Reviews for Bring Them Home
tygrislily chapter 19 . 3/5
thank you for the timeline. this looks to be an interesting AU to explore.
twiggy31 chapter 19 . 2/26
Okie this story is absolutely amazing! I am blown away by your writing! and the fact that you did all this whilst in your final year of university is seriously impressive. The way you portrayed the characters was fantastic, and I think I probably cried in every single chapter! Fili and Kili are my favourite characters in the hobbit by far, and I think this story has to be one of the best I have ever read about them! I hope you continue to write more in the future, because your writing is truly wonderful :)
Fire and Ash chapter 19 . 2/23
This story was incredible! You did a really good job with how Fili dealt with Thorin's death and I really enjoyed reading the Appendix, though when you mentioned the deaths, I nearly cried!

I hope you do another Hobbit story!

Fire and Ash.

xx
jaymzNshed chapter 19 . 2/13
OMG! This was a really, really, REALLY AWESOME story! I'll admit, i had my doubts when i first read the summary for this story, but when i found out it was the sequel to 'Family Tree' (that story i loved alot -), i put aside my doubt and started to read it, and i couldnt put it aside it was amazing! I now regret myself for having those doubts! Thank you for writing a truly great story! D
j.N.s.
Mr.Tom.Hiddleston chapter 19 . 2/11
I have never cried so much over a story. The last part of the last chapter juSt totally threw me an I burst out crying. This is how the book SHOULD of ended. I don't think I will survive There And Back Again.
ncis-lady chapter 19 . 2/10
Thank you for that timeline, it was both funny (little Thorin throwing up on Thandruil LOL) and also very sad at the end with all those great characters dying... but that's life, and all in all they had their happy endings and that's what matters.
ncis-lady chapter 18 . 2/10
This was just PERFECT!
Seriously, I can't thank you enough for this wonderful story, and it aches so much to know that this is in fact AU... I wish that The Hobbit could have ended like this. The way you described the characters, the whole storyline, that balance between angst and happiness was just incredible.
Thank you.
ncis-lady chapter 15 . 2/10
I like your description of Dís, and I loved the way she was there to comfort both her sons. I lost my mother when I was 12 and scenes like that always make me a little sad, knowing that I'll never have that again... but it also makes me smile because it brings back memories of good childhood days :)
ncis-lady chapter 14 . 2/10
What a lovely scene to imagine Fíli and Kíli with the kids! Hm I wonder if Fíli will meet Tobi's aunt again...? By the way I have a good friend who's named Tobi and he's just as cheeky at that dwarfling so that made me smile a lot :)
ncis-lady chapter 10 . 2/10
It's not even 10 am but I'm already beginning to think that this fic will be the only good thing today (I hate Mondays...) LOL I loved this chapter, Fíli is so strong here, really a worthy King if you ask me. And Thandruil surprised me, what a grand gesture returning the sword to its rightful owner. Yep, loved it.
ncis-lady chapter 9 . 2/9
Okay that's it, I'm going to bed. Fíli as a father, damn it hurts to think that Tolkien could have easily let him (and Kíli, of course) have a family but decided to let them die on a bloody battlefield in a vain attempt to avange their uncle's death instead. It's not fair and I know that once the last movie is out and my fangirl heart has been broken I will come back to this story and pretend this is the real ending of the story ;)
ncis-lady chapter 8 . 2/9
Oh no, I'm sat here crying with Fíli... Gosh, that was an emotional one. The way Fíli yelled at his brother broke my heart and I just wanted to hug Kíli and tell him that his brother didn't mean it. And now this last part... it took him a while to allow himself to mourn and I'm glad he did, sometimes you just need some time before you realise you need the grief to be able to go on.
Damn, I really ought to go to bed...
ncis-lady chapter 7 . 2/9
Aw no... a very emotional chapter. I like it that you don't portray Dáin as some power-hungry villain, he is, after all, a dwarf like the others who just tries to make the best out of a difficult situation. I still hope that eventually Fíli will accept the crown, but right now I guess he has bigger problems. The nightmare scene at the end was quite tough to read, poor boys... but I guess it's just normal for Fíli to suffer from nightmares, not long ago I read an interesting article about soldiers and PTSD and why should that only affect men and not dwarves?
ncis-lady chapter 1 . 2/7
Oh no... *sobs* I need to get back to work but how am I supposed to concentrate now?
bookreader1617 chapter 19 . 2/2
My heart broke reading how you have Kili die... that just broke my heart! Love this story and you are such a great wirter! Keep it up :)