Reviews for The Journal
anythingbutguest chapter 3 . 9/17/2014
definitely continue love the story
Hoplite39 chapter 3 . 4/13/2013
Good continuation with Travis learning the ropes at his work station.

Interesting to read about the bit where the ship gave relief for an industrial accident. Just shows that they sometime help people.
Hoplite39 chapter 2 . 4/13/2013
Who would know that every day life aboard an ISD could be so interesting. Most people so far sound they are quite nice genuine people. Not even any chat about the Empire and the war. But perhaps that is sensitive, or not even interesting to the crew.

So imperial crews have pretty women on them. Makes me sad about blowing them up.
Hoplite39 chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Great chapter. It's good to see the ISD crew as regular guys with the officers acting reasonably lenient.
ImperialJedi chapter 3 . 4/3/2013
Hello! This is a great story so far. I often imagine what it is like to be working on an Imperial Star Destroyer. I enjoy exploring your rendering of life on board. It has been great to follow Travis as he comes about and takes on his new post.

The characters are great because beyond the outward intimidating Imperial pomp and circumstance, these feel like real people who enjoy their work and do it well.

It was an honor to add another of your stories to the Galactic Empire community. Well done!

-IJedi
Guest chapter 3 . 3/30/2013
Sounds interesting, keep it on!
If there aren't many reviews, it's prorbably because it's not about popular characters ;)
ladyofdarkstar chapter 3 . 3/29/2013
Redd is quickly becoming a favorite. I love the quips and smart remarks. :). Also, i enjoy the technical descriptions of the ship. We all know that ISDs require 37,000 people to run them-plus living spaces, etc.-but very few people really comment on how large they are, and how it could literally take someone 15 or more minutes to get around. Even Imps have a "commute" time to get to work. ;)

I also enjoyed the description of what Travis will be doing in his daily duties. Makes the story more realistic and gritty, which is a very good thing.

Can't wait for the next chapter!
ladyofdarkstar chapter 2 . 3/29/2013
I can absolutely sympathize with the lack of a window in his room. I made the mistake of going on a cruise and booking an interior room to save on the cost. Never doing that again as the only way I could distinguish day from night when I was staring at the alarm clock. It was very unsettling and a tiny bit claustrophobic!

But why was V. V. transfered? Who was the mysterious Moff that visited? Did that have anything to do with her transfer? Was it just a coincidence? What did our hero stumble into?

Please do continue!
Nangijala chapter 2 . 3/26/2013
Very interesting story. Can't wait for the next chapter.
ladyofdarkstar chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
I love your Imperials. They always seem like real people caught in the middle of a war. They aren't mindless killing machines or people twisted by Sith teachings. They are just people, with all their quirks and flaws and even silly moments. :) I think that is why I smile every time I read one of your chapters. I can empathize with the characters you create, both on the Imperial and rebel sides. That's a wonderful talent.

I look forward to the moment when Travis meets his teammates, and what he is going to think of the two crack-ups that are Redd and Wolam!