Reviews for A Stranger on the Frontier
WBH21C chapter 12 . 1/30
So very well done!
AmaroqLycanphoenix chapter 12 . 1/4
Very enjoyable read.

You referenced the original Deus Ex, and you're simultaneously a Star Trek, Star Wars, Mass Effect and BattleTech fan... You seem to put in incredible amounts of time and effort into your research, and you share my criticisms regarding the Star Trek universe as a whole in regards to societal conventions, the lack of respect for scientific feasibility, Starfleet's nonsensical engineering principles, etc.

I have to say... You're basically a lot like me in many ways. I do hope that you continue working on this, and on Exodus of Stars.

I'm currently trying to work on two stories of my own, a BattleTech / Star Wars crossover (old Expanded Universe) and a BattleTech / Star Trek crossover, and I would love a chance to exchange ideas with you. I go by Lycanphoenix over on Space Battles.
Guest chapter 12 . 12/31/2017
*attempts to resuscitate*
Blaze1992 chapter 12 . 12/17/2017
Okay well it's been good to read but why the hell has it been dead for years?
Joe Lawyer chapter 12 . 12/7/2017
Someone brought this fic to my attention the other day and I'm glad I checked it out. I was having a very, very, very bad day and this fic put a smile on my face as I read it all in one sitting. In fact, I was reading it very slowly because I didn't want to get to the end too soon.

This is one of those rare gem fanfics that you find from time to time that makes you sad to see abandoned. I really, really liked this. There are way too few stories taking place in the Star Trek realm. I'm not even normally a huge fan of self-insert, at least ones that I'm not personally involved with writing, but this definitely increased my interest in the genre.

You've done a great job here. These self-inserts can oftentimes just turn into long recitations of canon episodes with your unique self-insert character making some token contributions but with the end result being the same. I never felt that here. Administrator Swan embraced his Bajoran citizenship and position and really worked his future knowledge hard to better Bajor. He even used his knowledge from his home universe and his outsider perspective to really shine a light on just how silly Star Trek can be at times. I loved that. I would have loved to see that develop, especially in the run up to the introduction of the Dominion and the war to come.

My tastes tend to veer more towards a self-insert character being a bit more selfish, more about wish fulfillment. A story where he goes on adventures, gets his own badass starship, increases his wealth, sleeps with many alien women, etc., but I still found this more measured selfless approach pretty appealing.

I see you're back to writing again. Part of me is really hoping you dust off this gem of a story and continue to explore what this protagonist can do. His relationship with Jadzia was just seemingly getting real.

Regardless of what you do, I very much enjoyed this, so thank you for sharing it with us!
frankieu chapter 12 . 11/29/2017
Interesting story so far do hope ya will find ta muse for this story again
Shadowpawzzz chapter 12 . 9/4/2017
I loved this story.
Sam chapter 12 . 7/25/2017
Quite an engaging and well written story I would enjoy seeing it completed one day,
LordWinter13 chapter 12 . 3/6/2017
Damn you for making me enjoy this story only for you to cut it off prematurely!
Red Death chapter 12 . 8/8/2016
Come baaaaaack...!
Darth Cruel chapter 12 . 8/7/2016
Awesome story, loving it. Can't wait for more, keep up the good work.
Blackholelord chapter 10 . 7/21/2016
I want to state I am surprise that you are no longer continue this story. I have read it several times, each time the story continues to show me that the story is amazingly good read. I love how its being developed, which is surprising and the fact you are continuing it into the timeline of Star Trek Online, which would be amazing to watch. I believe that I and other fans of your story would love to see you continue the story.
Guest chapter 12 . 3/13/2016
this looks good i hope you restart it.
Blackholelord chapter 11 . 2/9/2016
As I read this story, I came to love it. Its a great story, shame that is not going to be continued. A seen many parts from the new Star Trek movies, and hints about Star Trek Online. This is a severely well made story, I wish that you will one day continue the story.
shyd1 chapter 12 . 9/29/2015
So good! I especially loved the part where you shamed the crew for baby Isis!
I can't wait to see what you do next!