Reviews for La Longue Carabine
tyraleanne chapter 6 . 3/8
So beautiful! love Tony and ziva. absolutely lovely and vivid portrayal.
castlefringereader chapter 6 . 8/8/2013
loved this.
Bex19 chapter 6 . 5/20/2013
What a beautiful story! Wonderful work! :)
shywr1ter chapter 6 . 4/18/2013
This story was lovely, and the chapter such a fitting, hopeful end to it all. I liked the idea of Ziva watching the movie to follow the analogies, and that she asked to watch it with Tony. Let the healing begin!

As I said before, this was such a great use of "Mohicans," so incredibly appropriate since DiNozzo was involved, and an all-around well done story. Again, you have some great scenes, very true to the show (the show's restroom use, with your own twist - a Christmas-carol-whistling agent! :} ) and you have the feel of the show working well throughout.

I'm so glad to have found this story. Thanks so much for sharing!
AllieKatheryn chapter 6 . 4/8/2013
You wielded your words like magic. A short but very powerful read, thank you.
nk chapter 6 . 4/6/2013
Fantastic ending. Please write more in this fandom, you do the characters so well.
NCIStiva3 chapter 6 . 4/6/2013
Oh, my God! Right now, all I want to do is watch that movie. I'm in love with this story!
Ladyaloysius chapter 6 . 4/6/2013
AND PLEASE TELL ME WHY THE PEOPLE AT NCIS DIDN'T WRITE IT THIS WAY?!
This was beautiful, sensitive, and well done! Thanks!
Ladyaloysius chapter 5 . 4/6/2013
You just have Gibbs and Tony's voices so clear! The timing, phrasing , everything ! Great writing!
jdeasselin chapter 6 . 4/6/2013
This was a beautiful story. I have tears. Very very well done.
TheNaggingCube chapter 6 . 4/6/2013
Oh wow, I have goose bumps. This was amazingly lovely.
Ryalin chapter 6 . 4/6/2013
This gave me the same chills that I get from the handful of other extremely well written stories that serve to tackle hard realities that the pros so casually glossed over. The difference is that you explored these issues in the most amazingly clever, expertly crafted way. This was gorgeous, and I'm sorry to see it end.
shywr1ter chapter 4 . 4/6/2013
"He heard the door click like a rifle primed to fire."

This is why your story is so terrific, and why your readers should be ready to just take on faith what you say about the book's similarities if they haven't read it - because it's all so beautifully written. This line would be great in any event, illustrating the ominous times ahead, especially in the meeting with Vance foretelling Ziva's future, coming as it does from a character for whom firearms are an integral part of his life - but given the continuing comparisons to the book, it's of course a rifle primed, not just any firearm. What a great last thought for that scene!

Tony's last line of the chapter is stunning, too, after his talk with Vance: "She looks like Alice."

The whole chapter is just perfectly in sync with these characters - the word choice and sentence structures, all fit perfectly they way Tony and Tim would talk to each other. It's subtle, but is so very often missed in fanfic. You have these two drawn perfectly! I can so hear and see each of them as you describe their movements, even their effect on their surroundings (another artfully crafted line for a very mundane occurrence: "The metal shuddered as it retracted back into the wall." Nice!)

I am even more impressed that much of the story was ... gah! ... typed out on a phone? Such patience! May you have bigger keyboards in your future and more fic for us - this is amazingly done...
shywr1ter chapter 3 . 4/2/2013
I am so excited to see so many chapters up!

Your story really makes me want to read the Last of the Mohicans (though Tony - and Jackie - would want me to see the movie!) I am intrigued with how you're able to maintain the references, yet write such a well done story (so I peeked a head a bit; will review all chapters though may be late in doing so - easier to read on the run than peck out reviews on a phone! :P)

Hurray for Vance in this chapter! I love that he's all over the references, and even more like your letting us see the human behind the stern director role. He really ISN'T the bad guy, and I'm happy you let us see that.

Thanks for extending this and the concept for your story. Well done!
Schmaltzy chapter 5 . 3/28/2013
One guess which movie Ziva has in mind!

Meanwhile, the reader doesn't need to have seen it to appreciate this story.

Great work - I look forward to its continuation.