Reviews for The Mourning Balm
purehalo chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
This was so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
itsi3 chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
:) Nice!
FrozenSoldier chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
I was only able to watch the episode today. Only a few hours ago now, so it's all real fresh in my mind (and pain!).

The whole 'He went out fighting for us' thing killed me. Their final scene was beautiful (the walker scene, not the fight with the Governor) because it told so much. Now I can't wait to see what happens next and how much time they're going to focus on it. Also Carol's and Rick's reaction because they can understand that on a real personal level. Especially Carol and seeing Sophia as a walker.
Silver Dog Demon chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
Lovely piece. I love the bonding between Carol and Daryl in the aftermath of Merle's death and I think you captured it perfectly.

Yeah, I'm still reeling from that ep too. Damn it was intense. *sob* I really hope we get a good Carol/Daryl moment in the finale, I want to see her help him through his grief. Guess we'll find out soon enough . . .

Thank you for sharing this.
chrisfaithalin chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
I liked how sweet and also quiet this was. Very touching.
Lilone1776 chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
Too soon for me. I just can't. And all of me is screaming for Daryl to just go batshit angry at the group. For keeping Merle isolated, for Rick messing with Merle and getting him involved in the Michonne swap scheme, for not giving Merle a chance, I say he has a RIGHT to be angry. And don't even get me started on Carol comforting him...she didn't give Merle the time of day either...
Or maybe that's just my anger at AMC coming out...could be.:)
peonies01 chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
Great story! I'm still affected by last night's episode also. Daryl looked so broken. I hope his family at the prison helps him through it.
rlmn chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
Wonderfully sad short piece.
Tjay M chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
I cried for daryl
Nova802 chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
Gah! Absolutely loved this! I'm glad she gave him a little space and followed his lead about when he was ready to talk about it. She really made it about him and his grief in that moment. Both she and Hershel are good with walking that line.
crystal2817 chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
Aww so good
superfelix chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
Carol turned from the small celebration to find Daryl on the outer edge of the huddle, just behind her. He met her eyes and blinked, nodded hesitantly in silence...awww.

They locked doors and gates on their way back out. It was a long, painful return...gulp

"No, Daryl. Merle was an asshole but he loved you. In the end, he did what he could to help protect you...true words.

Daryl only breathed, growing calmer and quieter as she continued to hold him cautiously...sigh.

It will need time, but Daryl will get over the lost of his brother. I hope he let Carol comfort him just a little bit.
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
I haven't done the big ugly cry since Lori but jaysus. And this is lovely and spot on as usual!
zenofbeingmommy chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
beautiful and very much in character - I could very much see this happening - thank you for sharing this
DEFiiANCE chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
I have no words. This is beautiful and agonising and just so perfect.

Excuse me whilst I go and cry.