Reviews for The Book Keeper
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
I can admit, this story was well done. You're forgiven for the grammatical errors, but since I'm terrible with grammar as opposed to spelling (except when I'm proofreading) you'll have to fix these on your own, if you ever get back to this story.

This story reminded me of 'Inkheart', since the characters come out from the books they were in, but also how they return to - as one reviewer put it in quotations - their worlds. I know I'll be the contradiction to what you said, due to life experience, but how can you be sure that reality and fantasy aren't one in the same? It's almost like saying in an optimistic, yet pessimistic way that science and magic shouldn't belong together, when really they do - true science and magic, I mean. This question kept popping up in my mind, but I do wonder if fantasy really began with the Bible, since there are references to unicorns, the leviathan (in sea tales, it was called the kraken), behemoth, and, I think, a giant. So, even though technology has made us unaware of the fact that there may be fantastical creatures and beings already with us (probably afraid to come out, due to us and how we'll react to them, or try to overpower them), we shouldn't doubt that they're not living amongst us, both helpful and harmful creatures and beings (I wonder how many readers you have will assume this is just supernatural, when really that may not always be the case). I know I sound like I'm lecturing, but there are good points in this paragraph to discuss.

Still, this story made me more interested in Wilson's interactions with the characters. This story really does feel like 'Inkheart', which does draw the question as to what the characters would think if they ever met their authors. I do have one correction: in the books, Frodo and Sam journeyed together into Shelob's lair. They weren't separated by Gollum. That was just a 'what if' scenario in the recent film adaptations (first live-action film adaptations for 'The Lord of the Rings' and 'The Hobbit', if I might add). Yet I can relate to Wilson and her meetings with the characters. I'm sure Frodo would be that startled and bewildered, since he was pulled out the quest before it ended. As for Wilson herself, I still caught elements of a Mary-Sue.

Overall, you did a fine job with this story. I couldn't help contradicting, since I've heard this more than once. I apologize if I have offended anyone in any way; nonetheless, I needed to get these words out of me.

-Aria Breuer
AaylaKitofNiflheim chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
I love this story and the idea that it came from! A very refreshing reversal of the old "Girl-in-Middle-Earth". Frodo was well done- I can't imagine him behaving much differently if he'd landed in a strange world.
Dixie Darlin chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
this pretty much describes everyone that's ever had imaginary friends from the books we read, shows/movies we watch, etc. Bittersweet for in the end we always know they "go back" to "their world" and we must remain in ours, whether we're dying of loneliness or not.