Reviews for Time and Tide
AnnEnigma chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
I love this story. So much introspection and lots of perfect head canon-ish stuff to fill out Hook/Killians character - his ability to strategize, observe, adapt and how that is largely how he's managed to survive centuries. Also the point you made about Cora narrowly only seeing our world's contraptions through a magical lens vs. Killian's ability to get the gist of the mechanics of them even if he doesn't have a complete understanding. Even though this become canon divergent I love that you could take good size portions of the character study of it and it would apply quite well to New York City Serenade particularly, but also just Killian generally. Glad to have found this as it inspires me to want to get back to a Hook/Killian centric fic that I've been tossing around for many months but I couldn't bring myself to move any further forward with. Thanks!
PastOneonta chapter 1 . 9/10/2014
This is excellent. Hook is a lost pirate living for vengeance and almost without hope. The writing is beautiful, his thoughts of the sea and his ship were visually impactful. His decision making and choices shows us how complex he is but also how little he has in his life other than memories. Yes, he is conflicted. Yes, he is not completely dark, there is a bit of hope. Thanks for writing.
PurpleDreamer99 chapter 1 . 7/22/2014
I love how you perfectly captured Killian's point of view throughout this story. I really enjoyed and loved reading every part of this. Keep up the amazing work! :D
Inevitably Insane chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
Hahahaha I wouldn't hate seeing number four on your list make it into its own one-shot. That could be a thing :D.

This was a lot of fun, and I meant to mention it the last review I left, but I really like the idea of Hook older Pan; damn unfortunate they killed it in canon [Peter's such a little berk there, and it just gets mega creepy later], but thanks for putting this idea out there.

Love the stories!
Best,
Kris
TutorGirlml chapter 1 . 2/4/2014
Just wanted to say what a great one-shot this was, with lots of intriguing insight into Killian's mind! I really enjoyed the "If he's going to be honest - which tends to be far more often than most realize..." line. It seems so true of him; he's a better man than he is often given credit for. I also love how we get to see him navigating the modern world outside Storybrooke here. How observant he is, and how versatile and adaptable, adn yet it's funny to see the things that are still puzzling and foreign to him also (i.e. cell phones) I loved the wistfulness and understanding of character in the beginning of the second section:
"As a boy, the sea had always fascinated Killian.

As a man, he calls it home. He walks better with the deck rolling beneath his legs, breathes better with salt in his lungs, sees clearer with nothing between him and the horizon but countless waves. Since he lost Milah, it has been an empty home, but he thinks sometimes that she is the ocean now—wife, mother, lover. She can be temperamental and terrifying, but she welcomes him back every time with open arms.

He will never hold Milah again.

It is not the first time he has had this thought, nor will it be the last. His phantom left hand still remembers the shape of her, and without his hook he can feel the loss more keenly. It is all the more painful because he can no longer recall, exactly, the shade of her eyes or the sound of her voice. For decades she haunted him, her ghost lingering aboard his ship, invisible to all eyes but his own. Then, slowly, Neverland stripped even that away, leaving him with nothing but a gaping wound in his heart and the thirst for vengeance to fill it. It is a wound that few people have ever seen.

Just one woman, with hair the color of purest gold, the instincts of a pirate, and a matching wound in her own heart. One infuriatingly resourceful woman who has bested him not once now, but four times."
Those paragraphs were just lovely and captured so much of him and his motivations. I also loved that sad but true realization you wrote when he admits his purpose for living may be finished. "He is a lost boy, and he fears that he can never, ever be found." Wow.
Just lovely overall, and the ending bit about whatever his path from there on out, it will lead to her.
So glad you shared this and that I found it to read!
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
Loved this too! Thanks for the fun reads. More CS fics, please! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
Absolutely love this. You should continue it! Your writing is amazing!
OfMockingjaysAndPrimroses chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
I love you. This is amazing. I wish this actually happened on the show! *grumbles* Stupid Tamara and Greg.
Kou Shun'u chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
"the details are realistically perfect"- loved that bit.
great work. i like how hook considered his past, present, and possible futures and then the results if gold is dead or alive and whats left after that.
i liked all his observances and how he navigated his way in the unfamiliar land in a rather relaxed manner. i like how he wore neal's clothes. i really liked the whole mood of it. very much like meandering thoughts.
samhaincat chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Loved this, loved the moment of reflection. I think Hook/Killian, at least I hope will have that moment onscreen as well. And LOL yes Hook any clothes look better on you. Thank you that was an enjoyable read.
Ni Castle chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
Loved!
Nanenna chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
I sure hope point 4 happens, that would be delightful!

I enjoyed reading this, it was a wonderfully in character look into Killian and very believable. I hope how Hook gets back is left vague so I can keep this in my headcanon. I have a feeling he's just going to pop up, say something witty about how he got back and then the story will move on and ignore the gap.
CaptainHookSparrow chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
This is awesome. Well done, mate!
5289belle chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Can't wait to read it the Hook and Neal part.
Autumn chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
I enjoyed this story. It's very well-written and a logical way to fill in the gaps of how Hook gets from point A to point B, both physically and mentally. A continuation would be nice, but the story ends perfectly as it is.