Reviews for Ransom
The Lost Playwright chapter 12 . 5/21
I read this story in one sitting. It is truly a gem and there is so much complexity and thought into this work... It is a diamond in the rough of fanfiction. Thank you for sharing your story with all of us, for it was a wondrous journey that I will look forward to repeating to several times. And, I will read that sequel, if you write it. Peace!
Dragonanzar chapter 12 . 9/15/2015
Wow, fantastic story! I have really enjoyed it! You held the tension of current and past very well, each complementing and enhancing the other. I also really liked how you explored the humanity of each character, particularly their interactions with each other. That light of Aragorn's that he couldn't keep entirely hidden, was very well done. I will definitely have a go at the sequel, though I so enjoyed this one that I'm not sure I want to fill in the gaps...

Thank you for writing!
Oklina chapter 12 . 5/15/2015
How on earth does this only have 72 reviews? (Well, 73 now, but still.) This is a ridiculously good and well-thought out story. The pacing was excellent, the vocabulary delightful. The culture of Harad was portrayed like a grand tapestry of color and design, so vivid and lively. Then the amount of research you put into this is enough to boggle my mind! And not just desert life, but also the history into Middle Earth about a region and its people most never care to learn. Absolutely hands-down one of the best LotR fics I have ever read.
Pol chapter 12 . 4/12/2015
Gahhhhhh, your Aragorn is so perfectly HIM. The epilogue is so lovely a read of him.
sirensbane chapter 12 . 3/31/2015
I very much enjoyed this story. Normally, OCs in fanfic annoy me, but yours were well-rounded and human. I liked each one for different reasons. Also, the scene in the throne room was awesome.
Guest chapter 12 . 2/23/2015
You write incredibly well.
Have you ever considered writing a longer story, like a novel of some sort?
It would be awesome!
Elwaith chapter 12 . 1/15/2015
Could you write a oneshot about how Kalima reacts to find out about Dakheel being Aragorn King? Also, what Aragorn did, his mercy, that is very true to who he is.
Elwaith chapter 11 . 1/15/2015
Couldn't the knowledge that Dakheel had survived and escaped his slavery have helped Azzam? Even if it wouldn't have erased his guilt completely...
Guest chapter 12 . 1/10/2015
Wow you are a great writer
Guest chapter 5 . 12/3/2014
A-fricking-mazing!
If I didn't know better, I'd say this was from a published author... My friend, your writing has surpassed almost all other fics I've read till now.. Bravo and keep up the good work
LadyOfAnfalas chapter 12 . 11/26/2014
Wonderful story. Excellent characterization of Aragorn and believable OC's who I really cared about. You did an especially good job with the "show, not tell" factor. I especially loved the parts in Gondor, you used Aragorn's power and majesty very well and your view of the court and city were just great. One small problem was that the narrator seemed younger than he was. The part about the lord of Anfalas made me laugh (see my name?). His name was Golasgil, by the way. I didn't pick the pen name for love of him.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/10/2014
Ooo yay, I've finally found it again. This story is the first fanfic I've ever read of Aragorn, and I've read many since then, but this one is still the best I have ever had the fortune to read! I vowed to comment and tell you this, if I ever found it again. (I forgot the name of it, that can make things a little tricky.)
blackunicorne chapter 12 . 9/14/2014
Wonderful story!
Analon chapter 11 . 8/24/2014
This, in my humble opinion, is one of the best fanfictions I've read-and I've read quite a few. The interaction between the charecters and the story setting were breathtaking. It makes me wonder if plot really is the core element of a story. What really makes reading enjoyable are the interactions between the charecters anf many other subtle aspects of the story. I want to say more, but its hard to type all this in a phone. So I'll just say: Kudos to you for this wonderful peace of work.
Pol chapter 12 . 5/9/2014
Oh my LORD this was fantastic. Holy crap. Your portrayal of Aragon is so, so lovely, and you know what's crazy? I LIKED your OCs. They were nuanced, interesting, didn't take over the story, were not villains, or just caricatures populating the story to testify to Aragon's greatness :P It was interesting, though-provoking, and just dang lovely.