Reviews for Midnight Blues
The Antic Repartee chapter 17 . 5/21
Of course, as soon as I finished this chapter I, bracingly, scrolled back up to check the date. Yep. But, hey, I completely understand life getting away from you. As tragic as it is for this to remain (?) unfinished I’m still appreciative that it exists. I didn’t think it was possible to find something post!DH, EWE, IC, and just all around freaking amazing all rolled into one fic. *This* was the continuation I was looking for; not the cookie-cutter bullshit Rowling fed us for that epilogue, but something that followed the characters as individuals and a unit.

All of this needed to happen: acknowledging the PTSD, the realistic veering from their dreams into adulthood, and, most importantly, maintaining the “golden trio” dynamic no matter how their lives weaves. This *kisses fingertips* is something I didn’t think was possible to find in fanfiction, tbh.

I have to thank you for several things, first and foremost for valuing and representing Harry and Ron’s relationship, which has been beaten to DEATH by fanon for some ungodly reason. MAN it was refreshing to see it done right. Second, for Harry and Hermione and… like… everything with their relationship; with how they interact (most importantly, how they DIDN’T interact). Sincerely, you did them all a great service by putting their friendship — or rather that level a little beyond friendship — before romantic nonsense.

Thank you for handling Harry’s sexuality perfectly. He’s active, he’s engaged, he’s raunchy and, self-admittedly, willing to bang anything with legs and an ass, but (no, really, I can’t thank you enough) not /actually/ banging anything with legs and an ass, as the fics often do to fill in some twisted personal satisfaction rather than anything that makes sense. He has this thing called character and self-restraint and awareness — all of them do, really — and even that much made stumbling upon this story infinitely more rewarding.

Thank you for the muggle culture and not stripping it from the muggle raised *coughJesuscough*. Thank you for the fantastic writing, the wit within dialogue, and the A entertaining plotline.

There really isn’t much to complain about in this story, and for someone who’s been starved of decent, better-than-canon plotlines and character portrayals, I’ll take having just a half-finished fic rather than no fic at all.

Great work!
kyuubi shadow chapter 17 . 11/22/2016
Love it
Guest chapter 2 . 11/1/2016
I thought it was Luna in the dreams, and can you blame me? She is, after all the only blonde girl cannon!harry has actually spoken to, who doesn't have a french accent.
nyavoremmanuel chapter 1 . 9/30/2016
we so do love the bashfests. He wasn't punished enough in the series. Wasn't of much use either. More of a hindrance. And before you refute think about it. The parts where he was most useful were engineered so that he COULD be useful.
1. The chessboard
2. The locket rescue scenario in DH
3. The Deluminator And you drop your attention-avoiding friend just because of a game? How petty.
Anyway, I think JK left those glaring plot holes so that we could perpetuate reader interest by reworking the whole series.
greust chapter 14 . 7/1/2016
too much Hermione not enough Ron hurrdurr
carwash36 chapter 1 . 6/20/2016
God, this is awesome. Merc Harry and Ron!
1989 chapter 17 . 4/30/2016
Allright, it's been long enough now, get back to it. This is one of the few fics I have enjoyed in a looooong time, and I can't reread it four times. Update pleeeeeeaase.
Cole Pascal chapter 1 . 4/20/2016
I would be down with them being megahipsters from childhood. It's people who become hipsters in their twenties because it's a cool 'scene' that annoy the shit out of me.

I hate the oedipal reference you added, it's the reason I don't write canon romances.
RawrNOTWrawr chapter 17 . 2/19/2016
This is the best story I have read in a long while. Please continue updating.
Lunar-Chakra chapter 1 . 1/28/2016
I finally understand why i love this story so much, it is entertaining. Not a funny story, but there are funny parts, not an action story but there is action, not a witty story, but there is plenty of wit in the story. This is one of the few truly entertaining stories on this site. Every chapter offers something, and the plot develops at a nice constant rate, with splashes of laughs references and it's own unique brand of Ron humor.
FN-21NineNine chapter 17 . 1/3/2016
I love this story. I need it back in my life. Please update soon :). You are absolutely fantastic at writing and I use this fanfic as a standard by which I judge other fanfiction.
s-david-m chapter 17 . 12/11/2015
This is a great story. Plenty of humour, mystery, fun and action. No typos that I've noticed, and it's well written, so kudos.

Obviously Harry and Ron have been through some dark times judging by their personalities, but it should be a fun ride bringing them back to 'respectable' people in Hermione's eyes. Or not. Either would be fun. It's noble that they try to shield her from their darkness. Too bad she's going to be obliviated.

The perspective change in this chapter is interesting, since your readers are no doubt interested in all members of the trio. I almost expected you to have Hermione admit that at least Harry was a good kisser. She seemed to get into the roleplay a little at the are hints of a Hermione crush in the past. Some interesting musings on Harry's part afterwards too; he's a broken man that seems to have given up on hope for a real future.

The Tracy byplay is interesting, and you have Gabrielle in the wings too (though I doubt he'd go after her, to protect her from himself). You're doing a good job keeping pairings open, except Ron and Astoria - where did that come from?

I have to admit that Harry not taking up Narcissa on her offer doesn't seem in character though. He's a self admitted selfish bastard, who was apparently sexually frustrated long before visiting her, so why wouldn't he? At this point, Harry himself comes off as little too asexual, like he views Tracy, just so you can put off the shippers. In his line of work, I think he'd be a bit more of man-whore. The Draco/Harry interactions were great though.

If I had any complaints, it's that some aspects are either a smidge unrealistic or convoluted. For instance, pseudo-adopting Lauren. How could that possibly be legal, and how does that murder tie case in with anything happening now? It's like they've given up trying to find her parents or what blood mages want to take Lauren, and why. How it all connects seems like it might be a little convoluted, but I'd like to find out!

Paltry nitpicks in an otherwise great story, so I hope you update soon!
s-david-m chapter 1 . 12/10/2015
Cool start. I was really wary of the story's start since your Harry seems so different from canon. But if you squint and consider how life just continues to screw him over like it did the previous 17 years before Hogwarts, then I can totally see him become slightly deranged post-goblins.

And Hermione would need be a Mary sue even if she could cook. She's too naive a d trusting in some ways, and too thoughtlessly bossy.
hitori.no.boku chapter 17 . 12/6/2015
Brilliantly done.
Dagor16 chapter 17 . 11/28/2015
Have been following the story for over a year and I am loving every second of it. It is cracky without beeing crack and a good read that is both cool,smart and hilarious. Keep up the good work!