Reviews for Ransom
Catlet chapter 12 . 11/17/2020
I don't typically review on anything, but I felt the need to do so on this fic.

Wow.

That's honestly all I have to say. What a phenomenal work! You are on a pedestal of your own in my eyes, this piece is absolutely amazing and deserves so much praise. Thank you so much for sharing it!
sailor68 chapter 12 . 10/7/2020
What a wonderful story! I love the Haradrin characters!
Guest chapter 12 . 7/2/2019
HOLY LORD THIS IS SO GOOD

I usually don't care for OC or First POV but youve nailed it so well I was entranced! Thank you for putting so much effort into this story as you did. Once im finally active again, youre definitely going into the favs 3
LaurelinL.S.E chapter 12 . 1/16/2019
Dear MP brennan,

Foutnatly i stumbled over this Story- and what can i day? It caught me.
Couldn‘t stop reading thill the end!
Amazing seems not fitting yet.
Awsome? Too is not right to my ears.
But it made me ,nachdenklich, aufgewühlt und ruhelos‘.

As you see i‘m not english or american or from an other country where english is spoken, so please forgive me writhing mistakes.

The way you draw Aragorns character surprised me, because it fits exactly to my imaginations. Of cause I love the fluffy storys about him too, and in the ende of your story I became a bit frithened. But that‘s what a king must act like, isn‘t it?
Business is something totally different than privacy. And to rule a country can change or even eat you up.
Sometimes I wonder if Aragorn whishes back his time as a stranger. I‘m sure he does with the time he was only Estel, without knowing of his heritage and his fortune. But a king is a politician. He can not allow himself to startle the people with his actions or to anger his fellows. Nevertheless he must be authentic and a leader.

But other than a common stranger a king has the necesarry great power to change misstreatening when he sees. On the other hand the ways he needs to go to do so are often more complicated...

Okay. Sorry i‘m lossing tracks!
As I wrote I really lifed your story and could feel it by hart. Even the struggle of Assam between holding his family safe and doing the right to humanity.

Before I‘ve red your story I was sure, to protect my family of all costs (even if we live in a totaly different world! But such decisions create a character and are the fundamental basics of our desicions) but now I must think about it and if there are not other walues which have to be considered.
Your story is magnificent because it is different from the usual black and white. Even if it seems to deliver just one right decision (as the one Hakim makes) I can not say I wouldn‘t undertand the reaction of his parents.

You invited true and frithening honest characters.

Thank you for your writhing.
In my eyes it maybe seems not to be a common fanfic but as well as Tolkiens writhings a kind of literature.

So enough of my pathetic blure! ;)
ElvishKiwi chapter 12 . 10/11/2018
This is such a vivid, beautiful story. You have such incredible skill in painting pictures with your words. Love this
kittendeer chapter 6 . 7/8/2018
It's adorable that Aragorn taught Kali a bit of rudimentary Sindarin, and how he seems to really care for the kids' well-being. A heir of Gondor teaching one impoverished Easterling child the language of the Elves and the other how to shoot...that's truly cross-culture bonding.
kittendeer chapter 12 . 7/8/2018
Wow. This fic leaves me speechless. Your writing style, the suspense, Aragorn's characterization, your OC...I love all of this. There's something so unique about this fic, it nearly doesn't seem like fanfic anymore but actual literature. And I'm so glad how it ended with Aragorn freeing all the Haradrim after the War, and how his understanding all started with Hakim's family living in poverty in the desert. Hakim really was a joy to read about, his narrative voice is very relatable and realistically young but not dumb.
Zantak chapter 12 . 3/18/2018
There is a forum that i frequent called Sufficient Velocity. On that forum there's a tread about the greatest works of fanfiction. I found this story recommended there, and i second that recommendation.
Guest chapter 5 . 12/29/2017
I’ve heard that it’s ~super bad~ to fire a bow without an arrow on the string. Especially with homemade/ not modern bows. Idk for sure though, I’ve never worked with recurve. Besides that, the tips are very useful!
Elwaith chapter 10 . 6/3/2017
You've really brought this family to life, Hakim and Kalima, Asima and Azzam. I love them and I love their relationship with Aragorn even though it has sorrow in it. It's sad about Azzam and Asima. I wish there was a story about Kalima and Asima's reaction to finding out Dakheel is Aragorn 3 and the rest of their lives in the days of peace.
ksecc1 chapter 12 . 1/21/2017
This is such an awesome Aragorn fic. You paint the evil choices many people, including Aragorn, has to make during the war.
Kath chapter 12 . 8/20/2016
HI
I just had to say how much I enjoyed this story! Your Aragorn is the personification of nobility, though Ihated it when you made him suffer so much. It was a really credible tale and such a good message about understanding other cultures.
I am now going to search for other stories you have written.
Many thanks
Kath xi
lilou4 chapter 12 . 8/17/2016
Great read. I am so happy I stumbled upon this story. Thank you for your beautiful mind!
Guest chapter 3 . 8/2/2016
Very, very good story so far. Something I never knew that I wanted to read.
The Lost Playwright chapter 12 . 5/21/2016
I read this story in one sitting. It is truly a gem and there is so much complexity and thought into this work... It is a diamond in the rough of fanfiction. Thank you for sharing your story with all of us, for it was a wondrous journey that I will look forward to repeating to several times. And, I will read that sequel, if you write it. Peace!