Reviews for The Humanity of Red
Prerana P. Sarma chapter 1 . 6/14/2014
Babebabebabe, that was amazing! I love the emotion you put behind each though of Malfoy's, providing a mirror into a mind that seemed to have no reflection. (Clever of me, eh? ;)) I freaking adore how you describe things; you leave me spellbound with each new word. Here is what popped out at me:
1. 'The red smile across her leg' or something like that. DAMN, GIRL. That is so freaking creative and twisted and beautiful all in one.
2. 'The Boy that Nearly Lived'- holy shit, that is so creepy and saddening, but very clever. That makes me so sad, though; it's hard to adjust to Harry's death. :'(
3. "You bloody wanker"- I LOL'ed. Oh, Ron. Oh, Sienna.
4. 'Perhaps only in death are they distinguishable'. Geezus, that is so heartbreaking. I may have sniffled at that line.
5. 'Too much for one person'-agreed. Love the way you worded that.
6. 'Popped out a pair'- haha, the image that brings is so disgusting! :D
7. 'Turns my breath to ghosts'. Wow. That gave me a coupla chills. That is SO clever.
Anyway, girlfrand, I know you wrote this a hellsa long time ago, so this is really late, but somehow I skipped this before, so yeah! As usual with your writing, I am obsessed.
Btw...I think you owe me a medal saying "Best Person in the World." Sorry, I can't bag the universal award, I don't got a fanfiction. :/
dayflow chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
wow, wonderful descriptions and beautiful words. and it's in character! love it. :-)
bravenclawesome chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
I never thought about this, but wouldn't it have been real amazing if Harry Potter had actually died? This was a very realistic, powerfully emotional story, and Draco's thoughts could
not have been more in character. I normally don't like reading first person for complicated characters like him or Snape, but from this you really showed his personality and the pain he felt. I normally like to pick out well-written quotes from your story, but when I was done, I was overwhelmed. There were too many wonderful lines to choose from, and the level of emotion you put into those descriptions was astounding. I love the imagery, how he felt for every moment that passed, and the way you manipulated words to get your message across. Just saying though - Scorpius' actual middle name is Hyperion according to JKR, and it would have been more fitting if Draco had laid a lily on the grave. I think it was very clever of you not to mention who Ginny was married to, and I thank you for that. You had Draco's voice in the bag, and I look forward to reading your other works!
NeverMessWithTeddyBears chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
I love this piece. Continue on writing!

-Katarina
AyaMae91 chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
I'm not normally a fan of Harry dying, but I liked this nonetheless. I have always loved Draco's character and you wrote his thoughts so beautifully in this. I love when I come across stories that are this well written. :)
S. Ravenquill chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
I must say that this is a beautiful piece. As beautiful as it is tragic. I shed a tear for the lost souls. Their pain is so sharp and cold it's shocking, but at the same time alluring. So dark and empty, but at the same time a budding green sprout of hope. The balance of light and dark, hope and despair in this piece is perfect and left me wondering whether to cry or smile, maybe both at once.
The thing I love about this is that it's just so real. As if the characters could walk right off the page and into reality, because they belong there. It was layers upon layers of images describing images describing images, so that you could get lost just thinking about all the implications of every sentence. It was past and present and future all rolled into a single moment of clarity and reason.
And Draco. You really understand the appearances that drive him, and dig into the realization that none of it really mattered. It was all smoke and mirrors, because in the end everyone hurts and hopes the same. Everyone is human.
Thank you for a wonderful story- more than a story, a life.