Reviews for Cold Wars
Littwink chapter 1 . 8/10
This is so sad! Gosh, I've never seen a RotG Cold War fic. It makes me wonder if there's a Stalingrad one. General Winter and all that. Thanks!
Serami Nefera chapter 1 . 8/4
This is astounding and horrific to read. I could easily see this happening... Jack being ignored by those he had needed help from. Pitch tormenting him. In the end Jack would have to resort to avoidance in order to save his sanity.
Lady Leaf8 chapter 1 . 6/29
Wow.. this left me speechless for a good 10 minutes.
This story really delivers a solid impact on being traumatizing, poor Jack.
The use of repetition throughout the story is really, really amazing. This can be used as a great example of once of the uses for repetition in writing. It really draws attention to the little things being repeated over and over that would be easily looked over if it had only happened once.
I also really like this including the history of what was happening during the time up to the point of the huge snowstorm during 1968. It gets very interesting when one considers how much history the immortals have seen and lived through and how it can impact them.
It's a bit weird, I feel immensely sorry for Jack and am very... subdued? But I don't feel like crying which is what normally happens whenever someone goes through a very traumatizing event/series of events.
Anyways, this is a very impressive story.
Though if this was taken as canon, I do wonder how you would explain how Jack came to be as cheerful and heartfelt as he was in the movie, because it seems that he (for lack of a better word) 'became' mad. (It really reminded me of Skip Beat! episode 19 in which the angel descended into madness after saving her friend by committing her first sin: killing the devil). Would it just have happened naturally through the progression of 40 years going by or other things? Then again, I haven't watched the movie in a couple years, so... *shrugs*
I know one thing, I will not forget this story for a very long time.
Sincerely,
Lady Leaf8
Conan Shinichi Lover chapter 1 . 6/27
YOU MAKE JACK LOOK LIKE A FUCKING PSYCHOPATH! I LOVE YOUR STORIES, BUT THIS IS TAKING IT A BIT TOO FAR!
ShadowRose-SCW chapter 1 . 5/7
Oh, wow. This is heartbreaking and so ... realistic. Jack sounds like he's going mad.
lily chapter 1 . 5/5
Oh, Ouch.
TheEdifier chapter 1 . 5/4
Wow. wow. Not much I can say. This fic is well written; you did a wonderful job with the mix of history and character study. The repetition in the story adds so much; adding parallels while also an appropriate tool to show Jack's mental state.

Thank you for the work you put into this story, it shows.
That... Was he best story I've ever read... It was just so... POWERFUL! It really illustrates the horrors of war and the need for it to all STOP! I love it and I want you to know you are powerful and you can really make a difference.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/31/2015
..genuinely think this fic is the most gut wrenching i have ever read
Guest chapter 1 . 4/4/2015
I've read this so many times. I (and a friend), when rating how heartbreaking a story is, go "okay, so on a scale of cracky fluff to Cold Wars…". We've basically adopted this into headcanon.
Every time I read it, I find a new detail that starts off the crying fit. One time it was the difference between people who can't see him… and people who don't. This time it was "Jack would always remember those faces".
It hurts to read this. It hurts a lot. It breaks my heart into pieces, but in a way that reminds me of why I love stories in general.
Thank you.
The Lord of Chaos chapter 1 . 3/1/2015
Wow, this f#$%ed me up. Good job. Very unique writing style. "They were all my children." Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/1/2015
Well this F #$ed me up. Good job. Very unique writing style, it's refreshing. "They were all my children." Very nice.
Dustflame chapter 1 . 11/27/2014
That was rather depressing. But its a very interesting take on Jack's personality.
LDK chapter 1 . 11/11/2014
Wow. Great take on war, of specific types as well, from a familiar yet oh-so-changed perspective. Really get to see how wars effect the children. Love it. Thanks for writing this, great fic that really gets you thinking.
VerA Howell chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
I love this. ThAt is All.
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »