Reviews for Love & Corruption
Lady Deviance chapter 50 . 3/8
gee.nine chapter 20 . 12/12/2014
I must say I became quite fond of her, and before knowing that Qing really is Midori I actually read while imagining her features as a younger Midori lol.
gee.nine chapter 11 . 12/11/2014
I have a question; The last time Korra went to the corrupted Avatar State (when Amon inadvertently woke her up) she doesn't remember throwing the fireballs at him, but here she remembers everything. Is it because maybe she fought more to resist it and become more conscious? While the other time it was instinctive, reflexive, and therefore taking her whole?

Oh great story by the way! I read both The Cave and its sequel and thought it was just amazing (heart-wrenching too). Love your plots and portrayal of Noatak/Amon. Can't wait for the next 40 chapters to read x)
General Ripper chapter 4 . 3/10/2014
I always wondered how Amon went from Water Tribe tan to Fire Nation pale.
Guest chapter 50 . 1/30/2014
Thank you for the wonderful story you shared with us! It was amazing!
SharkAria chapter 50 . 1/27/2014
What a beautiful piece, and what a hopeful ending. Thank you for sharing your personal experience in the author's notes as well; you are strong and generous and determined! I am sending you positive thoughts on your own journey.

Specific things i enjoyed about this fic: as with your Cave series, seamless and excellent weaving together of plot with lemon content. A creative, enriching interpretation of the Avatar universe. Beleivable character interactions and motivatioss.

And finallh, the mature content sections were super hot.
wannabewonderbender chapter 50 . 1/26/2014
I really enjoyed this story from start to finish. Normally, long fics can get a little tiresome and slow but this one - despite being 50 chapters never hits that rough patch. The pacing was fantastic and there was always something happening. Nothing felt 'extra.' You kept it tight and clean and simple.

Noatak and Korra (and Lee, Tarrlock) grew so much over these chapters. Korra was absolutely heartbreaking and Noatak - well Noatak was just rough. This story was so dark and somewhat depressing at times but then the moments when it was fun and good were amazing. You had the perfect balance of both kinds of fics - there were a few fluffy-ier moments and then some that were just made me want to get a bottle of wine and start drinking.

I loved the corruption arc. That, for me was probably what makes this fic my favorite Amorra story. The Lion Turtle in ATLA had warned Aang about how he had to be careful interfering with other's bending because of it's corrupting nature. With all of the people that Korra helped 'fix', I was wondering if they would ever address that issue. So I was glad to see that someone did write a fic where the Avatar does become corrupted from taking bending.

I liked how Korra and Amon sort of grew towards each other gradually. It wasn't immediate and it made sense. Even if the first smut scene between the two happened pretty soon, it didn't feel rushed or out of place.

Oh - the smut. Tastefully done. Mature, too. I liked how they were both willing to experiment in order to satisfy the other and their own curiosity.

You also did a good job of addressing the age issue. I have to admit, even though I do ship Amorra, the age thing does make me think a lot. Not because I find anything wrong with it, but because Amon will be an old man and will probably die long before Korra will. (granted that it's from old age or something and excluding highly possible deaths of illness and injury) and that would suck. But I like how you made that a clear concern for Amon even though Korra doesn't seem to mind. I feel that would be an issue that would NEED to be addressed at some point so it sort of bothers me when it's skipped over as nothing.

I'm glad that you consider writing this as carthartic. I haven't read the Cave even though it's considered the template of Amorra fics but after reading this, I don't understand how this take isn't more popular. Sure, it doesn't take place in the story and some canon elements are written out, but I like this side a lot. More mature, darker and edgy with a lot of ambiguous elements in it. To me, this is the 'template' of Amorra fics.

But maybe that's just me.

Great read and a slam-dunk job even if it has, in what you termed, "uneven pacing, polish issues and other problems." The characters were amazing, the setting and world was wonderful, and you gave us a beautiful - yet difficult - journey.
Guest chapter 50 . 1/25/2014
Awww! Masks, I love your writing! Never stop
thecryofthewolf chapter 50 . 1/24/2014
Holy hell. For anyone skimming through the reviews, wondering if this fic is any good, stop. Just stop skimming right now and read it. Don't question, just go read this fic. Right now. Masks, you seriously never stop surprising me with just how talented you are. This story was so amazing. Obviously, I have a lot to say about it but I'm sending you a private message to full express it all. This review is just for the readers/future readers.
Laughers song chapter 50 . 1/24/2014
These two chapters were worth the wait. I have greatly enjoyed reading this story. Even with its pacing issues, I have always found a bit of comfort within the words and your story line. This story wasn't all roses and glitter, that was something I greatly enjoyed. It was good to see a story that had struggle coupled with hope.

I am glad that you were able to find a bit of hope in your own work and that this story reflected a bit of your life. This story was with me from shortly after my ex broke up with me to finding a full time job that actually deals with my major. You provided me with a wonderful escape from reality, so I thank you sincerely for being able to write such a wonderful piece of work. I look forward to whatever else you write up!
Raven Hallowryn chapter 50 . 1/24/2014
And now I am sobbing:
-First because L&C is over and it's one of my favorite stories ever and now there won't be any more of it to look forward to... ;A;
-Second because the story has come such a long way and ended so beautifully that it made me cry. -And third because your A/N was possibly the thing that brought tears to my eyes the most, as someone who followed your struggles and kept up with the story religiously I saw the parallels but to see the hope you've found and the unmatched strength you've showed makes me both proud, envious, happy and emotional. I truly wish you all the best from here on out, if only I could do more to show my support...
As for the story itself, yes there are pacing issues here and there but even those seem important to highlight the instability in the characters and I truly and utterly adore your style.
You have a talent to word things just right, to make things credible and yet magical, and to give everything a deeper meaning without actually pointing it out all the time. You make the characters so real, so human, so visceral, so unique and well developed that they feel like real people allowing us a peek into their world rather than characters set out to entertain us and I find that to be absolutly perfect and a staple of your writing style (if only I could emulate that trait I'd be so happy, never underestimate how good you with it).
I want to gush so much more about this story, about the well designed plot, the realistic and empathetic approach to certain themes that made my heart ache, and everything else along the way but, alas, you leave me speechless and I am nowhere near as talented with words as you are.
I wish the story would never end but the way it has makes me happy and is quite fulfilling.
I hope to keep reading all you have to offer in the future (more Amorra would be nice someday xD but I'll take anything because I just adore your style) and I hope we stay in touch for a long long time but most of all I hope the positive things this story has given you never ever fade.
Keep on smiling, my friend.
shippercrack chapter 50 . 1/24/2014
This story is amazing and so are you :)
Barleyguy chapter 48 . 1/9/2014
I realized I had forgotten to review this chapter, which by the way I loved. However I can't but be curious where you thought of korra having a drunken three way with a couple of strangers how you imagined that ill never know. The part with the toys was hilarious as well. And you still know how to make a parting a sad touching event. Loved the chapter and as always. Keep updating eh
AvaleeDarling chapter 48 . 1/6/2014
That was sweetest shit ever! Especially for this fic
guest chapter 48 . 1/6/2014
You 're back! And with a very emotional chapter! I can't wait for the ending chapter to see how things are going to be!