Reviews for The Metamorphosis of Narcissus
x chapter 4 . 5/6/2014
I feel like the first story in this series was interesting, but this sequel is hard to follow. I keep wanting to skim every chapter, because despite all the words, nothing has happened so far, and I'm at the end of chapter 4. Weird.
Carling chapter 12 . 2/7/2014
Well goodness, you've gone and shown us there's more to Lav than what initially met the eye!

That veela with the short hair and scar down her face oddly seems more beautiful and intriguing described as thus, than any of the Veelas in canon ever seemed. In fact, Veela I'm canon and fan fiction generally annoy me. But I'd love to read a story about your Veela and her history and how she got to be so atypical of her kind.
Carling chapter 6 . 2/6/2014
This story is of course excellent. I don't really need to review it. It's perfect.

I just want to say despite understanding where Lavender is coming from in her point of view, I despise her. I loathed her in canon and I still hate her here. I've got family who lost so much in war in their native country and still we were all taught not to hate blindly but to evaluate people by their own merits, not dehumanize them with labels. So I don't like her appointing herself judge, jury and executioner by proxy especially of she has an incomplete picture and has to resort to treachery to do so.

Hate that scumbag Fudge.

I'm trying to understand if Hermione and Harry's revelation about Ron is what it seems to be.
netglow chapter 15 . 5/30/2011
Man, this was great.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 15 . 12/20/2010
wonderful
C Dumbledore chapter 15 . 9/16/2009
Actually came across this story from painless_j's list of long h/d fics. It's absolutely wonderful. I guess I should say 'stories' as I read them in order as though they were one. The depth of feeling you've expressed is really awesome. I think my favorite parts were the reading of Severus's diaries and the character of Ron Weasley. There are really no words for the horror of Azkaban or the feeling of flying in the body of a hawk.

I too thank the LJ community for pushing you to finish this. Not to have done so would have been a great loss to me as a reader.
chuffed4angst chapter 15 . 4/27/2009
Reading this for a second time after a long while, I think this may be my absolute favorite redemption of Draco. There is no sudden epiphony; no passionate decision driven by testosterone. Unexpectedly, Draco was simply unable to kill this person who had meant so much to him for so long, even if the knowing had been a negative experience. Even then, he didn't understand his motivation or decide to change his political position until time, isolation, the terrors of Azkaban and Severus' own story of change pushed him in that direction.

Of course, your Ron is stunning - his strength, independence and friendship to Harry. Your Harry is just right, too. But it's your Draco that really stands out.

Thanks for a great story.
thrnbrooke chapter 15 . 2/19/2009
Gotta go read the sequel!
firedraygon chapter 15 . 7/2/2008
Wonderful fic. I love how everything feels like it's falling, falling, falling until we get to the end. My absolute favourite in this is Ron. What a guy. His testimony at the end made my heart hurt. Lovely work with this.

fd97
Ame Mika'zuki chapter 15 . 11/17/2007
I..am rendered speechless. I know I didn't review in the prequel to this fic (though I faved it too) but I guess it was because you said the story hasn't ended yet.

I love how you did the two parts separately in Draco's and Harry's POVs. And although the wordiness makes me dizzy at times, I know and understand that the wordiness is vital. Anyway, don't let my wordiness comment bother you - I've just been feeling very lazy nowadays. XD Your characterization of all of them is also -just- perfect. I love the changes you've made with Ron Weasley, Lavender, and Hermione (or lack of change, for that matter). Draco's hair as Harry sees it in the sunlight just makes me want to swoon. XD

...yeah, I said I'm rendered speechless- and I am. I'm sorry if I couldn't say anything past Your fic is bloody BRILLIANT! and Do you have a book out already? and You have just made yourself one of my idolized writers, meaning I think I'll like whatever you write, fanfiction or otherwise.

Anyway I wanna thank you for sharing your wonderful story with us, for the Latin (heheh), the references (I'm now interested in the Court of the Star just because it sounds so cool), and for Severus' thoughts. The line/s that hit me the most were the ones Kramer reiterated. It's really an inspiration for me, not really in a fanfic-writing sense, but in a personal sense. So thank you!
THElaughingUNIVERSE chapter 6 . 6/29/2007
hm
Rev chapter 15 . 1/8/2007
Beautiful. We need more fics like these.
Banner chapter 15 . 4/3/2006
I just found

"A scrap of Humanity" and "The Metamorphosis of Narcissus" today, and I've spent the entire day reading it all the way through. It's wonderful - intelligent and sympathetic and intense. I'll be thinking about this tale for a long time.

Thank you.
pleasedeleteaccount1245 chapter 15 . 3/18/2006
This series kept me so engrossed; I loved your characterization of Harry, and had to keep from pounding the keyboard in fury at the injustice of the situation that Harry, Draco and Ron found themselves in.
Xyverz chapter 15 . 8/1/2005
I've just finished reading both this and its predecessor.

I must say, "WOW!" Both stories were wonderful. Thank you for writing them. I'm glad I was rec'ed 'em. :-)