Reviews for The Principle of Deception
Rozamunda chapter 1 . 2/15
Love it! Except some bits are confusing. I mean, River's ganger wasn't self-conscious, it was just a vessel controlled by River, it wasn't two Rivers just like it wasn't two Amys; and River was in control of her Ganger till the moment of her death. So for there to even BE a consciousness to save in the data core, River's a River!Ganger's life had to be separated and for all of it to be possible it would have to happen in the exact moment of River's death. And so the Ganger!River would come to life in the moment of her death (and do I have to remind you that the Doctor insisted that the ganger of someone isn't just a copy, it's truly the same person, same memories, experiences, hopes, fears and feelings). So it happens that the Doctor in attempt to rescue River from the library did that but at the same time he didn't. There's still River (a River, but River nonetheless) in the library, trapped, never to see the love of her life again; "born", created only to save the doctor, her life ended the moment the began to exist. And while it's not impossible for the Doctor to do that (he saved one River after all) it seems improbable- he might have been selfish enough to make an additional River to be off with him in the universe (even if it was the "original", but that doesn't change the fact that they're both River Songs and now instead of one River trapped in the data core, there's still one trapped but there's other with the doctor)- but just like I said he might have done it; but what's really improbable is that he thought that was so great a solution. He would have never done it with such a light heart. I mean, c'mon: the data core might be preferable to death (though I'm not sure) but I'm positive thath for such a lively creature as River it would never ve enough and Doctor would never, ever do it with light heart.
Sorry but just as I'm thrilled for the Doctor and River, I also hate the idea of another River brought to life only to die that same second amd be trapped forever as a data ghost. It would be more merciful to never let her exist (I don't know, maybe sabotage the screwdriver so it would only seem like CAL saved River), because if River (or Ganger!River, doesn't really matter) had never been saved she would never really live (aside maybe for the moment of her death and maybe a moment after -shadowing was it called or sth) and she WAS prepared to die, as she said, besides if she was lucky enough she wouldn't even notice that the was an entirely new being and not the "original"
sherlokiwho chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
I haven't read this fic in months and I still think this is going to be completely Canon!
Riley Written chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
Great Writing!
Jessica chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
You my friend are amazing.
I shall be getting an account soon. With which, I shall message you.

It might not be quite so soon, seeing as I procrastinate too much, but any way, thank you for the wonderful story.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
I love this because it is a perfectly plausible scenario in which river survives! Unfortunately, I doubt the cannon could ever possibly be this cheerful! Great job!
Flygrrl chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
I like. Clara doesn't seem like a giggly type of person, but hey, it works!
Obsessive-Hp-Twilight-GG-freak chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
If that is what really happens in the new series I will be one happy whoian.
RosesandEdgars chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
I'm waiting for BoSJ too. ARGH ITS SO CLOSE YET SO FAR. Anyway I found Clara to be in character, and the River-was-a-ganger-in-library theory is getting more and more popular. Maybe it's true...? Hopefully it is, I don't want the Doctor and River seperated D:
The Linn chapter 1 . 3/26/2013