Reviews for You Are Not Alone in This
Guest chapter 6 . 8/6/2013
FEELS! Hkdndjdlld loved this fic! You did an amazing job at writing this thanks for sharing and can't wait to read more of your works!
madinalakesavedmylife chapter 6 . 4/8/2013 It can't be finished, I...I...Gah! I was so looking forward to reading more! DX

Still, this was an absolutely awesomesauce chapter - I loved how you portrayed John as a human being with feelings and a conscience as opposed to the revenge-obsessed semi-nutcase seen in many fics. I loved seeing him act - more or less - like a real father for a change. :) (And I loved your note in the summary: " Now featuring Guilty!John")

The description of Sam asleep with his mouth open was brilliant, I could feel all the characters' emotions really clearly your descriptions were so good. The dialogue was, as always, spontaneous and natural-sounding, with a fantastic flow to it.

I know zilch about medicine, to my shame, but Dean getting pneumonia due to not taking his pain meds is I think the best, most realistic back-to-the-hospital scenario I have read to date in this fandom. No kidding, the amount of fics I've read where someone breaks a leg, gets out of hospital only to dislocate their shoulder and puncture a lung, only to get out *again* and contract both septicaemia and meningitis from some unspecified source...Sorry, just ignore my rantings. But great job on the realism. :)

Brilliant, I loved the interplay between the three at the end, particularly Sam's threatening to whack his brother with his crutches, John's good-natured chiding in response, and Dean's request for pie. XD It's so lovely to see them acting - more or less - like a regular family. :)

The ending was so bittersweet - I really felt Sammy's guilt, and can imagine how hard he must have worked to keep himself under control for the sake of his brother. That's something I can really identify with, actually. Awesomesauce-amazing work, I just wish there could have been more of this brilliant story! Sorry for the overlong review - keep up the super work and DFTBA! XD
madinalakesavedmylife chapter 5 . 4/7/2013
Aaaaaagh! :-o You...Just...Oh my God, this just keeps getting better with each new chapter! Aaagh, poor Dean! I knew something like that was going to happen, but at the same time I can sort of see where John's coming from, and agh this story is so fantastic! XD

*cough*, sorry about that - Lucozade Pink Lemonade is making me kind of hyper. But this was so brilliant, really involving and tense - you can really feel all the emotions running through your writing. The conversation with Liz was a nice touch too - your dialogue is fantastic, so fluid and natural. Brilliant, keep up the awesomesauce work dude! XD
madinalakesavedmylife chapter 4 . 4/3/2013
Woo, another awesomesauce chapter! XD Once again, everything about this was brilliant - I particularly liked Dean panicking about what his dad would think, and how you portrayed John in general. It's so rare to find a fanfic that shows the conflict between the fatherly and authoritarian sides to his character, so great job on that! :) And I loved the names of the hospital staff - it's nice to see supporting characters with some personality in fanfiction, so many writers just focus on the canon characters. Really loving this story to pieces, keep up the fantastic work and DFTBA! XD
madinalakesavedmylife chapter 3 . 3/31/2013
This is fantastic, I think you're my new favourite Supernatural fanfic writer! XD Love everything about this, it's so well-written and atmospheric, I can really see everything happening. I know nothing about medicine either, but everything sounded perfectly believable, and you portrayed Dean's relationship with his brother so well, considering everything's from an outside viewpoint. It's great that Addie's not a Mary-Sue, either - it's so rare to find normal, believable, sane female characters in fanfiction, so good job on that! :)

Favoourite lines:

- His face was black with dust, save for tear tracks down his cheeks. His little brother's head was cradled in his lap, eyes closed, a thin trickle of blood coming from one corner of his mouth. Never a good sign.
"Where the hell have you been?" Dean asked, his voice cracking.

-Addie flinched as Sam let out a scream of agony. She looked over at Dean. He looked sick, but he was holding it together. He ran his fingers through his little brother's hair, muttering something that Addie couldn't hear.

- "Sammy's a stubborn son of a bitch if there ever was one. No way he's gonna let some stupid-ass tunnel be the end of him."

- Dean didn't answer. He'd grown quiet and still, his face tight with pain. His breathing was ragged, and he was guarding his right side with his arm.
Addie frowned. "Dean? You okay?"
Dean looked over at her, his green eyes shiny with tears, wide with pain and…fear? "I…uh…" he began before falling to his knees, doubling over in pain.
"Dean!" she cried. "Dad! Dad, something's wrong with Dean!" She felt tears prickling at her eyes as she knelt next to Dean.
Her dad was by his side in a moment, trying to get Dean to sit up so he could take a look. Dean was shaking his head, tears streaming down his face. Harry was finally able to coax him into a sitting position.

- "Di'n't really notice 'til now. 'sides. Sammy needed help,"

- She handed the scissors to her dad, her hands shaking. She shoved them in her armpits in a feeble attempt to stop them.

- Harry began cutting Dean's shirt, but Dean stopped him, grabbing his hand.
"I like this shirt," he said.
Harry rolled his eyes. "It was covered in blood anyway.

- Here he was, all beat to hell and bloody, and he was asking about his brother.

- "I'm sorry about what I said the other night. Addison is my baby girl-you understand. I see how you are with Sam. I just couldn't stand the thought of her heart being broken. I see now I was wrong. My daughter would be lucky to have someone like you."

Apologies for quoting about half of the chapter, but there are just so many great parts in here! Brillinat, work, keep it up and DFTBA! XD I eagerly await the next chapter!
LostInTheCityOfAngels chapter 2 . 3/26/2013
Another Great Chapter!

I'm very excited to see how this will continue. Hope you can update soon.

Keep up the Awesome work! :)
Lizzy chapter 2 . 3/26/2013
Oh Jesus. Oh god, please, PLEASE update! This has to be one of the best, most tense fanfics I've ever read, it's absolutely fantastic. Nice twist that the person screaming in Sam's dream was actually him! Wow that was good, I was on the edge of my seat throughout, great work! :) I'm just about dying for the next chapter now! :o You're a really talented writer, keep up the awesomesauce work and DFTBA! XD
coco chapter 2 . 3/26/2013
Okay I'm in love with this... Although Dean is my fave to be hurt or sick so if you could do that to it would be totally perfect for me. Maybe he has a bad reaction to breathing in the toxic fumes from the cave or something and gets problems with his lungs. Please can you update very soon. Awesome job so far. Coco
AmyWritesXO chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
This os really good so far! Please continue. Your writing is very good and I like the story line! Looking forward to your next update :)
Fanficfanatic1211 chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
I'm really excited for the next chapter. I love hurt Sam and outsider perspective.
madinalakesavedmylife chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
Oh my God, you have GOT to continue this! PLEASE, I need to know what happens! Really well-written and believable, and so tense! Keep up the amazing work! :)