Reviews for Pertinacious Wills
Morefindiel chapter 8 . 5/19/2013
Update! Woot! I feel like this chapter was fairly short :( But! Jareth. Though I grow more and more fond of Locksley and therewasn't much of him.
Also, "mewling scum." I just finished watching The Avengers for the millionth time, so you can imagine my train of thought at your words, haha.
arynwy chapter 8 . 5/19/2013
You know, I'm really starting to think that Hasley needs a good Bogging for starters. He just loves to stir it up, stand back and watch it swirl. If Sarah could just calm down a bit, she'd see it. Methinks she needs a tad bit more introspection: Jareth, in all his inner turmoil and despair, managed to speak quite a few truths and she's going to overlook most of them in her own personal despair. Poor Sarah and Jareth - you torture them so very well!

You've made me so very sad on Edmund's behalf. He truly cares for Elizabeth, Sarah and Jareth. Poor bodach, you didn't let him catch a break either. Things are really heating up now - we have true Regency angst happening. Yay! ::dances merrily::
Dragen Eyez chapter 8 . 5/19/2013
It's not quite a cliffhanger, but I'm sitting here going "what next?!" When Jareth left the scene I went "oh no. the chapter's gonna end isn't it?" And then it did, and I was sad.

This story seems full of more and more intrigue. Sarah thinks she's got the hang of things but I very much doubt she has any real idea.
Kyndsie chapter 8 . 5/19/2013
Ha! You say "no cliffhanger this time" but really? Leaving us with the departure of Cryptic!Jareth and overwhelmed & weeping Sarah is certainly leaving us in need of more!

You surprised me (between last chapter and this one) with having the ensemble appear in the Labyrinth itself. Well done!

And I also hope that Elizabeth's mother is okay... perhaps Sarah will be able to help cure her?

I'm also really hoping that Locksley (btw, the name makes me happy because of Robin Hood lore) and/or Luella can explain to Sarah about Halsey's character in a way that she'll understand. After all, if our heroine doesn't learn that she has been wrong in her perceptions, where will we be?
Melissa72 chapter 7 . 5/17/2013
Hmmm...who do I see when I think of Locksley? Bradley Cooper-charming, shallow, nice on the eyes
Halsey? JJ Field
Luella? Samantha Morton (Harriet Smith in Emma)
Elizabeth? Any of the actresses who have played Jane Bennett in Pride & Prejudice

Miss Jareth...Miss their interactions. Sounds like I'm not the only one (Sarah me thinks?). Am anxious to learn about the Fae dreams and how they work. Can Sarah speak to nobody about them and what is happening with the Kingstons? "Willful ignorance" Jareth accused her of...how is she supposed to learn the truth? And what is going on with Halsey? One thing I have come up with...Jareth kissing Sarah on the wrist "marked" her somehow, right?

Glad your mom forced you to keep on with this fic. It's a hit! God bless
sam chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS STORY! you're amazing. i'm basically dying waiting to find out what's next.
Jane Owen chapter 7 . 5/15/2013
I absolutely LOVE you mother. She should really come to visit more often! Sorry it took so long to review this, but I had to go back and start over from the beginning (because I wanted to prolong the experience of this awesomeness). This story is just so full of hidden subtext and wonderfulness, I could read it over and over again. And over again.

I have a huge crush on Hugh Jackman, which is probably why I don't picture him as Edmund Locksley...because I'm supposed to have a crush on Jareth in this story, not his friend! ;-) In my mind I picture Edmund Locksley as more like Tom Hiddleson (you and your Loki! :-P ) than Hugh...I can definitely see that. Luella in my mind is like Claire Holt. Elizabeth looks like Jane from the Keira Knightly version of P&P (Rosamund Pike) because I always felt she looked the most like Jane of all the movies and because Elizabeth is Jane in my mind. I can't think of an actor that fits Halsey, but I have a very clear picture of him. I just can't think of anyone who pulls of an evil "good" guy just right in my mind.

As for this chapter. Cliffy? Really? And yes, I need more Jareth/Sarah interaction. I'm surprised that Sarah took the bait to go see what he's up to and definitely surprised Elizabeth went along, but then she seems like a follower and Sarah could never resist a good challenge. I can't wait to see what happens next! Hurry up beta! :-D
FarGreenCountrySwiftSunrise chapter 7 . 5/14/2013
I support your endeavor for it to be a slow burn type romance.

I personally am good with with Mr. Jackman or Mr. Hiddleston. *swoon*

I am really enjoying this story. Thank you for writing it.
arynwy chapter 7 . 5/14/2013
Oh, yay, this is back! *twirls*

Hasley? Keanu Reeves. Bad Hasley, so jealous of his brother that he is willing to make trouble where it shouldn't exist. Whatever will Jareth do to him? I'm almost certain that this bodes ill in some manner for poor, confused Sarah as well. I just hope that Edmund will manage to mitigate circumstances a bit. *bites non-existent nails*
Kayka chapter 7 . 5/14/2013
First of all, you'll have to pardon me while I flail in delight because finding that you updated made my day.

Second of all, Locksley's limmericks made my week.

And finally, DUN DUN DUN DRAMATIC REVERB.

This story never fails to make me smile. And slow burn is the best., in my opinion.

I'm probably a bit weird because while I vividly picture characters, they usually don't look like any actual actors. But now I want to see if I can think of any that are close-ish to what I picture.

For Locksley, I think Aiden Turner, maybe. (Though I can totally picture Hiddles too. And Hugh Jackman.)

Luella- Emilia Clarke.

Elizabeth... is difficult. Possibly, Carey Mulligan.

And Halsey is probably the only one I already pictured as an actor- a young, circa early 70's, Rutger Hauer.
Morefindiel chapter 7 . 5/13/2013
So I finally got around to reading this (it was on a waitlist) and now I am HOOKED. And I love your mother for insisting that you continue.
...Also, the fact that you picture Locksley as a dark-haired Tom Hiddleston makes both you and the character dearer to my heart.
Autumn O'Shea Swan chapter 7 . 5/13/2013
Oh I definitely see Tom Hiddleston. Not that I'm attracted to him at all. But knowing him as Loki, I can totally see him as Locksley. For Elizabeth I see an older Shirley Temple. Luella, Scarlett Johansson, especially as Mary in The Other Boleyn Girl. Halsey is somewhat difficult to pinpoint, but Alex Pettyfer comes to mind. Can't wait to see what mayhem is coming!
Honoria Granger chapter 7 . 5/13/2013
Tell your dear mother we owe her all gratitude for getting you back to the story. It is delightful!
Kypriothe chapter 7 . 5/13/2013
ASDFGHJKL THERE ARE NO WORDS FOR THIS PERFECTION
seriously all the UST between Sarah and Jareth is making me cackle in delight, They're so perfect omg.
also HIDDLES YES!
Elizabeth reminds me almost exclusively of Jane from the more modern P&P...
Maybe Arwen/Liv Tyler for Luella? She's been an elf already, haha, though I can't see Arwen blond...
Haha, maybe Orlando Bloom for Halsey? He was evil and charming in The Three Musketeers, though he looks nothing like Jareth. My knowledge of actors/actresses is slim, forgive me!
Regardless, this story is peerless - please, please listen to your mum and keep writing!
Kypriothe chapter 4 . 5/13/2013