Reviews for Come Downstairs and Say Hello
R chapter 16 . 3/27
That was great. Thank you for this amazing, and more importantly complete, story.
Jayla Fire Gal chapter 16 . 11/29/2016
Holy crap, this story is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I love it so much! And the fact that apparently adding a smiley face to the end of an insult nullifies it. That was so funny. Man I love this story. I am following you and will read all your stories that are in Fandoms I know.
bluestonewings chapter 1 . 6/8/2016
also, i loved the puns and the references.
I think i'm just old enough to get that yes, screw you clippy, you suck
bluestonewings chapter 16 . 6/8/2016
Hi!
Sooooo in what must surely be one of the greatest coincidences of my life ever, I've been in a portal mood for the past few days which eventually lead me to fanfiction (sigh) which for some reason got me here because you updated!, and I am so happy because I LOVE THIS STORY ITS WONDERFUL IT'S GORGEOUS AND THE CHARACTERIZATION AND THE BACKSTORY AND
anyways, yeah. I really liked the entire little chell and bumbling adult wheatley because I haven't seen that ever. (I'm not a fan of chelly (?) but this and blue sky (thanks for the recommendation!) might be changing my mind, idk) I found the entire thing cute and yeah, wonderful stuff, love your writing, especially how you have wheatley be a nerd but meet little chell and I really liked chell too for that matter, it's really fun to see how everyone characterizes her differently
I won't say no to a sequel! or little drabbles. I've never been one for prompts, but still.
I don't think you realize how excited to have read this; it's going on my phone permanently
(also, three years late but congrats on your baby girl! (i guess she's three now haha))
I loved loved loved the characterization it was so creative
Devin Trinidad chapter 16 . 5/18/2016
Oh my gosh, this was amazing! One of the best fan fictions for portal ever. Seriously, this is high up on my favorites list, right next to Blue Sky and a handful of others.

So what did I like most about this? The background information, the characters, the interactions, etc.! I loved it all so much. You just utilized the right words, the right phrases, and you managed to have my laughing in a matter of seconds. I also loved how you included references (hahahahah, Narbacular!). Absolutely hilarious. Loved it all.

I loved the idea that Wheatley was originally a teacher's aide and that Chell was selectively mute. It really fits both of their characters because Wheatley sincerely likes helping people/trying to be useful as possible, and I loved how you gave Chell a reason to not talk as much. It was all beautifully written, relationship and all.

It was great reading how their relationship has progressed from teacher/student, a relationship that was plagued with mistrust from past transgressions, to what appears to be lovers. Oh man, are you planning a sequel? That would be so awesome!

What else can I say? This was eloquently written (especially during those parts with Wheatley continuously rambling on and on and on...and on), the idea for this story was great, and the FREAKING PLOT TWIST AT THE END!

DO YOU REALIZE HOW HAPPY YOU MADE ME WHEN WHEATLEY TURNED OUT TO BE A PRETTY KICKASS (pardon my language) CHARACTER WHO PRETTY MUCH JUDO KICKED GLADOS' BUTT!

Oh man, I love it when a writer pretty much exploits a small detail from canon. It just give me satisfaction that I caught that.

Love, love, love, love it!

Keep up the great work! Eat some cake, you earned it.
Butterflygirl113 chapter 16 . 5/5/2016
Ooh, one-shot idea requests! Shameless Wheatley/Chell fluff in the time after escaping. Snippets of their life together and how they readjust to normal life. (I imagine Wheatley, having actually experienced normal life, would be a bit better at it but Chell would likely struggle since she had really only known Aperature.) I'd even like to see a story where they do eventually go back and rescue the other "cores"/possibly help free Caroline and take down GLaDOS. But mostly romantic fluff. I'm a sucker for this pair and I know you would write it adorably.
Butterflygirl113 chapter 15 . 5/5/2016
That's adorable. Wheatley is just built for adorable sweetness, and I'm afraid you've gotten me back into the Wheatley/Chell romance kick your story started for me ages ago. I'm glad to see you didn't give up on it! It's one of the best-written ones I've come across; truly enjoyable.
sunburst223 chapter 16 . 4/26/2016
Oh hey! I remember this! This chapter is about as out there as I remember. Good times. And for a potential oneshot idea or I guess just an idea in general, maybe you could do something that explains what was up with Caroline in your story. That was one thing I wished you had explored just a bit more. Just me and my selfish wishes, though. Feel free to ignore me as you please.
ThePro-LifeCatholic chapter 15 . 4/18/2016
Alriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighty, then.
*cracks knuckles*
Here I go.

I read this whole story in about a day. Or two. Give or take a handful of hours. I can't actually remember how long it took, but that's besides the point.
Point #1: The fact that you got me to favorite this story should be a big deal for you. Why, you may ask? Well, to make a long story short, I'm not a huge supporter of Chelley. I don't go looking for stories that have this shipping.
Your story is the outlier in this case. Congratulations. You are the best fanfiction writer. Hands off the keyboard.

(sorry, deviating from the point...and now I'm starting to sound like GLaDOS...moving on...)
Point #2: I love the backstory you've given Wheatley and Chell. Even though their relationship became more romantic, you showed us a headcanon where they were friends, and you kept that aspect of their relationship throughout the story.

Point #3: Wheatley's rants. You write his rants SO. WELL. I LOVE reading Wheatley rants when people write them well.

Point #4: GLaDOS.
Just.
GLaDOS.
I don't even know where to start with her. She is my favorite character, and I think you definitely did her justice in your story. Her little snippets of thought...the nightmares about potatoes...randomly blowing up Atlas and P-Body because they care about her too much...her panicking about the prototype chassis...her randomly descending from the ceiling...all of it.
There is nothing about her that I didn't like in this story.

Point #5: You managed to smoothly incorporate the events of the co-op into the storyline, which made it even more awesome. :)

Conclusion: Your story is, quite simply put, one of the only Chelley stories I have ever read, and the only one I have ever favorited. Even though I'm not a fan of the shipping, there are so many other amazing elements of this story that I couldn't ignore or deny.
There is a fanfiction that a lot of Portal fans know about; it's called "Blue Sky". In my own opinion, this gem of a story that you've concocted is better than "Blue Sky".
In short, you've done a wonderful job. Please keep writing for Portal!
ThePro-LifeCatholic chapter 16 . 4/18/2016
I love how the story ended, everything got resolved, and then suddenly...out of nowhere...JEOPARDY! TURRET AUDIENCE!
FACT CORE!
SCIENCE!

And GLaDOS coming out of the ceiling (again) is just amazing. If that whole "idea for oneshots" thing is still something you're planning on doing, you should do a one-shot about GLaDOS just popping in and out of random Aperture Science compartments and ceilings, but never really explaining how or why.

Or you could do GLaDOS trying to get over her fear of birds and potatoes.

Or you could just to do a one-shot about GLaDOS in general. Seriously, you write her amazingly. :)
Slendy chapter 15 . 1/11/2016
I absolutely loved this! There isn't that many good Chell/Wheatley stories, but I'm glad I read yours!
I wish there could be a sequel to this one, like Chell and Wheatley finding a town and then trying to rescue the other humans. That would be bloody brilliant!
Much love!
Lau chapter 15 . 1/9/2016
Hi, I'm so happy to be able to finally leave you a review.
I want to congratulate you for this lovely ending. Really, it was the best ending for this story, and I'm happy to see all the loose ends solved!
About Chell and Wheatley, I really love how each grew and evolved as the story progressed; their relationship bloomed so naturally, not feeling forced at all. Of course, I should talk about the feels, OMG that kiss scene was so cute and precious I was just there sighing and grinning like and idiot when I read it. Oh, and I really really must tell you for the last time how much I love how you wrote Wheatley, how we never forget what he was and where he comes from, and how it affects his personality and behavior even now that he is a human. I really gonna miss how you write him. ;_;
Nice ending too! It was really funny to see how Atlas and P-Body at least try to fulfill their mission in a creative way, haha, although I don't think She'll be too happy with the results, XD But yeah, I loved the ending and how we last see the wheatfield and the clear dusk skies, it was a nice touch.
Thank you, thank you so much for this amazing stories, one of my favorite Portal and Chelley fics. I wish you the best of lucks!
KHGiggle chapter 15 . 12/7/2015
That was a fun story to read. I just now found it so I didn't have to wait for any of the chapters. :-)
So will there be a sequel focusing on Chell and Wheatley trying to help the other people downloaded into machines? I'll understand if there isn't, but it would be kind of interesting to see how they'd go about it.
Tristan Journey chapter 11 . 12/1/2015
Holy- when he said his last name was Narbacular, I was just like, "pfft. that sounds familiar. But kind of stupi-," and then BAM. I ACTUALLY GASPED. NARBACULAR. OHHH MY GOD.
Guest chapter 15 . 11/24/2015