Reviews for Oak Tree Sketches
Cheeky Slytherin Lass chapter 1 . 1/16
Dammit, Laura! This was heartbreaking. But beautiful, of course.

I loved this. You captured the childlike innocence here so perfectly. Dean, so afraid and confused. The other children, equally afraid (for a whole other reason, of course) and the natural cruelty of children faced with something they don't understand. Jaysus, it was all written so well, so believable.

I love Dean here, though. I love that he's trying to be strong and refusing to call his mum because he doesn't want to disappoint her. This is believable to me because he's the only boy in the house, and I can imagine he grew up with a sort of "man of the house" attitude, so he'd want to be strong for her.

I love that you included his sketching in this. Artist!Dean is my favorite thing. And that he uses it as a coping mechanism is perfect.

[ And he tells himself that he, too, will be a survivor. Even if he's
standing alone.] This was my absolute favorite line. It was all beautiful but this stuck out to me because we know that one day he'll find out he's not alone. And that line just holds so much hope, even if he doesn't know it.
DobbyLovesSocks chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
hi
this was, as always, bloody amazing. Short, sweet, and pulled at my heartstrings in barely 500 words. I love how you seem to make Dean into an artist, a lot; it seems to fit his character, and it makes for good stories. You wrote the emotions of a little boy so well, and... I just loved this. Again.
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
How haven't I reviewed this before now? Because darling, this deserves a review. It's just so beautiful and so heartbreaking. It literally hurts to think about being called a freak at 10 years old. I was called that during 8th grade, and I still haven't gotten over it. And to think that he was called that for years growing up. It just hurts me.

[But the world isn't fair, and Dean knows that. He doesn't expect fair. That doesn't mean it doesn't hurt.] - the truest lines ever. They are just so brilliant and lovely and they paint the true story of the world, of life. Life isn't fair, and it hurts. God what these lines do to me.

I really adore the mentions of his mother and how he would face the cruel words and the glares because he wanted to be strong for her. It really speaks of his Gryffindor-ness, which is quite lovely.

I wish I could give you a better review than this, but word are failing me. You made me forget how to English because of this fic. I love it, really!
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
I really liked this! I most of the time forget that Dean is a Muggleborn (even though I know he is... I just don't think about it). I think you did an excellent job at portraying his fear and confusion over what his happening to him. It would be kind of scary for those who didn't know about magic.

I didn't see any spelling or grammar mistakes either. Well done.
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
Nice work, keep writing
CatchingCraziness chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
Poor Dean, I never even thought that other muggle borns would have been picked on. :)