Reviews for Family Ties Part II
ororo chapter 18 . 6/17/2005
wow. ok, so obviously you drag your characters thoughts on and on and on... but well, i forgive you because, you know, THAT WAS A F* BLAST ! great story, incredible original characters, really, congrats. i love the story of seth too, the parralel with spike is shocking in a lot of ways, what with the ability to love, the potential to be a better man, but the demon being a killer/ rapist/ evil bastard, the wicked sense of humor, and the list goes on. i can totally picture william the bloody scourge of europe doing the things seth does, minus the raping because that is really out of character imho, even if btvs writters disagree. now i'm not saying spike wasn't a vicious killer back then but you know, rape sound far fetched... and yeah, i'm digressing. so to sum up in spite of the overwritting, i think i like this series just as much as the dancing lessons one. and just like DL, this fic is a must read for any decent spuffy aholic.
Guest chapter 18 . 6/14/2003
That sucked. I cried. I never cry. Evil you. And I'm going to read the next one and see if I cry on that. God I hope not. ;-)
rashu-sekhmet chapter 18 . 5/2/2003
only two words for it...flipping amazing. I'm off to read the sequel.
rashu-sekhmet chapter 4 . 5/1/2003
I just read Family Ties I and may I say it is superb. I was a bit confused on some bits but it was most likely due to over-reading (and not working like I should). The story was excellent. I'm a little in Part II but I won't be able to finish it till next week. It is so good. The way you write Spike and BUffy together is amazing and the way you write all the characters thoughts and points of view were excellent. I especially love the plot, it is incredibly original and well-written. It's a pity they aren't doing any more Buffy novels. I think this one could have been published big time. I love your "Faith" as well. Man, I can relate how much I love this story. I'll write more reviewage when I'm done. Thankyou for brightening my week.
timeends chapter 1 . 12/30/2002
Yeah, B/S all the way. Great story!
Esther chapter 1 . 12/22/2002
Love the story. Really a great job.

I have a few questions though.

What happened to the other child from the prophecy of Family Ties Part 1, "Within one the blood of the purity tainted, darkness abounds" The Other, conceived in love, the fates rest upon" (Faith?) And why didn't anyone of the scoobies noticed that it was about TWO children?

I can't wait to read more!
kay chapter 18 . 12/9/2002
hey when will you update
jules chapter 18 . 11/17/2002
*clap clap clap** bravo there d! i have so enjoyed your story. i can't believe how you had me going there with buffy. way to twist and turn. i loved the epi. and can't wait until the next series. lots of unanswered questions. going to meet gabriel? how will dawn/em be? something must be up with xander. and how does faith fit into all of this? keep going with the swift chapter updates and i will be patiently awaiting the next installment!
Annastasia chapter 18 . 11/17/2002
Okay, Im trying to process everything so this review comes out sounding like I want it to.

Chapter 17: You really had me there for a moment(actually you had me, than you didnt, than you had me again). That's the loop you put me on in this chapter. From paragraph to paragraph I couldn't help but fall victim to the fact that Buffy might actually be dead, and than my mind would start debating with that fact. I started thinking...okay "how can Buffy die and Faith still exist?" or "Shouldn't Dawn be able to do something with her powers?" you get the gist.

WOW! Powerful moment between Spike and Buffy throughout this whole chapter. But, I loved that you managed to shed some light onto it with Buffy's humor about 'feeling like she got staked'.

Im going to tell you right now that I know, I KNOW, Xander is going to join the dark forces. I bet everything that I own on it. And I wonder how misleading are you trying to be with the 'death coming by the name of Angel'. Are you really going to provide us with something so foretelling?

Somehow I dont think so...I could be wrong, cause I always have a tendency to be wrong when it comes to what direction you may be going.

One more thing...I MISS Seth! Yes I do. I cannot live another chapter without his existence. I am definitely under his thrall.

One more more thing, I cannot help but wonder how things are going to change now because of what Emerald/Dawn has done. Erasing Seth's horrid wrong doings has to have some affect on the present and future, right? Guess I'll have to wait to find out.

You know I have this thing where I watch shows or movies and aftewards if the movie was really good I wish I could live a day in the writers/directors shoes, or I wish I could crawl inside their heads just to see what goes through their minds and also so I can understand how they are able to create such beautiful pieces of work. Well, I can honestly say(without sounding like an idiot)that I really wish I could crawl inside that mind of yours and see how its works. I am in complete awe right now after reading this chapter( and this whole series) over the talent you possess.
Night Nymph chapter 18 . 11/15/2002
Wow, awesome story as usual, Darryl. I still can't decide if I'll miss Seth or if I'm glad he's gone - that's a statement to what a complex and interesting character he is.

I'll be looking forward to the sequel. Two to three weeks can't come soon enough. And we get to meet Gabriel? Goody.
mszdatu chapter 18 . 11/15/2002
W~O~A~H! Dat was some ill shit right there. Very foreshadowing piece in dat epilogue. You said Angel, ANGEL'S in da next story? and another 'WOAH', lol. Can't wait to meet Gabriel, will Dawn remember him? I'm not too clear on what she remembers and stuff, I mean is she a mature ageless being, or a mindless teenage drone? It would be funny if she started quoting some philosophical bull, then went out in a 'OMIGOD I love Incubus!' or something of that nature.

Anyway, Buffy's in a coma? And she's waking up wit just enough time for 'Death' to start rollin in?

Dagg, that's so dramatic!

I love your story and I can't wait till the next installment!

Raven

ps. Wicked Title

pps. I hate Xander (cuz he's such a fat prat) LoL,

Peace
Mrs Muir chapter 18 . 11/15/2002
You have such a way of giving us hope then scaring us. I'm glad that Tara is alive even though you tried to make us think otherwise. And that Buffy is coming back. Poor Faith has so much to face but as long as Daddy is there she will be all right. Their future is looking pretty scary but hopefully they will be able to work together to defeat it.
Josephine Martin chapter 18 . 11/15/2002
Oh, that's cheating!

Excellent end to a good story. Why am I not surprised it's also the prologue to the next part?
ennui deMorte chapter 18 . 11/15/2002
excellent epilogue! can't wait for the next story! this is an excellent story!
suzy chapter 17 . 11/15/2002
Umm, wow. That was so sad, just heartwrenching. Glad to see there will be an epilogue and another sequel. That means Buffy will be back somehow, right? Can't wait to see where you go with this. And will Faith go back to the future, or will she stay in the present with the gang? How will their actions change what eventually happens with Gabriel and Emerald?