Reviews for No Such Thing
LaylaEvercrest chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Very dream like - visual like writing style you have. I really enjoyed reading this peace even though it was so sad in ways. Great job!
Quisty Almasy chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
imagine my joy of after a 5 year seiftis hiatus, i come back and discover that you're still writing! again, absolutely beautiful piece with my favorite lines,

"I can feel the warmth of his hand through two layers of battle-softened leather. I feel the weight of his gaze, on me, that pleasant, unnerving pressure of his full attention. I feel the salt-air stinging my cheeks, the cold sand between my toes, and for a moment, I can almost see our castle in the sky."

with your amazing skill with words and how you weave everything together so seamlessly, your stories never fails to transport me to another world with such ease and i can't help but fall in love with everything you write.
you were and always forever will be one of my favorite authors ever to grace the pages of the ffviii fanfiction site and you can bet that i'm definitely looking forward to your next project.
nikpt-o chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
I read this story ages ago on the lj community, but never got to review (not precisely news, I know). This was a lovely-written introspective piece with much detail on Quistis' character. A part of me loves that it is so epic, the other one is disappointed, that it took them so long and that they might never get the time, afterwards. But that's what epic is all about, right?

Two images particularly compelled me: "the way a farmer comes to love an animal he is raising to slaughter" and "in another time and place two people are standing on a beach dancing instead of dying".

Just beautiful.
Atman chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
I think I began reading your works when you were on hiatus and probably never reviewed them. My apologies. It is wonderful to see you back since you've inspired me many times before.

With regards to this piece, I feel that you present the most cogent, believable, and relatable looks inside Quistis' head I've yet read. You place the audience in an intelligent, alive, character without falling into proselytization and dryness or putting forth someone who has an answer to everything. Listening to her speculation on the unfathomable aspects in life, brought round and round again with meaningful repetition and the coy answers that only question you, provided a great structure and plot.

It was a beautiful way to look into her thought process and I have no criticism beyond that