Reviews for Blood On Their Hands- The 250th Games
MepMerpMeep chapter 2 . 10/30/2013
I really enjoy the format of this chapter- I think each bit is a bit too short, but the writing style is fantastic and they leave you with cliffhangers: is Rye going to volunteer? What's going to happen in District Ten? How will the little girl from One fair (not well...)?
This was, overall a great chapter (could be better, it's just a little too short) and I think this stry can only get better.
MepMerpMeep chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
This is a great chapter, Rue. I really do like this twist, since I've never seen a good story with younger tributes. You're a good writer, so I look forward to reading the rest of your story, since the ideas you put forth already interest me.
HybridsRose chapter 18 . 10/1/2013
Erm, I thought it was pretty obvious Siren had won, and after reading this chapter I'm more then certain. Since Pisces was the tribute she had an affair with in her Games, so it would make more sense that the name rings warning bells to Siren. But if I do get it wrong, and it turns out Adeline is the victor, can you tell me and explain to me why?

-XxTigerlilyxX

P.S. May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favour as well :)
HybridsRose chapter 16 . 10/1/2013
Wow, so Siren wins? I guess she's not as boring afterall, in fact, these last chapters have coloured her character a bit. The ending was unexpected, I thought Adeline would win since the odds were really in her favour, but I suppose it is the Hunger Games, and unexpected twists happen.
HybridsRose chapter 15 . 10/1/2013
Whoa, so Hyacinth was dead? That's sad, I was rather hoping (and as you could tell by the reviews) that Hyacinth would kill Siren, not the other way around. I guess it's because Siren was so inactive during her depression it made her a less interesting character then Hyacinth. Anyway, now that she's dead, I hope for Marcus to win. He seems more interesting then Adeline or Siren at the moment.
HybridsRose chapter 14 . 10/1/2013
Whoa, so this story was actually published before the 225 Games? I didn't realize that xD Actually, I thought that one was first, which was why I read it before this one!

So, are you going to do the 200th games after you've done the 225 one?

Anyway, I'm glad Rockelle's died. A life for a life, so they say. And now the one I most want to win would be Hyacinth.
HybridsRose chapter 13 . 10/1/2013
Wow, the game maker chapter was intense. Okay, maybe I was wrong saying Oktober shouldn't be head game maker, but the extract from Genisius' POV really made me think otherwise.

And I think Siren's just ... not doing much, I hope Hyacinth kills her off soon.
HybridsRose chapter 12 . 10/1/2013
OH! Double betrayal! First Oktober plans on betraying Indigo and killing him, but Indigo ends up betraying her plans and killing her instead! I like that, and I'm glad she's out for one. But if she's out, that means the only one left to become the next head game maker would be: Indigo himself!

As for Carissa, I felt really sorry for her when the jabberjays started their singing again. I can't see why she can't just kill them with her knives or something. That'll stop the singing.
HybridsRose chapter 11 . 10/1/2013
Ah, thanks for the recap. I was needing it.

Now that both Shimmer and Jenna (the two characters that really stuck to my head - Jenna being the one I wanted to win) are dead, I'd go for Marcus, Carissa, then Adeline.

Anyway, I thought Oktober's POV was most certainly interesting, but yet I don't want her to succeed. It mentions she's been taking drugs and what not to keep herself awake throughout the Games so far (which is seven days), so maybe her body would feel the effects of it, or she'll take an overdose and she'll die? Meaning the end of the treacherous murders with the game makers? I'd like that, for I think she's too mentally unstable as a character to truly become a successful game maker.

As for Hyacinth, I think her POV is also interesting. A bit silly of her to really believe a nine year old girl could win, but she has the right motivation to win, because if she isn't, she's going to let down her family of victors.
HybridsRose chapter 10 . 10/1/2013
Haha, I remember the Recap Chap in the last story. Anyway, I thought this one was interesting. It's funny, because not only is the tension getting high in the Games, but it also is with the game makers. I feel the tensions getting extremely high there too, and it's also slightly comical in a way.
HybridsRose chapter 9 . 10/1/2013
Aw, I thought Josh would survive because I thought after he threw up all the blood in the last chapter, he was also expelling the poison from his body, but it turns out no. Probably the poison already affected him, and it was what causing the vomiting.

Anyway, I thought Riana and Jonathan's deaths were actually good in this chapter. The tension's too high, and I'm glad Riana was finished off. She was getting too dangerous for the career pack to keep on any longer, and her death was an unexpected one. I was more expecting the career pack to finish her off instead, so her death gave me quite a shock!
HybridsRose chapter 8 . 10/1/2013
As I've already answered that question in the last chapter, I won't answer it again in this one xD

I found Krystel's death most interesting actually, it's funny because the game makers almost seem to be in a mini Hunger Games themselves, where they try to murder each other to gain victory. And I wonder if Krystel's murder would affect the course of the Hunger Games - maybe the game makers will be too distracted to properly moniter the happenings in the arena?
HybridsRose chapter 7 . 10/1/2013
I don't find your writing morbid. I find it nice, though I think you should probably change the rating of this story to a M. It's hard to imagine people of the younger age spectrum of PG to be reading this.

Anyway, I thought the last line was satircal and sad, how just when Rosalie is saved, Josh well...killed himself. I wonder how she's going to fare the rest of the Games, and the scandal with the careers was certainly interesting. It's sad Tyler had to die when all he was doing was telling the truth, but at least Pisces died with him.

P.S. PO11
HybridsRose chapter 6 . 10/1/2013
Hmm, I thought this chapter was interesting, especially the romance between Krystel and Indigo. I don't think that's ever been explored before regarding game makers, and I thought the betrayal with the career pack was interesting. I wonder how that's going to play out with the capitol audience!
HybridsRose chapter 5 . 10/1/2013
Yay! Jenna is still alive by the end of this chapter, that's good, I like her :D
And Shimmer died. I thought her death was well written and sad, she was one of the characters that stuck to my head from chapter one, and her personality was really prominent throughout this story. It's sad such a fleshed out character had to die.

As for Lynx/Nixxie, his/her death was sad too. It was a pity he/she didn't think to invent a trap or something in the arena at all. And I would vote, except I think the poll has long finished.