to read it. Thank you for continuing it. I will wait as long as it takes to hear what you have to say, Edward! ;-)
The Oldest One chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
Such a nice surprise to get another little taste of this story! Loved it!