Reviews for A Very Digi Parody
Kai chapter 6 . 5/13
Great story. Taiora not happening REALLY was a big fuck you to the fans. It's still a sore spot regarding the fandom. Funny story though.
Nom de Plume chapter 6 . 6/24/2014
I love this. And I love you. For doing this.
I thought I've forgotten most of the Digimon series already but clearly I haven't if your drabbles still managed to lure out the scenes from the dusty corner of my head.
Your implied-and-yet-not-so-implied commentary on where the show went wrong is so on point.
It's even better that you managed to do it in a humorous way while including the characters themselves. If I ever critique any kind of show/movie/what-have-you's, I'd be taken as some stuck-up arse who thinks too much. But funny how things work out when you have to spread comedy-jam over your 2-cents-bread just to get people to listen.

This has to be my favorite chapter by far. The feminism stab got me and that sneaky-I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE- Taimoto banter... priceless.
jippy chapter 6 . 6/27/2013
This was my favourite of the episode parodies you've done. XD OMG. I did feel a little bad for Taichi though, haha.

"Or," responded Sora, who was clearly annoyed by this point, "I can save myself and feminism can happen."

LOL. And the boys' reactions. XD

Special mention to Taichi's rant about the fandom and Sorato being a big fuck you to everything. Gold. XD

I'm definitely looking forward to your next update! :)
jippy chapter 5 . 6/27/2013
Hilarious. I don't know what to say without repeating myself: you make really keen observations of the Chosen and their actions, and target them accurately for insults. XD I laughed the hardest at everything Koushirou said. And your digs at Yamato and Hikari were awesome. :)
jippy chapter 4 . 6/27/2013
So much truth in this chapter, and I'm laughing hard. All the kids splitting up really was so pointless. Oh Yamato, look what you did. :p

"Plus, I have to ruin a potentially amazing Sorato moment."

LOL. Jou is so out of character it's hilarious.
jippy chapter 3 . 6/25/2013
I really laughed out loud at some of these. My bias is showing, but I loved the things Yamato and Sora said the most. XD
jippy chapter 2 . 6/25/2013
LMAO. You definitely caught me off-guard. Ridiculous? Yes. But also freaking hilarious. XD
jippy chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
I think this is the best Digimon parody I've read yet. And I tend not to like parodies much, because most writers think they're funnier than they actually are . . .

But you? You're definitely funny. And I loved that you took digs at EVERYONE.

It's so, so obvious that you actually know what you're talking about; you know the characters and the series. All the references you make and, well, the parodies are really spot on. I loved everything from the Takari blob, to Mimi trying her best to stand next to Yamato since their adventures, to Yamato's random fangirls who exist just to highlight his popularity. All of it.

This was a highly amusing read. Well done. :)
Lee-Jane chapter 6 . 6/11/2013
Rip his balls off.

No seriously though, I've always said this. It's not a Taiora moment because it didn't freaking have to be Sora there, and what if it wasn't Sora, Tai wouldn't have saved her? Also... Sora could have gotten out herself. She's always shown herself as being completely capable.
LILFOC chapter 6 . 6/10/2013
I am laughing so hard! You are a friggin genius!
Digidestined Ninja of Sunshine chapter 6 . 6/9/2013
Another chapter so soon? Sweet! Yama/Tai/Sora rivalry... so hilarious. This chapter makes Sora the best character in Digimon Adventure.
Allynca chapter 6 . 6/9/2013
Another chapter so soon? I admire your commitment! It was wonderful of course. As a feminist, I really, really enjoyed this one. Sora's lines were perfect. The continued Taichi/Yamato rivalry is also highly enjoyable. I did have a few thoughts as I was reading. First, I wasn't sure about the use of "fuck" in the chapter. I have nothing against swearing in writing, but it just seemed strange because I was grounded in that episode (which is very much a kid's show with young kids present) and it seemed a little out of place. Maybe it was just how many times it was used. I can't remember if you've used it before? In any case, it IS a parody and so of course you can break those rules, but I just thought I would share its effect on me. Secondly, I wondered if you shouldn't have ended at Sora streaking out of the building with blood streaming down her arm. The part where she throws, well, Taichi's genitalia down on the ground was too much for me. It went from funny to outright horrifying and gross. Again, these are my only thoughts and other might people might disagree.

In any case, I love what you tackled with this chapter and you handled all the characters wonderfully as always. Can't wait to see what's next!
JuulChii chapter 6 . 6/9/2013
Already told you how much I love this story?
What I learned today: Take everything Sora says serious, or else you end up like Taichi...
Allynca chapter 5 . 6/8/2013
So... I got super excited when I saw that you were doing this episode because it's one of my favourites! And then you started ragging on Hikari and I was sad because she's one of my favourite characters. But then I got to laughing too much to really experience much else because this was too damn funny and accurate. Also, this is a parody and you're supposed to rag on characters so I get it. I loved Yamato's entrance and his whole explanation for being away. And Koushirou's ill-timed "prodigious"? Loved it! I wondered at first if this was too long, because I kept reaching points where I thought it would make a really good ending. You made me nervous by keeping going...but I'm glad that you did because it really worked and you handled it well. The spat of dialogue at the end was a nice touch to bring the pacing to a conclusion. All in all, another great chapter!
Digidestined Ninja of Sunshine chapter 5 . 6/8/2013
HA! Davis/TK, TK/Yolei. Perfect pairings. I love Kari, but at the same time I don't, ya know? Nice twist.