Reviews for All My Children
willflourish chapter 10 . 6/10
When I first saw the description for this story I thought it was a novel idea, but I did not expect to enjoy it as much as I did. Really loved it.
TLWtlw chapter 3 . 2/10
Maybe she needs to go to Joseph Sisko's restaurant in New Orleans, then she would get real food.

24th century humans like Tom Raymond are a bunch of elitist snobs.
TLWtlw chapter 1 . 2/10
I know this was published a long time ago. But I'm glad to see a follow up to a guest star on TNG.

I thought that (with the exception of Data and Troi) that the Enterprise crew didn't really treat these time refugees all that well. It seems the crew of the ship they went back home on thought they were from the dark ages as well.

There's a Trek novel that I'm reading now, that's part one of a series about the Federation Dept. of Temporal Investigations. Coincidentally, Clare Raymond is mentioned in it. Spoiler alert:

She becomes a counselor for time displaced people such as herself. The book also says that Ralph Offenhouse became a Minister of Commerce and Sonny went back to his music. Another Trek novel had (if I recall correctly), Offenhouse serving as ambassador to Ferenginar.

This is just the first chapter, but I wonder if there is a mention of Gillian Taylor.
Tamuril2 chapter 10 . 2/19/2019
YESSSS! Finally, someone wrote the story I always wished for. I really mean that. I've always wished for a story about Claire and how she integrated into society/her family. I somehow always imagined it being hard, that she'd be treated as slightly silly/stupid and an antique to be admired but never really loved. And you gave me that! Thank you SOOOOO much! I enjoyed every single bit of this story from start to finish. It was everything I could've wished for - the angst and Earth drama - and more - Vulcan was never something I imagined, but it fit perfectly. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! *hugs*
Loyal Eskamoe chapter 10 . 7/20/2018
You wrote a lovely story. Simply lovely. It was a surprise to see such a follow up for a guest star. I honestly never really thought about what happened to the three 20th century refugees. One thing I kind of wished you added was a scene with, or a brief mention of Gillian Taylor. It’s a niggling little nitpick because that’s literally the worst thing I could say about your story. Other than it ended, that is.

Your writing is wonderful. I loved your characters, your story, and the heartfelt emotions in it. Please keep up the good work!
DefenestratedCountess chapter 10 . 3/2/2016
Wow! So creative and original — a beautiful end to the story :)
kyoko12989 chapter 10 . 7/2/2014
This was a sweet story and I enjoyed it very much.
CeliaSingsSongs chapter 10 . 6/12/2014
This made me cry in a good way...
Tribal Graces chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
Thank you, Lutheranapriljones. I don't have any stories in mind for Sonny or Ralph at the moment, but if something occurs to me, I'll try to find time to write it. Glad you enjoyed the story.
lutheranapriljones chapter 1 . 4/6/2014
I love this story. Would you ever write companion stories about the other people in cryo-storage with Claire?
SpaceHead3 chapter 10 . 3/17/2014
Wow! This was great!
TribalGraces chapter 10 . 11/18/2013
JannaKalderash, I agree! But Clare is very family-oriented, so I can't picture her suing a family member, even if provoked. And she doesn't like conflict, which explains why she ultimately responds with "flight" rather than "fight." However, it's interesting to speculate whether lawsuits would work in a society which has (according to Captain Picard) eliminated money. Without money, would intellectual property rights still exist? As a citizen of a 24th century socialist utopia, is Professor Tom justified in appropriating Clare's story "for the common good"? Should we blame him for thinking Clare is the selfish one? I'll leave it to my readers to answer those questions.

It's also possible that Professor Tom's social circle isn't typical of earth. Perhaps there are still some people who appreciate a home-cooked meal or a nice pair of mittens. Clare was just unlucky to end up among techno-snobs.

The-old-yeti: We've probably all felt like Clare from time to time. Recently, I've begun toying with the idea of telling Claire Pertwee's story, but unfortunately it's set just after the ST: Enterprise era. As I'm no fan of Enterprise, I'd have to re-invent that era from scratch. Perhaps when I have more time I'll try it.
JannaKalderash chapter 10 . 11/17/2013
That descendant of hers that plagiarized her work needs a good kick in the bum! Or a visit from a lawyer, provided that Clare can prove that he did so.

God only knows that if it was me, I'd have gotten the Federation equivalent of a pit bull lawyer and destroyed the schmuck academically, if not financially.

This was an excellent story, and I hope to see more of Clare's adventures. She can easily become a lecturer at the Vulcan equivalent of the Needlework Guild. Needlepoint, knitting, crochet, tambour, etc.

It's too bad that this version of Earth has so little respect for the needle arts. I love to crochet myself, both regular and Tunisian. Thread crochet is something I haven't attempted yet, but I'm going to!
shyd1 chapter 10 . 11/12/2013
Awwww.
So awesome!
the-old-yeti chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
i found myself gliding thru the chapters - entranced by the "right" feel to the unfolding of clare' s predicament.
your giving voice to her frustrations in the manner that her one great-x-grandson uses her for his own grandisment
while not feeling her pain stand beautifully in juxtaposition with the truly loving way her vulcan family accepts and
embraces her. i think that you should consider a series of stories about her and her family going up and down the
genealogical tree. i also thing that somewhere in your own story you have felt the same as she. question - are you a jersey girl