Reviews for The Center Cannot Hold
perfectvelvet chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
That was poetic and beautiful. Great lines. Thank you very much for sharing. Keep shipping and writing!
definitelywalkerbait chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
Ugh... I just love these two! They say everything without saying anything at all! And they know each other so well... The fact that he is proud of her makes me happy :)
This story was amazing :)
Thanks for sharing, honestly!
chrisfaithalin chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
Carol always understands Daryl, even when he doesn't understand himself. I really liked this, it was sweet and I liked the imagery you used.
rilakkumacafe chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
this is very good! ) Thank you for posting such a great fanfic. xoxo
itsi3 chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
I like that he still couldn't talk :)
Very nicely done!... Umm, I'm also glad you never told us who Maggie is crying over...
luckywynner86 chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
Argh, just want to hug them both!
The Readers Muse chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Love it, I am so done with you. My emotions! And the ending! *swoon*
witnesstoitall chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
This is the most believable and realistic caryl moment that I think I've ever read. I loved the shifting POV and thought that you did a very good job staying true to both of their characterizations. The hug, when they finally found each other - my heart nearly leapt out of my chest.

Keep up the good work!
crystal2817 chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Loving it so much
LindsaylovesPacey chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
I loved the intense excitement of this fic. I'm not a Caryl fan, but this was good...ok, a little more than good. It kinda makes me wanna be a Caryl fan, lol. Great job, Mel!
what evil lurks chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Love the touch with the knife and Daryl teaching her to use it.
rlmn chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Excellent short piece. You have filled it with so much emotion.
Daryl Ann chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
This is perfect. They are perfect. :o)DA
Gone Random chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Thank you for posting this! Having it all together lets me fully appreciate it and gather a couple of thoughts...

I absolutely loved this: "Lord knows it's a temporary comfort at best, like he's nine years old all over again, hearing those sirens in the distance. He'd run along that dirt road for nothing, run as hard and as fast as he could only to find his world burnt to shit. Used to wish that maybe he'd taken his time." His comparing his anxiety about losing Carol to the memory of losing his mother broke me. Just beautiful. So sad that he's afraid to hope because he's never been able to hang on to anything good in his life.

His list of things that could hurt Carol also really resonated with me: "Bullets. Walkers. Him." He sees her fear and doubt and doesn't have the words to reassure her. I loved the little internal confessions-that he's had feelings for her for some time, probably, but held back. Would probably have always held back if she hadn't been brave enough for both of them.

And he wants one more chance to tell her... and then doesn't. But Carol does understand and I think their reunion spoke volumes. You really kept Daryl in character, while moving his relationship with Carol forward.

And finally, I must speak about how lovely and STRONG Carol is. Because I love her so much. Not only does she swallow her fear and physically declares her feelings for Daryl, but she fights and survives a battle, and then immediately turns away from her own sorrow to start taking care of everyone else. Again, so true to her character. I loved this: "Sometimes it seems like she'd spent the whole of another lifetime being afraid and she didn't want to spend whatever's left of this one the same way. " Hooray Carol and this new found well of strength she has found to draw from. She's my favorite survivor and this is why.

You write beautifully! You expressed so much with just a few words. You chose them perfectly. Big impact on me today. Thanks!
Ravenesque2 chapter 1 . 3/23/2013