Reviews for Keep Chasing
jack63kids chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Nice piece a free verse with a good strong message. We don't know precisely how Alicia feels about never being the hero of the match, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has wondered before - and now I'm sure as you do too.
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
Roo this was brillaint.
I love the formating, how the starts around keep looked like they were holding keep in like they were keeping, I love how you showed up, having the P on top of the U so younread it upwards. I like the sneaking trifile in quaffle showing it's of little importance, because the chasers don't get a lot of credit. I love how the bold letters spell out Alicia. I also really like how she wants the glory of 'finding', but chasers /chases/ and the seeker /seeks/ and her disapointment that the applause isnt for her was really clear I thought. I love that it was almost wrong for her to want to seek, when her job is to chase, and yet she wants to anyway. I'm not sure how much sense I've made, but I loved this. Ily
ProfessorSquirrell chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
OMG

So... I saw the word freeverse and I was thinking I'd never read a freeverse from you. And this is absolutely wonderful! I love your use of formatting. It's great when I started to catch little things you'd put throughout like her name in bold and such.

I love Alicia and the Quidditch theme throughout this whole thing and your focus on Chasing (but not finding) is gorgeous. Quidditch is full of lovely analogies, isn't it? ;)

"(sometimes you wonder -

what is it that you are chasing..." - ummm YESSSS. Just. that. okay?

You wrote her disappointment really well when she realizes the Seeker kind of stole her thunder, how frustrating it is to be always chasing something. Seriously. I loved this.
starlight.moon.princess chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
This is a lovely freeverse :)

It's a beautiful look into Alicia's head, and I love how you've juxtaposed her position in the Quidditch team with how she seems to feel about life.

The way she wonders if chasing is worth it all if she never gets any applause is a valid point you make. In both the books and with the fans, most of the attention is paid to the Seeker in the team. It's the Seeker who wins at the last moment, and the only time I recall the Chasers and not the last minute Seeking actually affecting which team won was during the Quidditch World Cup, so it's very likely that the rest of the team is overlooked.

My favourite part of it all, in terms of formatting at least, was the way you formatted the "up." It's not something I've ever though of, but it brought life into Alicia's thoughts and actions.

This was phenomenal for your first freeverse.

Well done! :)
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
I really enjoyed this. Well done for your first freeverse :) It was quite impressive, and I love reading about minor characters. They're always so interesting to see what people come up with.

Well done
Holly The Sparkling Unicorn chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
This was really good! It's totally canon of what someone would think being a chaser, cause really you can win a game without them, even though the seeker has a very valid position, games wouldn't go on forever if it wasn't for the chasers getting points. (I guess you could argue the seekers getting the snitch as well, but still.) great freeverse! I really enjoyed it.