Reviews for Scenes from the Abbey
Guest chapter 12 . 4/20/2015
Oh I love the whole of this fic so so so so so much!
JamesLuver chapter 12 . 10/13/2014
Oh, bless Anna. Can't have been the greatest of experiences for her!
JamesLuver chapter 11 . 10/8/2014
Again, loved the idea of a restrained John vs an unrestrained John, and how different people view him. I do love the fact that Anna is the only one privy to the more passionate side of him, and the heat in this chapter was very welcome!
JamesLuver chapter 10 . 10/8/2014
Cute! I loved the contrast of John before marriage and John after marriage. His more carefree nature after is wonderful to behold.
JamesLuver chapter 9 . 10/5/2014
This was so funny! Bless oblivious Molesley. And I will always love racy Anna. Love her boldness her, asking John such a personal question without Molesley being any the wiser!
JamesLuver chapter 8 . 10/4/2014
Poor old Molesley. I felt so sorry for him here, even if the thought of a baby Bates fills me with joy. Thank goodness he has Miss Baxter now to mend his broken heart!
JamesLuver chapter 7 . 10/2/2014
Very hot! Loved the passion between them, and John's funny description of what their child would be like. And Anna requesting that they make a little Scottish Bates, yes please! Beautiful imagery here.
JamesLuver chapter 6 . 10/1/2014
Anna calling John her hero was the sweetest. I especially loved the line, "Watch your tongue, Mr. Bates, you're talking about the man I'm in love with."
JamesLuver chapter 5 . 9/28/2014
Interesting take on the scene. I like that he fought back when the girls tried to give him a white feather too, since he knows what war is really like.
JamesLuver chapter 4 . 9/26/2014
You captured Ethel perfectly here, that mix of obnoxious and naive. A nice scene between the two of them!
JamesLuver chapter 3 . 9/24/2014
How bittersweet in light of what we did get in series four. I think we'll get a baby one day, just not until near the end of the show. Anyway, I loved that John came in to support her, and that they held their baby together for the first time. That was beautiful.
JamesLuver chapter 2 . 9/23/2014
Wow, this is a really interesting premise, and so sad. My heart broke for Gwen, being so excited and so oblivious to what she would find when she got to the Bateses.
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
I just love the image of John cradling little George on his chest and reading to him. Just too cute.
theglamourfades chapter 11 . 4/26/2013
Haha, I'm sorry for making you a liar! But really I'm not, because this was wonderful. I love unrestrained John! And especially that his lack of restraint started on their wedding night, yay! But also, how it carried through to his arrest and being in prison, that was a bittersweet twist and still so true. But I'm very glad that unrestraint can be shown in much happier circumstances now. I wonder if Mrs Hughes really would be shocked...
Alkd chapter 12 . 4/26/2013
Poor Anna! I laughed with John at Anna's pruney-ness.