Reviews for A Handful of Dust
Ellie Hawes chapter 1 . 11/4
I know many of us are asking, and hoping you may one day find the inspiration to return to this story. It is truly beautiful, real, and now my headcanon post ME3.
The "ending" is in itself a new beginning, where imagination can take us further perhaps than any resolute ending might.
So for that, while my selfish heart craves more (also, a few extra love scenes, because yours are refreshingly non-smutty, yet I find myself craving more, just a little more sex...) this was definitely a padded enough story to exist as it stands now.
I'm sure a lot of us would be happy at hearing your voice again. But either way, thank you for sharing this. Your writing feels realistic, gritty and accurate. As others have said, I often heard the characters voices within my head throughout reading. It exists as canon to me now.
MaidMarian17 chapter 64 . 10/22
Oh my goodness, i know this story hasn't been updated in years, but if it does get updated i would absolutely keep reading it! I can see everything in this story actually happening in congruence with the games! Thank you so much for this :)
This was wonderful. And while I would love the continuation of the story, this spot feels like the ending that is a beginning. We have the goal, we have bits of hope and despair. We have our characters in a new space that is also an old space.

This stands as another story about The Shepard. What happens next, it it’s written, is yet another.

Thank you for all the effort you put into this. For the nuanced relationships, for leaving Shepard as her name, for weaving something that fits really nicely into canon. No mean feat and this was a hell of a ride. Thanks.
Heartbroken. I didn't realise when I started it wasn't finished, just assumed it was complete. This was so brilliant it had me in floods of tears at some points, I wish we'd got an ending :(
Oh please continue. I've craving to know if dear sweet David can bring EDI back. I need that crazy witch Moira to get her due. I'm curious about Nick. Solana needs to have answers of her own . Shepard deserves to finally have her happy ending with her Archangel. This has kept me at such late hours of the night because I just couldn't stop reading.
I was so excited to see so many chapters and now I'm sad that's it's incomplete. Thoroughly enjoyed reading this and slightly hopeful it may one day be completed. Thank you.
kseniya200221 chapter 64 . 1/26
Hello. Sorry for the literacy, I write through a translator. Why did you drop this amazing fan fiction? I love your version of what is happening, and there are many of us in the Russian-speaking public. Please give at least some kind of answer...
drybobs chapter 64 . 1/21
this was amazing! hope you finish it one day :((
Jess B chapter 1 . 8/26/2019
Hey, I know it’s been a few years since the last update, and I don’t know if you’ll get this message or not. I’ve known what it’s like to sometimes have to put an unfinished fic on the shelf, and I just wanted to say that even if it’s never finished, thank you for taking the time to give me and the rest of the mass effect community this much of this breathtaking story. It’s rare to find stories like this one where life is woven so flawlessly into every character, to the point where every line of dialogue is automatically read in the proper voice. And holy god the emotions, the twists and turns, the dreams and relationships of the characters, just wow. It’s absolutely phenomenal, and I absolutely could not put it down. 3

Thank you so so so much. If inspiration and motivation ever returns, and selfishly I very much hope it does, I look forward to seeing where this story is taken.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/9/2019
omg! this was amazing. please please finish!
Supersonicfan1107 chapter 64 . 1/2/2019
I love this story. And I'm terribly sorry for taking so long to review this. It is a crime, I will work hard to atone.

Your writing is incredibly powerful. I love this story. I hope you find it in yourself to update this wonderful story. You've created a beautiful thing. Shame to see it lie dormant.

Amazing job! Well done!
Lara Jayd chapter 64 . 7/11/2018
I loved this story, I'm sad it's not completed. You write so beautifully and so descriptively, I can practically hear the characters talking. The plot is an interesting one too, I wondered what would happen to the Leviathans after ME3.
A couple of bits of CC:
The story can get a bit heavy after a while. The subject matter is always so full of sadness or anxiety, and it's always so well written that it really comes across and piles on. It wouldn't hurt to have the occasional lighter chapter, to give the reader a bit of a breather.
I really like that you don't assume the reader is stupid and spell things out all the time, but sometimes you can be a little *too* obtuse, making it difficult to understand what's going on. Eg when Shep works something out and Garrus gets it too but no explanation is given to the reader.

I hope you're still out there and will come back to this story one day, I'd love to see where you take it.
Guest chapter 13 . 4/24/2018
Oh.

Oh no.
Guest chapter 2 . 4/24/2018
This is really good so far.
FrostFrame chapter 1 . 4/19/2018
Pleeeeeeeease! Pleeeeeeeeease! I beg of you! Give us an update! I have followed this story for years, and I hope every day that you will update. I adore your work. Truly. Though I also understand if you are uncertain about continuing. Please just tell us either way... we love you. And we love your work. Thank you for sharing such a compelling story with us.
1,087 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »