Reviews for Interlude with Death
Dino-Rogue chapter 1 . 5/16/2014
I never thought I'd say this, but... thanks to Death! Haha! Was that the DBZ counterpart of Botan?-)A_darker one? Hahaha! But now, Bra is the symbol that Vegeta is a killer no more... he is a life-giver.

Love this! Supernatural, true, but not just that; angsty and... happy! Love this! Thank you, especially for the happy ending! :(
elleelle chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
Really enjoyable read
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
This is one unique story. I've never read a Vegeta-centric story with this plotline or tone before, and was a very enjoyable read.

I really like the way you characterize Vegeta here. The way you describe his meditation sounds different than what I would imagine of him. It really shows how much he has changed from when he first appeared on the manga/show. The fact that he's come to terms with life is something I can see happening to him. I like how you mention Gohan's discussion of Darwin and Vegeta's questioning about it. It sounds like something he would think amongst his own doubts. Also, the fact that he doesn't attack the stranger shows that change in his personality.

The fact that you have death approach him is what makes this an interesting concept. What more, death is not a hooded figure or a somber creature of any sort, but she looks like a regular woman. Her purpose with Vegeta is well played. At first I thought she was coming for him. It seemed kind of ironic that the many ways he had died, or almost died, in the past would be overthrown by a natural death. Death's talk with Vegeta in which she reveals what she wants him to do goes beyond original. I've never read anything like that before (that includes mythologies).

That last paragraph was definately an "aww" moment. It definately signifies a difference in Vegeta. It's a good way to state the beginning of their caring father-daughter relationship.

This is one of the most original DBZ fanfics I've ever come across that happens to be well-written in addition. Good work with this story.
Scribbler chapter 1 . 8/17/2003
I'd never really considered Vegeta being the one to suggest having another child, but I suppose it makes sense in a way. He'd certainly mellowed out enough by the end of DBZ that I could picture him considering the enigma of life vs. death, and creating a life to make up for causing so much loss of it is a poignant way of bringing Bra into the timeline.

I have to commend you for one line in particular, though. Well, a few lines, but the one in particular to which I'm referring just doesn't work out of context.

'Vegeta had not killed anyone in years. He hadn’t died in years either. Kakarrot hadn’t either—it used to be he couldn’t go a year without dying, almost dying, or being dead.'

How very, very true. _
Darke Angelus chapter 1 . 5/17/2003
Heh. Lady Death must have sensed that Bulma's biological clock was ticking down: Forty-Five years. Whew! Vegeta's boy's got in through the gate just in the nick of time. Great story!
Steven P. P chapter 1 . 4/10/2003
Nice one-shot. It was certainly a suprise to see Death as a woman with blonde hair... but hey, why not? :)
Mchan Briefs chapter 1 . 2/9/2003
That was a neat one shot fic.
aqua-illusions chapter 1 . 12/4/2002
Heehee, Vegeta vaporized the little hat-thingie. It had it coming. I think I would be pretty disappionted too if my kids were named afer underwear. Well, I don't really mind the name Trunks, but I would never inflict anyone with a name like Bra.

Hmm, I never really imagined death as a blonde. She must have been really fed up with Vegeta to come and talk to him personally. Imagine, Death herself comes knocking at your and demands that you have another kid.

-aqua_illusion
Dark Wolf AG chapter 1 . 10/31/2002
That was different! But I enjoyed it, it really had a good point at the end of it. Keep it up!
Hypernovae chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
awww...that was cute at the end! So that's why Veggie loves Bra so much...

Pretty good story!
Sholio chapter 1 . 10/10/2002
Nice story. Brings everything in Vegeta's life full circle.
n1t3sama chapter 1 . 10/6/2002
Oooo.
Elbereth in April chapter 1 . 10/2/2002
Very interesting.
Tracey Claybon chapter 1 . 9/14/2002
You are doing a nice job of showing that Vegeta has a little more to him and his character than the one dimensional i've-got-nothing-better-to-do-with-my-life-than-to-try-to-kill-Kakarrot character he is usually depicted as - and you pulled that off with style. Good work.
Teskosuicide chapter 1 . 8/18/2002
AWWWWWWWWWWWWW! that was so fuggin sappy! I liked it! YES! SHINIGAMI IS A WOMAN! whoo! *does the happy dance* you rock...*rubs your face* I like you...

Keep a Mild Groove On

Alpha Slave

*~Iyoku wa hissatasu no faiyabooru~*