Reviews for Unbent, Unbroken, Unconquered
Ninnamin chapter 4 . 1/18
Damn, the end of this chapter has some power. This story's a little bit old, and I have no clue if it'll be continued or if it's done or whatever, but this chapter is gonna make me read the rest, that's for sure. I read Renegade Reinterpretations a while ago, I thought it was awesome (Lanius, by the same author, was also cool as hell), but I really, more than anything, wanted to see an actual story set in this AU, so big thanks to you for making it.
Drucchi chapter 17 . 1/9
I love how Barla Von is so dismissive of the amdassador, a total ass but still giving him all he wants. Wonderfull chapter, cant wait for more.
WarmasterSamiel chapter 17 . 10/8/2013
nice chapter, it's nice and unique to see how volus might view things.

I'm personally looking forward to shepard meeting morinth in ME 2, that'll be very interesting.
Drucchi chapter 16 . 10/4/2013
I loved CollegeFools Renegade from the moment i read it, and i was so glad when i saw that someone were running with his setting. I will say that you have done masterfully so far. I would like to know how much you are going to follow CF's outline, and if shep here is a Xeno or an Assim. Keep it up cuz i love it.
MB18932 chapter 16 . 10/2/2013
Nice point on the casualty figures. Didn't notice that at first.
I also really liked how you captured the divisions in the Council in regards to humanity.
BloodRavenFan chapter 16 . 10/2/2013
Ha ha ha...renegade Humanity is AWESOME!
WarmasterSamiel chapter 16 . 10/2/2013
nice chapter. It's nice to see a competent Udina that does his job well.

Glad to have you back.
Endrius chapter 15 . 8/20/2013
Wow. Just wow. Great chapter.
Nogui chapter 15 . 8/20/2013
Already knew she was Benezia, but took me a while to make the connection between Nezzy and the real name for some reason XD

The difference between Saren and Balak are noticable. The turian is a commander, having a minimum of respect for the asari (grabbing her but restraining himself in the end). The batarian is a master, treating the asari like slaves - which tecnicly they are thanks to Sovereign.

Saren, while already an anti-human douche, joined Sovereign with (kinda) good intentions. Balak, with his personal hatred for Shepard, is the perfect villain.

I love the level of detail you went into. Every tiny thing about the canon, morphed to suit RR. Good job so far!
kbloods chapter 14 . 7/31/2013
Hell ya grate chapter
WarmasterSamiel chapter 14 . 7/30/2013
another awesome update. Like how much more hardened they are in this universe.

keep up the good work.
College Fool chapter 13 . 7/27/2013
I don't review and comment as much as I should, curse my inevitable excuses of time and internet access, but I want to say that I really feel that you hit the head of the nail with the spirit of the universe. Granted, the source material isn't exactly gamer-friendly, and a catheter joke would never make it in, but I can really see this being The Game That Wasn't.

It's not the big things, like the whole Eden Prime techno-thriller, but it's the little things that get the spirit just right. Moments like Shepard's curious 'so little?' after a casualty count that would dominate the canon franchise, or how Shepard and Ashely, rather than being clean cut and attractive, are battered, bruised, and busted... but still carrying on and attracted.

I think that, the sense of wounds and hardship being overcome, of ugly aftereffects of past conflicts being pushed through, is really the heart and sole of what I tried to put out. You Get It, and you deserve all the credit for putting it into the words I couldn't.
vantick chapter 13 . 7/25/2013
Another great chapter! Nice to get references to the 'other' Shepards, as well as a bit of insight on Anderson. As always, your dialogue is great. Council meetings are sure to be fun. If there was one thing that I had a problem with ingame, it was the fact that the Council did not at all try to verify Shepard's beacon vision with a mindmelder. Liara seemed capable enough, and the Council's failure to do the same just made them look willfully incompetent. (at best, purposely oblivious) Even if they wrote if off as the delusions of someone mentally unstable, it really was a bit off of them to not even try.

Alas, can't wait for the next installment!
Endrius chapter 13 . 7/25/2013
Another great chapter. It looks like you're good in writing non-combat chapters too. I wonder what will happen next.
WarmasterSamiel chapter 13 . 7/25/2013
awesome chapter.

I really like the contrast between this and canon, since 300 000 casualties is considered nothing special, while in canon less then a thousand was considered a war.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »