Reviews for Lion of Durin
guest chapter 1 . 4/28
Yep, you're right and Professer Tolkien was wrong on this point, at least.
LisaG16 chapter 1 . 3/7
more? would love to read a coda at least of the brothers conversation. :)
Noxy the Proxy chapter 1 . 1/25
Interesting. I wonder what will happen next.
Lakritzwolf chapter 1 . 11/29/2014
This.
Just yes.

Couldn't agree with you more.

Did I mention that I love what you write?
Unseen Watcher chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
Ah, representing Fili in a more mature light. Maybe the coronation fic was them showing fever high spirits of relief before they (or rather Fili) calm down?...maybe. heh. Thanks for letting all three live!
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
Very moving.
SusanL chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
I found this by accident. I'm so glad I did. It is perfection.
Ruairistrikesback chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
Awesome beginning, and the rapport between Thorin, Kili, and Fili is palpable. I really like the mix of tension and love as each one fights to live up to their legacy and role. It makes sense that Crown Prince Fili, like a human teen on the cusp of adulthood, would have some conflict with his guardian Thorin. Fili seems to be learning sacrifice, taking responsibility, taking a stance and defending that stance like the King he is destined to become. It is extra cool that we get a sense of the differing ways that Fili and Thorin excel as leaders. Both awesome leaders and warriors, but where Thorin has remarkable will, Fili seems to have a great talent with motivation/negotiation. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your Kili! Last comment-your crisp, intelligent dialogue is especially striking.
Arlothia chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
I had to sit here for about a minute before I could actually write something! I was so overwhelmed by it all! This was stunning. Absolutely stunning! Fic writing at it's best and some of the very best I've seen for this fandom. Everyone was in character, though I really like how you've developed Fili's character into someone who's stronger and more obviously the heir aparent to a mighty throne, and I think that the lack of enmity (though only slightly) between Elves and Dwarves (especially Thorin-"She was good enough to look at the rest of our wounded, including you and me." He called a freaking Elf GOOD!) was well done, seeing as they just helped them fight a huge battle and truley win back their kingdom.
All in all, this was fantastic and amazing and I can't wait to read the rest of your stuff!

Keep it up!
Arlothia
Ilada'Jefiv chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
Lovely story! Thanks for sharing. :)
Mzzmarie chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
LOVED reading this!
Wayward Dragon chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
Any story that gives a different ending to that battle deserves recognition. This was beautiful, and I loved every moment!
kyoiku kanji chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
This was a very pleasant surprise, and very well done. I like what you've done here and I have to agree... It's much better with them surviving... IMHO.

Very well done and nicely told!