Reviews for Shatter
Satan Abraham chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
Aw, this was really, really cute.
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
this. i love you for this. this is just so beautiful, so wonderful. i'm sorry i didn't review it sooner.

firstly, i really like the second pov. but you should know this by now with how often i tell you this in a review.

and theo/blaise. it's beautiful. absolutely beautiful. i really love how blaise is not like his mother, how he learned that love is a dangerous game. and that he cares about theo enough /not/ to break him, /not/ to shatter him. it really speaks about how much blaise cares and how much of a better person blaise is compared to his mother.

i love how blaise knows what theo is talking about, but doesn't let him off easily, makes him ask the question. because you know, it's always a better idea to know what they're talking about rather than assuming and blaise is smart enough to know that.

[Because you gave him your heart. You made yourself vulnerable — as your mother would see it. You risked… everything.] - i love the mention of what his mother would see it as. it really contrasts what blaise does. it's brilliant.

[You are both safe in the knowledge that this is an even playing field, that you are both vulnerable, that you have both opened yourselves up to a potential world of pain.] - this has to be my favorite line. because essentially, people do open their heart up for hurt when they love another, but they trust the other person /not/ to hurt them. that's why it's such a dangerous game.

so yeah. this was brilliant and amber is lucky to have had something so beautiful written for her birthday.
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
Interesting pairing!

I really liked this. And, Amber actually informed me the other day that Blaise's mother having multiple husbands is actually canon. I always assumed it was a fanon thing :P I really need to read the books again...

Anywho, this was really adorable, and you did a marvellous job at writing these two together. Blaise not wanting to be like his mother... sweet :)

Well done.
dizzy ramone chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
It's funny, I've shipped these two for a long time but I've never imagined that Theodore would fear that Blaise might turn out like his mother. Yet it makes so much sense, actually. It's beautifully written. Thank you for writing about them!
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
Really nicely done. I like Blaise's description of his mother, very good. Keep writing
Palefur chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Um, er, wow. I mean...wow. I don't even ship this. I never even thought thus shipable. I, uh, wow. You've taken the words from my mouth. You made it quite shipable. I like the way which you made Blaise want not to be like his mom. I'm not sure if it is in the books, it has been a while since I've read them and I'm not the awesome reader people think I am. Romance...Romance! Oh well. I usually don't like it when it is the main topic, but for some reason I can deal with this which is weird. Anyway I really do like the way you write 2nd person. I love the way you structure your sentences. I love the fact that you draw the reader in with such sort sentences. So yeah really loved this piece.
DobbyLovesSocks chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
LAURA OMG LAURA OMG LAURA.

This was beautiful. It was absolutely beautiful, and... eeeeep. I loved this. I've never thought too much about either of these characters, and you made them so /real/, so developed. Your writing was amazing, as always, and I really and truly loved this.

[The way you see it, there are two things you could have learned from your mother, from your life — how to string people along and then crush them, or how not to. You chose to learn the latter.] That was just... yes. Yesyesyes. Have you read Perks? Well, there's one line that's sort of like that. It's like, this man was an alcoholic and lived an awful life. He had two sons- one became an alcoholic as well, and the other never touched a drop of alcohol in his life. The alcoholic said he learned from his father, and the other one said he learned NOT to from his father. And that made me think of this.

Tangent. Sorry.

[A little pressure in the right place and anyone will shatter.] Can I just... hug you until you can't breathe? Because that was amazingly beautiful, and so true. You said it so perfectly.

This was perfect and beautiful and I loved it. Amazing job.
Cheeky Slytherin Lass chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Awh, bby! I honestly just woke up. So imagine my sheer delight to find this waiting for me. Blaise/Theo. Gorgeous. Everything about this was absolutely flawless.

I love that the possibility of Blaise being like his mother comes up. I always felt that he would have that fear, and it's exactly why Pansy calls him picky. It's not that he isn't interested. He's afraid.

/rambling

Anyway! This was beautiful. The sweetness, the angstiness, all balanced so perfectly so that it's just marvelous.

And this. Yes. This is absolutely 100% okay. [Just as you have given him your
heart, he has given you his, and
you cradle it in your palms so
gently, because you, of all people,
know how fragile a human heart
can be. You, of all people, know
how easily they shatter.] What a perfect way to end.

Thank you.
CatchingCraziness chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
This was sad and sweet at the same time. Brilliant. :)