Reviews for The Apple of Her Eye
Guest chapter 15 . 5/6/2022
Gosh this story is one of a kind, no words can describe how good this story is
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2020
BECAUSE U LOVE HER
Guest chapter 15 . 6/21/2020
I absolutely loved this story!
Melon chapter 1 . 7/9/2017
Marvelous job! I love it how you really captured the “hard working farmer and the prissy fashionista chemistry!” Beautiful 3

And my gosh I just love it how you made little proud lady Rarity get easily flustered by the grimy farmer AppleJack haha

(Sorry I made you cringe)
The Big Review chapter 15 . 4/23/2016
This story is, with not a doubt in my mind, THE greatest fanfiction I have thus far read in the MLP genre. It not only brings to life amazing fictional characters, but it also expertly humanizes those characters when they are, in truth, of an entirely different species.

So many bronies and pegasisters romanticize the relationship between Rainbow Dash and Applejack, the so-called Appledash ship, that too few realize just how perfect a couple Applejack and Rarity make. It's a classic tale that never grows old; a trend-setting fashionista from the city who has to have everything perfectly so-so, all her ducks in a row, her make up done before she can sit down and enjoy dinner, falls in love with a farmer from the country, a soul who lives in the dirt, who thrives on sweat along her skin, who's unafraid of belching a loud one in public, even though she's a female and it's so strongly discouraged and looked down upon.

I also find myself loving the beginning, with Sweetie Belle catching Big Macintosh and Cheerilee in the act of love making. So many authors are unwilling to approach that line, much less cross it, because they feel it's morally wrong. Yet it provides a sense of realism, because let's face it here, that happens a lot in real life, doesn't it?

Speaking on the subject of realism, we have Granny Smith. A beloved member of the Apple Clan and a beloved fan favorite. And you killed her off. Many readers might fault you for it, but for some it only makes this story real, gets us more emotionally involved, if you might. It forces the characters to face a new, dark future and come to terms with an unspeakable tragedy, and either they grow and better themselves from it, or they succumb to it. This is exactly as it is in real life; when tragedy strikes either we overcome it or it overcomes us. Rarely is there any middle ground. Her [Granny Smith] death was indeed sad and heartbreaking, but it only aided in the improvement of this tale.

I'll make a confession; my favorite pony of the Mane Six is Rarity. I believe she has become overly sexualized and minimized in terms of the main plot, both in the show itself and in many fanfictions. She's shown as being something akin to a prissy diva who can't live outside of fashion and glamor, but you've done something a handful of authors alone can do; you've shown her sensative side without making her look weak, you've show WHY she's the holder of the Element of Generosity. You've turned her into what she's always been; a vibrant young mare with a bright future ahead of her, a soul who isn't unintelligent and, when something that matters is on the line, a pony unafraid of getting her hooves dirty. In short, you've made her real, and I love it.

Another astonishing feat; you've cheated nature itself, allowing two mares, via magical means, to produce two very amazing children between them, which also belays AJ's fears of not having any children to pass the farm onto when she's gone.

Perhaps my favorite part of this story, however, is the evolution of the relationship between Applejack and Rarity. At first, they're both awkward and in denial of their feelings, then they enter a stage of "It's true, but it can't be." After this, their friendship is put to the test, forcing Rarity to take drastic actions; she forces AJ to choose SAA or her. They say there can be no reward with no risk, and Rarity's risk was collossal but so was her reward. Then, it goes from being tentative, a fledgling relationship on the shaking legs of a newborn babe, to a deep, mature relationship they learn from and better themselves from. And, eventually, it does become a perfected reunion based on desire, love, and yes, friendship.

No story, however, is perfect, and this story did have it's fair share of grammatical errors and typos. However, this holds true for every story and these mistakes, given the superior quality of this story, are effortlessly overlooked.

THE BIG REVIEW STORY RATING: 10/10
Kenth Victus chapter 9 . 1/8/2016
Favorite RarityxAJ pairing story by far, Hands down, AMAZING job.
LoveForeverNow chapter 9 . 4/4/2015
You are very misleading with your writing. From the way you wrote the previous chapter and the beginning of this one I thought the two had already had sex. Applejack even asked if they made love too much but now you're saying they haven't done that yet? It's very confusing.
Guest chapter 5 . 3/4/2015
oh shit
Guest chapter 3 . 3/3/2015
pingas
ponyrapper chapter 10 . 2/20/2015
It was actually really romantic and I love rarjack its my favourite ship
Nu Yunikon chapter 15 . 12/19/2014
Wow...just wow. You have made an fantastic story of Applejack and Rarity. Thank you for this story it was fun reading.
Guest chapter 15 . 8/14/2014
this was one of the single most heart breaking heart warming and most amazing story I have yet to read and ill be sure to read it over and over again as I go on to read more thank you for writing such an amazing piece I sincerely hope you do more of these because you officially stole my heart with this not looking for dates though keep writing because with what you have here ill be surprised your not writing books right know best wishes Big Red
El President chapter 15 . 6/1/2014
You did an outstanding work on this fic. I seriously love it. Can't wait to read the FlutterDash fic. Great work!
Panquem chapter 15 . 5/16/2014
Sweet Epona! What a wonderful fic! I just love Rarijack and this fic was so sweet and complete, congratulations! Jajaja I salute you!
wolf eyes chapter 15 . 4/20/2014
awwwwwe yaaaaaaaay! that's was awesome, one of the most beautiful stories ever! thank you so much for this story it really made me feel every emotion when I read it keep up the good work.