|Reviews for Bring Them Home|
| filifangirl chapter 18 . 2/28
FEELZ DA FEELZ R COMING! this is by far the most bittersweet fic i have ever read
| Azulgrana chapter 2 . 2/28
Feel so lucky to find such a brilliant fiction though it really made my heart twitch.
| M.E fangirl chapter 5 . 2/26
LOL Legolas! 3
| JFrancis chapter 19 . 1/28
I just wanted to say thank you for the time you've spent on crafting this story. It's such an amazing read and though it reduced me to a sobbing mess at times, I couldn't stop reading till I reached the end. Thank you again, and you are one talented writer!
| RakCetGirl chapter 19 . 1/20
And I am now so filled with un-shed tears I feel as if I shall burst at any moment. T-T This story was absolutely perfect, as was the appendix. -sniffles- excuse me while I go cry in the corner.
| Neeliad chapter 19 . 1/3
I know this review is a little late but, I have just finished watching "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" and was in need of a little comfort due to the meaningless deaths my three favourite dwarves were given (Thorin, Fili, Kili). Reading your fanfiction was very refreshing considering you seem to understand much about the world of Middle Earth, and each of the characters relationships. I am glad that you added this last chapter as it has put a close to your story and filled me in on the end of every dwarf. Thank you for writing a great fanfiction!
| Guest chapter 19 . 1/1
Why did you do this to me!? I'm actually crying, what is this?
| XXX chapter 19 . 12/27/2014
Rename your story to 'The way Tolkein SHOULD have written the Hobbit and LOTR'.
| Guest chapter 19 . 12/27/2014
Ahh this was absolutely lovely, and you made me cry several times throughout the course of the fic (in a good way)! I absolutely love how the brothers and their relationship was depicted, and the process of coming to terms with everything for Fili was just so well written. Really love everything about this fic, right down to the appendices!
| Aruraina chapter 19 . 12/24/2014
This was a wonderful journey. Very emotional. Kind of inspiring too :) (Chp 10 namely!)
Thank you for this beautiful work.
| Pericula Ludus chapter 8 . 8/15/2014
Me again! Sorry, it's been a while... life...
1. Yay, Arwen is a real person, not just the detached floating sad creature! You give her a proper character - and I like her!
2. Protective brothers, heheheee. Tough luck, Estel, no private time with Arwen. The boy has some nerve, suggesting that he could share a room with her.
3. Love how easily Estel can talk Fíli around. Just a few well-chosen words.
4. I really enjoyed seeing things through Fíli's eyes. Kíli's preparations become much more poignant that way.
5. Talking to Thorin and the first thing he mentions is upsetting Kíli... Oh sweet boy. I really flinched when he took Thorin's hand. Urgh, touching a dead person's hands, just feels so wrong.
| Pericula Ludus chapter 7 . 8/3/2014
Back again, taking a break from real life ;). Ah, I feel rather privileged... I don't need to wait for you to update, there is always another chapter to go back to :)
1. It's great to see how differently they deal with the situation, Fíli withdrawing completely while Kíli throws himself into work.
2. Thranduil "appeared to have forgotten he had a son". Deary me, that elf is not exactly charming!
3. Kíli thinking about fun family dinners of the past... ahh, right there with you, lad... I like that your Dáin is quite a sensible dwarf, just one with limited options.
4. Aragorn and Legolas... that lovely little scene took me right back to 2003 when my sister and I would spend hours obsessing over these two and had built a little shrine to their combined handsomeness in our room. The things you do when you are 16... Good thing I'm much more mature now and wanted to make a serious comment about the difference in human and elven lifespans that must make their friendship quite difficult at times, which you weave into this scene so nicely.
5. "Kíli had learned not to tell Fíli it was all right" Yep. Agreed. Thanks for writing that.
| Pericula Ludus chapter 6 . 7/31/2014
Just one chapter as a bedtime treat...
1. Your description of the snow like ash on the mountain made me think of Azanulbizar and the Burned Dwarves. War, death and destruction once more... we never learn, dwarves or humans...
2. Elves have dull food. So they are not all perfect after all. Ha! Love it!
3. Ah, Fíli just doesn't see how much he still does. It really touches me that he wants to be the last to be moved.
4. The ravens and the people have chosen their king... you manage to show so subtly that Fíli has support all around him.
5. Goodness, Elrond... Two chaperones... Over-protective much? But wow, what a burden foresight must be.
5. Estel in his late 20s. What a perfect mental image to take to bed with me tonight :)
| Pericula Ludus chapter 5 . 7/30/2014
Just one more while I have my tea and then I'll do some more work, promise...
1. Ah, Fíli... he thinks like a leader, he just doesn't want to see it...
2. The scene of Thorin and Bilbo's reconciliation was the one that really stood out for me when The Hobbit was first read to me. To see what happens when it's missing is tough.
3. Grefur. Politicians making the place look untidy. I'll remember that line for the next time one of them shows up at my doorstep trying to make me vote one way or another on referendum day.
4. "We are all allowed to grieve." That really resonates with me. Thanks for your accurate but concise depiction of grief in all its different facets.
5. Time for the boys to grow up! I love how you feature the young generation. Kíli thinking strategically, Legolas defying his father - perfect!
| Beside Moonlight chapter 10 . 7/29/2014
Wow. All the imagery in this last scene is breathtaking. I can almost feel as if I am there. I also loved the bit about Fili being worried about other dwarves seeing him so wounded, and the words of advice Estel gives him. I also love the fact that when Fili sees the other injured dwarves in the crowd, he feels such a kinship with them.
In short, thank you so much for being such a dedicated author.