Reviews for Cowboys and Indians
Kathy Knudsen1 chapter 1 . 3/9/2020
Good story and good writing style. Really enjoyed this
Shade Nightwalker chapter 1 . 10/14/2019
"Cowboys and Indians" - a classical title for a story about a classical topic. It reads like a typical cowboy story, but like a typical ASJ episode, too. You achieved a perfect mix here.
They boys start out in a small town, just escaped a possy and running a little low of money. The chance to get a away soon and earn some money is tempting. Of couse, it didn't turn out as they expected it. The story is about Heyes and Curry, after all.
That the poor boys ended up as captives of Indians again, where Heyes can't work his silvery tongue, is bad enough. But that one of the drivers was tortured to death and they come to take Kid Curry had me on the edge. Not only me as it seems: facing a slow, painful death of one of them, the boys forget about their aliases and all the rest. I'm just glad the leader of the tribe was such a reasonable man and could calm down his braves.
I just love the little gesture when the Kid is returned to his companions and Heyes leans his forehead against his shoulder to comfort both of them.
The story ends with a Hannibal Heyes plan as we know them, a run for freedom and a good story to tell for long dark evenings for Mr. Adams.
Thank you for a good, gripping and adventurous read.
emeraldarrows chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
Fascinating bit of history mingled with the boys. Well done.
Hildegaarde chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Good job on the horse-herding scenes. Most people think that the stallion manages the herd so I'm pleased to see someone who knows a little something about lead mares. Historical accounts are always the best inspiration for stories and you've done a great job with this one.
laf1024 chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
That was quite a thrilling ride there, only Heyes and the Kid can get themselves a job that would soon turn into trouble for them. And this you based on a true story, that is amazing i have to check into this, i love anything historic. Poor Gus Wilson, if only he had listen to Jake maybe the indians would have rode away if the figured that the men were no threat. Good thing Chief Lone Wolf was a man who didn't believe in killing innocent people or Kid would have suffered the same fate. Loved the banter between Heyes and the Kid when they were preparing their " dinner party" Kid always thinking of his stomach. Very well written, a great fic for all to read.