Reviews for A Coward's Story
ErinKenobi2893 chapter 1 . 10/3
This is so sad. *cries a little* Incredible writing! :-D
ThePro-LifeCatholic chapter 1 . 8/27
*sobs violently*
I was having such a great evening, too.
This is so well-written, and so heart-wrenching. The feels just hit me like a ton of bricks...and I just can't. Not now, not tonight, not ever. Oh my gosh. Your story affected me so much, I can't even type coherent sentences. Fabulous, beautiful work. Hats of to you, my fellow writer.
Deep, introspective and beautifully written.
Devin Trinidad chapter 1 . 8/26/2014
I remember Midnight...completely creepy, but eloquently written. I'm not sure if all the passengers were under some hallucinogen or something because we never really saw if there was really a monster or enemy on the flight. Anyways, this was a wonderful continuation of one of my favorite episodes. I think you characterized the Doctor and Jethro perfectly and I love how you expanded on their thoughts on what happened.

I also love your little philosophical speech about how forgiveness doesn't have to be deserved because we all know that the Doctor is like that. :) It's nice to see that one of his old acquaintances actually apologize to the Doctor because its too often that our favorite Time Lord gets written off and forgotten. Wonderful story! I hope you continue writing for this fandom!
mysticmoon1331 chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
this was truly heartbreaking.
it was amazing, so heart wrenchingly amazing.
i was so close to tears, and i don't cry easily.
thank you so much for this story, for writing it and sharing it here. it was enjoyed.
Peaceful Dragon Rose chapter 1 . 6/6/2014
good story
OneSideOfACoin chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
This was a very, /very/ deep story! And I loved it! Even with Jethro dying at the end. . . .in fact, I think that added to it! I'm so glad that Jethro found peace and forgiveness in the end, and that he was told that he wasn't a coward.
I have one little pet peeve, though.
He was telling the stories about how he was mad at himself for still being scared, and I think the Doctor should have told him about - - you know - - how the true measure of bravery isn't how afraid you are, but whether or not you stand up to the fear and do it anyway. It was clear that the Doctor realized this, called him the 'brave young soldier', but I wish he'd told Jethro. I liked that Jethro died knowing he was forgiven, but it saddened me that he died thinking that he was still a coward, despitethe forgiveness.
Still, despite that - - a very good story! After all, that's just me.
Fare thee well,
bryghtsparx0913 chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
Aww, that's so sad, yet so perfect... :(
Volkie chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Gah. So amazing. You've got such a beautiful writing style, and I almost cried at the end.
The Cocky Undead chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
This was really good, if really sad. I always wanted to know what happened to Jethro after Midnight.
Good work!