Reviews for Right Here Waiting
jmarie chapter 6 . 8/5/2014
Loving this story! Please update ASAP! I'm hooked!
Nikki.P2 chapter 6 . 7/11/2014
Oh PLEASE don't abandon this one!

I LOVE what you seem to have planned out.
I think I have a better idea of the timeline. It is totally cool to have an AU story! But a few more details would make it easier to follow. (Ie. When exactly did Dom save Letty's life? It would make more sense if we knew that...).

I totally agree that Letty doesn't have to stop loving Dom, but I believe that she no longer trusts him *with her heart*. She may still trust him to help her with Shaw though but just not accept him back into her life as a lover...

I think you'd have way less Dom-hate if you put in more details from Dom's POV (ie; him pining over his lost love, him getting revenge on Fenix for "killing" Letty only to find that it doesn't fix his own broken heart, show Dom having nightmares about losing Letty and being unable to really move on with Elena, show him regretting his decision to leave). All of that would help the readers see that Dom really *did* love Letty and that he knows he made a mistake in leaving her! Right now, there is very little of Dom in your story and its not her clear that he is sorry he left her. It's mostly about Letty (and her incredible hurt) so naturally everyone is hating on Dom. (That's actually a sign that you are a great writer because you have all of us hating Dom on Letty's behalf! :-). Seriously, think about it!

I think if we saw and heard more sorrow from Dom, less anger, more joy that she is actually alive, less defensiveness from him and more regret that we'd all LOVE Dom! I think it is probably coming...if you don't abandon this awesome story!

I can't wait to hear Dom's response to finding out that Letty was pregnant (!) when he left her! Aargh! The inner turmoil, the blaming himself...! The fact that he left her to go through that alone! The concern about how she did alone...!

Ps: showing a flashback of Dom saving Letty's life (both from his POV and hers) will also go a long way to fixing the Dom hating...! :-)

I love that you say she is hurt and thy have a long way to go until they are in a good place...I LOVE coming along for the slow angsty ride to a happy ending ! It's my absolute favorite type of fic!

Please please show us DOM's side of things!
"He knows everything was his fault. He wants her to live her life without worrying about getting caught." I think we need to hear Dom thinking it is all his fault and we (and Letty) need to hear him say that to Letty. Right now Dom more or less says that he knows Letty loves him and that he loves her. I just wish he would say, right to her face, "I love you, Letty!" And "Even though I made a terrible mistake in leaving you, I hope you still love me enough to forgive me. I am sorry".

Sigh! :-)

I can't wait to read Dom's side of this story!

:-) please don't abandon!

Nikki
Nikki.P2 chapter 5 . 7/11/2014
Lol! Leon as the voice of reason, the responsible adult is refreshing! Totally like an older brother scolding his sister!

But this part here just tore my heart up:

THAT is the emotion we were feeling back in chapter 1! THAT is why Letty can't trust Dom now... And how *could* Dom have left her the way he did (after promising to stay with her) when he knew about Letty's childhood?! It is almost impossible to believe he would do that to her! I am so angry with Dom here!

And you continue with this heart wrenching bit by Letty:
"I watched his back as he left. He didn't even spare a second glance. It was like I was living the past all over again, seeing my dad walk out my front door. The worst part of it was waking up the next morning finding that damn money on the night stand. It was like he was saying "thank you for all the years of service but fuck off". It was like I was some cheap whore."

Holy crap! Dom made her feel like he didn't care, like be didn't love her. I *really* hope that Dom is forced to hear these words from Letty, has to listen and understand *exactly* how he made her feel when he left. It should give him a tiny inking of what he is up against if he ever wants to earn her back!

Ooh I look forward to watching Dom work his ass off to try to win Letty back after what he put her through. He should *start* with a heartfelt "I love you! I never stopped loving you. Not one minute!". He should continue by telling her honestly what he felt like when he thought she was dead (like his soul was cut in two, like he would never be happy again, and also make it clear that he NEVER loved Elena the way he loved Letty!). He should also continue by actually apologizing for leaving her behind, with no note , no explanation, no contact for months, especially now that he knows she was pregnant at the time! He should tell her that he regretted it every single day. He should tell her that he took her for granted and that he has learned from "losing" her and that he will never ever be so stupid as to leave her again...that he is not going to waste their second chance together!

Maybe then, after he works at it for a while, he can slowly win Letty back, but I think her heart and her trust have been broken a lot by his betrayal and it will take time and perseverance on his part ...

I look forward to watching you write it! You have a great way of painting emotions through dialog! :-)

Nikki
Nikki.P2 chapter 4 . 7/11/2014
Aha! Ok. So I assumed that Letty must have been pregnant. I assume THAT's what Owen is holding over her head...

I totally think it was stupid for Letty to do something so dangerous when she was pregnant. An easier thing would have been to let Mia know she was pregnant and Mia would tell Dom Who would come Home. I can't see
Dom (the family man that he is supposed to be) just walking out in his pregnant girlfriend as unborn child...right?!

But I LOVE you for being Leon back! I totally wish he had stayed in he franchise! I love the idea of Vince and Leon acting like Letty's surrogate brothers and love how Leon immediately takes Letty in, no questions asked even after all that time! :-)

LOVE where this is going!

Nikki.P2 chapter 3 . 7/11/2014
I'm glad you had Dom wait a couple days alone waiting for Letty to show up! But you don't have to rush a reconciliation between Letty and Dom. Where are all the hurt feelings from chapter 1? I can't see Letty getting over her heart rending hurt in a couple of days to "throw herself" into Dom's arms. (And he still hasn't actually said that he's sorry for leaving her!).

Please explain a little more about the timeline! I assumed chapter 1 was after Letty shot Dom (?unclear when she got her memories back) but in this chapter the FLASHBACK says that Dom has already saved Letty on the bridge.

"This was the third time since the incident on the bridge, where Dom saved her, that Jah had gone into a secret meeting with Owen."

So... Was chapter one AFTER Dom saved Letty on the bridge? And if so, why did Letty go back to Owen? And how on earth did Owen *plan* for Dom to save Letty? And of Dom DID save Letty... Wouldn't that make her trust him more (Owen seems to think Letty still doesn't have her memories but even if she didn't I think she'd be inclined to trust a man who just risked his life to save her...).

And Letty tells Dom that "The time after I was in Panama looking for you up until I met Owen is nothing but fog in my brain. "

When was Letty in panama? And if she has no memory of those events, does she even remember how she felt after Dom left her?!

So many questions! I am loving how this is unfolding! :-)

Hopefully you will explain more as the story unfolds!

Nikki.P2 chapter 2 . 7/11/2014
Oh! Love that you have a flashback with Vince! I always liked the idea of Vince and Letty being like a surrogate brother/sister pair - even more important in this story since Letty has no family left...

Love how Vince is protective of her! ;-)
"After Letty told Vince of the events in the DR he couldnt help but feel angry. Dom was always pulling shit like this. He honestly thought after the last heist in LA Dom would be smarter this time around. Obviously he was wrong."

Yep! Dom made a dumb ass decision to leave Letty! ;-)

I love Letty's determination at the end. Good to see her as a strong woman!

:-) Nikki

Ps. Nice touch with showing that Mia was on Dom's side when he left Letty in the DR. It helps explain why in chapter 1 Letty is so leary of Mia... Probably she has lingering feelings of anger and betrayal about Mia helping Dom "hide" from her.

I love how you put these little fine points into the story. The details really make it awesome to read! Well done!
Nikki.P2 chapter 1 . 7/11/2014
Love this story! Hope you continue to write it! It's like you are in my MIND with how you write Letty! :-)

Letty's backstory is even more tragic here (parents, brother, etc) it makes it all the more traumatic for her when Dom leaves her in the DR!

Dom's insight Into how Letty has changed was so well written! It's almost like he is desperate for her to see the good in him because he doesn't believe he has any good in him without her! So beautifully written! I wish her articulate those thoughts more-make it clear that he feels like less when he is not with Letty!

Dom recognizes that Letty is broken by looking in her eyes. I am wanting to see Dom realizing that HE is the reason she is broken! Please! He still seems a bit clueless. He is completely focused on his own pain but doesn't seem to be able to acknowledge that him leaving her after promising to stay was probably the worst betrayal she's ever had in her life. . .

And kudos for writing Letty in righteous anger! Dom really deserves to have to hear her words (something we never got in the movie because Letty had no memory)! I loved it! And excllent points Letty makes about Dom moving on after her "death" and Vince's death!

Dom doesn't even offer her an apology or any regret for leaving her! He just says that he was wrong to underestimate her! (I think that the bigger issue is that he underestimates how much he hurt her!) And he justifies himself as doing the right thing! He needs to give her an answer as to why it wasn't safe for him to be with her, but it is somehow safe for him to be with Elena...!

I LOVE. THIS. STORY! :-)
-Nikki

Ps. Dom needs to understand that the thing he did that was most wrong was not leaving Letty but rather *promising to stay* and THEN leaving her! He completely broke any trust she had in him (something that with her backstory was probably hard to earn in the first place). Sigh. He can't expect her to just trust him now because he says he loves her, right? He said he loved her right before he ripped her heart to shreds by abandoning her!

"She would not willingly let him see her vulnerable again, especially after that night in the DR when she broke down her walls one final time for her man. " poor Letty! I totally feel her agony here!

And the second worst thing he did was leaving her because it was dangerous and then making a life with Elena (like it was suddenly not too dangerous to be with a new woman).

"Funny how it was too dangerous to be with me, but it's not dangerous to be with that skank every chance you get….. ". Again-I feel Letty's anger and hurt (and betrayal of their love!)

"He knew he was leading Elena on. He could never love her like he loved Letty, but their relationship was more than sex." Dom should really make that clear to Letty instead of getting pissed at her and defending Elena! It just makes it seem like he's into Elena!

You use your words so well to describe Letty's anger and her pain! Please explore Som's emotions more too!

:-)
Guest chapter 6 . 2/26/2014
Aw! I saw the new post and got soo excited! Still I am glad you are still working on this. hope to see the next chapter soon! Great fic!
Guest chapter 6 . 2/26/2014
Ooh! I am so excited to see what you write next! Thank you for clarifying the storyline a bit. It WAS hard to tell what you were and weren't using from the movies.

So Dkm left Letty in Mexico (?after the first movie?), she tried to get him back ( similar to the later movies), while she was pregnant (so soon after Dom left her), almost gets killed by fenix and LATER suffers some sort of memory loss that we as of yet know nothing about. But then gets some of her memory back. Whew! Can't wait for more!

Ps-I hope we get to hear more of the story if how he saved her (Implied in chapter 1).!

Letty does have memory loss. She only remembers everything that happened before the Fenix accident including the accident and therefore being pregnant.
-She must be able to remember something's because she knew enough to be keeping tabs on Dom and Mia.

I completely agree 100% about Letty not taking Dom back right away. THANK YOU!
However, there is another part of her life that hasn't been uncovered yet. This is what has made her cold as stone (as you saw in the first chapter).

I just haven't gotten to it. Essentially, Letty thought she could trust Owen (you'll find out why later) so when she overheard the whole conversation he had with Jah, she realizes that she can't trust him.
AARGH! LETTY IS BETRAYED BY EVERYONE SHE TRUSTS! DONT KNOW HOW DOM WILL RARN BER TRUST BACK.

She needs to get out of Owen's crew. Therefore she is willing to ask Dom for help. She may not trust him as much but she knows for a fact that if she has to choose, her best choice is Dom. He can be trusted over Owen. Think about it, she loved this man for how many years? Just because they have issues doesn't mean she stopped loving him.

-I totally agree that she still loves him. That's not the issue. She can love him and still not be able or willing to trust him, to let him back in her life after he hurt her so deeply! After all, he left her when he loved her. He was not willing to try to make a life with her even though he moved her. I am not sure she would be willing to do so with him despite moving him.

When it comes to Dom, yeah he is angry.
-ok. He can be a little angry, but I would expect his overwhelming joy and relief that she is alive to be way stronger! We don't (yet) see that. Or any real contrition on his part. It's almost like he brushes her hurt aside and says, hey but we both love each other so it should all be ok! It's not ok and it won't be for a long time.

Since she hasn't lost her memory (he didn't know anything that has happened since being dead, obviously, so of course he doesn't know the gaps in her memory) he doesn't understand how Letty could go on living life while her family believes she's dead.
-and Letty doesn't understand how he could choose to love a life without her (when he left) or make a life on the run (with Elena) when he wouldn't with her. :-(

He thought he was protecting her. It is implied he left her before in Mexico (according to Los Bandoleros) so he didn't have a reason to believe this was going to hurt her as much as it actually did. In fact, because he knows about Letty's past this gave him an even bigger reason to leave because he thought he was no good for her being a walking target.
- I see your point here, but frankly I don't agree. People who are repeatedly abandoned are not afraid of being physically hurt but of being left on their own. PLUS the fact that he left after PROMISING to stay is almost unforgivable!

He loves her too much than to have her suffer in prison for his actions.
- then he should have manned up and told her that instead of promising to stay and then leaving her in the middle of the night.

He knows everything was his fault.
- I'm glad you say he knows it's his fault because we (the readers) havent seen that he knows and he sure as hell hasn't told that to Letty. She's not a mind reader. To me it seems like he just wants to move last it all without dealing.

He wants her to live her life without worrying about getting caught.
- does her choice or opinion ever factor in to his decisions? How disrespectful of the woman who stood by him through thick and thin to just make the decision for her.

In Letty's mind, a lot of it has to do with the fact she was pregnant. Not only did he leave her but he left their child. But he was also devastated because of leaving her.
- PLEASE show us him being devastated by losing her! I want all the gory details of his suffering because of what he lost! We don't yet see this...just his anger and smug attitude of "hey I love you, get over it".

She wasn't the only one that was hurt.
- show us!

As the story progresses we will see how they both have changed and grown. There are too many emotions right now for them to work through.
- want to see their emotions! Not just Letty's but Dom's too!
Seeing each other after so long, their first reaction is going to be anger because what they're feeling is betrayal. They're both conflicted.

As for all the hate on Dom, they both did things that were wrong.
- we haven't yet seen enough of Letty's "wrong" mistakes, but we know Dom did wrong. That's why (right now) there is all the hate. Give us a Dom that's a real man, who owns up to his mistakes, who apologizes for them, who has learned from them not to repeat them!
HE started this all and HE should be the one to take the first steps toward reconciliation.
In my mind the biggest question is not whether Letty loves Dom or Dom loves Letty but whether Letty will ever be able to move past they betrayal to ever trust him again. To even be willing to work on a relationship. She have him so much and he threw it away. Who is to say that she has the energy to try for him anymore. (He could have to deal with that. )

I just don't want it so lopsided, where Letty has suffered way more than Dom, that she is the one who is broken. Why is he never broken?

I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL YOU POST A NEW CHAPTER! if anything I am sack ring it more now that you have us a little more explanation! :-)
Trini chapter 1 . 2/26/2014
Wow! Fantastic story! Just fundit when you updated.

I love it so much I can't find a favorite part. Letty thinking about how she still loves Dom even though he's moved on; her hurt that while he couldn't (wouldn't) make a life with her that he can with this cop; her many losses over and over in her life and them to have Dom leave her like he did-the sense of hurt and betrayal-you do an amazing job of letting us feel it! They at you set it yo we see why it is so unforgivable for him to have left her life he did. I feel her struggle to never let him hurt her again-I hope you make him work for any love or trust he ever gets back from her. She has so little reason to trust him. It is clear that she let him in more than anyone in her life and he betrayed her.

I LOVE that she doesn't melt in his arms but rather rips him a new one about his "love" for her. Te love that had him promising to stay with her and then abandoning her; the love that was (apparently) so easily replace with Elena. She deserves to be able to be angry at him, to call him the coward he is, to not believe his words to her.

And Dom: the fact that you have him say the line about not turning your back on family -even when they do with a straight face was incredible! Can he not see what he did to her? Does he not get it?
He didn't love her enough to stay with her, to try for her. Isn't that what she's supposed to believe? How dare he be bitter towards her!

And then dom says "you still love me like I love you". Maybe-but he loved her before snd he still abandoned her. It takes more than love for a relationship to work. And him just showing up and expecting it all to be ok-shouldn't happen!

And yes, Dom, she CAN be angry about Elena. Not necessarily because he moved on thinking she was dead but because he was willing to make alive with her when he wasn't willing to do the same with Letty. Wow! Fantastic stuff. I feel like I was there!

Minor point: I think Dom's touch should bring up mixed emotions in Letty. Se may revel in it one second but then remember how he made love to her and left the next second.

And then we have Letty still trying to protect Dom and Mia. Ironic no?

And I love that you remind us that Mia lost Letty too ... So poignant.

Can't wait to read the rest. I hope you make Dom work for it with a letty. He hasn't apologized to her yet. The closest he comes is saying that he underestimated her. Not good enough! If he isn't sorry for leaving her before (if he doesnt understand that it was wrong) then he will leave her again in the future if he thinks he's protecting her... Unless he shows he has changed, she shouldn't trust him!
Guest chapter 5 . 2/19/2014
My computer had some glitch whole I was reviewing this so if this review pops up twice-sorry!

This was another great chapter! Love Leon! And the two paragraphs below (pasted from your story) were amazing! Letty really shows how much Dom hurt her and why. I do think that Leon lets Dom off the hook too easily though. His actions were way more than a mistake. Leon says that dom never purposely hurt letty. I disagree. I don't think there is any way that Dom didn't know that his actions (promising to stay and then leaving her) would hurt letty in the worst way possible. Being together with her for years (!) he would know how hurt she was by all the people who left her. You are not going to convince me (with the backstory you have letty here) that Dom didn't know. And that makes this way more than an mistake. That makes him at best and idiot and at worst someone who didn't care enough about the woman he loved to either a) man up and tell her that he was leaving and not lie to her or b) man up and be willing to make a life with her after she's shown him that she has stuck with him through so much.
I can't wait for Dom's response to being a dad. And I hope he is frustrated that he missed out in his child life due to his stupid actions. You haven't written anything from Dom's point of view, so we have no insight into his thoughts other than his dialog which is utterly devoid of "I'm sorry", "I was wrong to leave you letty", "I suffered so much when I thought you were dead, letty", "I realize how much I hurt you" or "I have changed and am not the man who hurt you so much before, please give me a chance to show you".
We need to see into Dom either by his POV or preferentially through his words because that's how letty will know!

At this point, he's still dating Elena! So much for supposedly loving letty, huh?

Also-I'd love it if someone (you?!) would write it so that Letty can't stand Dom's touch initially because when he touches her all she can remember is the pain be caused by leaving her. I am tired of all the stories where she's angry (appropriately angry) and Dom huge or kisses her and she just melts. She probably has some real abandonment issues caused by him and HE shoe have to work to get back into her food graces. Please! Keep writing this one. It has the potential to (continue to) be a fantastic piece! :-)

"What's wrong with me?! Why does everyone I love leave me?! What did I do to deserve this, Leon?! I loved him and he knew what walking out on me would do to me. He knows how hard it's been to trust when all I've ever seen is the back of everyone I've ever loved, as they walked out of my life." Letty braced herself for what she was about to say next. "Leon, I watched his back as he left. He didn't even spare a second glance. It was like I was living the past all over again, seeing my dad walk out my front door. The worst part of it was waking up the next morning finding that damn money on the night stand. It was like he was saying "thank you for all the years of service but fuck off". It was like I was some cheap whore." Letty was tired of being strong all the time. She hadn't cried the next day after Dom left. In fact, she hadn't shed a single tear for him until now. It was just too much and she needed to let go.

Leon swiftly went over to Letty needing to comfort her. "Nothing is wrong with you, baby girl. Don't ever think that for one second. Dom's intentions were honorable, he just went about it the wrong way. You and I both know he didn't want to hurt you, especially that way. You know he would never purposely hurt you. He loves you too damn much for that shit. He just made a mistake Let. As for your dad, he was an idiot for even thinking about leaving you. You're an amazing woman, mama, and that baby sure as hell is lucky to have you." Leon kissed Letty on the cheek and a small smile graced her lips. She was the lucky one. "Come sit down. All this stress surely can't be good for the baby."
Guest chapter 5 . 2/19/2014
This continues to be an amazing story! These two paragraphs below were perfection, except that Leon is too easy on Dom. It was way more than a mistake. He's an idiot to not have known how much this would hurt letty. There is *no* way, after being with her so long, knowing her history of people leaving her, that Dom would not know how incredibly hurtful his actions would be. And if he knew, then that makes him a prime asshole!

I reply hope you continue writing this. I want to see how Dom reacts to having a child. I also want to see him show some genuine emotion and remorse. Stop making Letty this weak character who just lets Dom get away with everything without making him work (hard) to earn her trust and love back! PLEASE!

Guest chapter 4 . 2/19/2014
When letty thinks that Dom will hate her, my first thought was that they can hate each other for what happened. He is far from blameless and him missing out in his child is what he deserves for having abandoned the woman supposedly loves one and pregnant.

I hope he starts showing some remorse because that has been severely lacking in this story.
Guest chapter 3 . 2/19/2014
Aargh! I can't believe you had letty already throwing herself into Doms arms before be apologized for leaving her.

It is a confusing story trying to figure out which parts of the movies you are sticking with.

I mean, didn't Dom jump from a moving car to save letty? Now could Owen and his group have "planned" for that?
And clearly she has much of her memory back since she completely remembers Dom.
But what I can't figure out is how she knew about Elena if she just got her memories about Dom back... HOW?! It doesn't seem consistent with the story if she says that she has a gap in her memory.

You totally breezed over what could have been a great "Dom showing some humility and apologizing for being an ass" moment. And I KNOW you could write a good one given chapter 1. He NEEDS to understand that his unilateral decision to leave her (AFTER promising to stay) was wrong. and she needs to hear that he understands it was wrong. Otherwise she should acknowledge that she loves him but (like he was a few years ago) that she is not willing to work to make a life with him. Dom should suck on that!
Guest chapter 2 . 2/19/2014
I'm assuming this is going to be another "letty was pregnant and now has a child that Owen is using against her" story.

And I am disappointed that you are having her relying on Dom already. Letty shouldn't trust him after what he did. He has not apologized for leaving her. Frankly there is no evidence he thinks that leaving her was wrong. Unless he has changed (and we have no evidence that he has) what's to stop him from leaving her again "to protect her". dom needs to suffer (or at least show that he has matured and actually
Changed since being the guy who abandoned letty after Promising to stay. Otherwise she should not forgive him and definitely should jot get together with him.