Reviews for Surviving is Just Step One
Maylenchen chapter 24 . 3/20
Thanks for this Story!
It was great. Especially the feelings and thoughts were written really beautifull.
Kiera chapter 24 . 1/19
You are a wonderful writer, I've said that before...I will point out, that you go out of way to "explain away" the callous selfish service-to-self aspects of Sams' character, based on your own, more compassionate, Service-To-Others mentality.

But seriously, if Amelia's husband hadn't been there...c'mon...Sam would have had his ass instantly parked on her couch, with the dog in their laps, and "oh yeah, Dean? Kinda miss the guy as he used to open my beer for me. And he was my substitute Mother. AND Father."

What you portray in your stories is a very accurate Dean, but a very inaccurately fluffy version of Sam, along the lines as if he cared about Dean as a "lover" would.
You try very hard to present Sam as a character with highly redeeming qualities.

But, Nah. Sam is just not there, yet.

And Sam is most certainly NOT motivated by being totally destroyed emotionally by the loss of Dean. As he ends up being perfectly fine and functional, EACH time Dean dies, disappears, whatever.
Your version of Sam is very lovely, and it is a pure reflection of your own qualities - but that just ain't Sam, in his entirety - all his "dark" traits, included.
VicariousWindows chapter 24 . 8/9/2015
Noooooo it's over! What will I do?! This was one of my favorite fics ever. I mean I love all your stuff, love the adventure and the relentless whumpage and brother moments. And this one had so much suspense! I was on edge about so many Cliffies but also unable to bear the dramatic irony. Will Sam find out Dean talked to Amelia? Omg! The canon/fanon needed this story too because we never got to truly see enough of Dean's time in Purgatory with Cas and Benny. I was so mad at Sam for being so selfish about it all, but Cas was right - Sam would watch out for Dean better than anyone, and even when Dean pushes him away he's always there. Oh I also loved that Cas intervened with the search and rescue. Sometimes when I'm writing I struggle with bringing Cas in as a deus ex machina to work his miracles, but you handled it so well! He couldn't do everything he wanted, but he knew Sam would do the rest. I have a better appreciation for this whole era in The Show now, and I thank you for giving us this gem! You're an amazingly talented writer and better than that you know how to keep giving us what we hope for at every turn! Don't ever apologize for adding more chapters. I've walked down the street to my apartment reading your story, gotten to my door, and stood outside of it for 15, 20 minutes longer, literally unable to stop reading long enough to get my key out and let myself in.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/27/2015
I'm currently reading another one of your stories so it might take a while till I'm finished with this one. But I must say so far I like it. I was really disappointed with the way the show handled Dean's hell traumatization. A nightmare here and there and that was it. I mean I knew they had more important things to tend to but still, I was sad. So the purgatory storyline became one of my favorites. But needless to say I was disappointed too. I wanted more sadness, more pain, more PTSD if that makes sense. Although, of course I'm glad Dean was...well, functioning. I'm talking too much. Point is, I like where this is going and I like the way you're making all this more realistic, regarding Dean and his memories from purgatory.
Guest chapter 24 . 6/12/2015
Awesome!
Guest chapter 24 . 5/29/2015
This is my favorite supernatural story I've ever read. Your description of the brother, their love, is flawless.
Plus I was pretty upset about Sam not looking for Dean and this is EXACTLY what I wanted to see! Thank you for such a fabulous story!
Guest chapter 7 . 3/1/2015
I appreciate your effort on writing this but it just seems like you try to write your own question and answer them by yourself regarding to what happen to dean in purgatory rather then peeking through sam's or dean's character themselves. Pardon me, they are so out of character here. Not to mention benny and cas. You hold grudge against sam, didn't you?
Guest chapter 24 . 1/1/2015
Loved reading this.
OneInsomniaticHoosier chapter 24 . 12/16/2014
this is amazing. please keep writing.
Danaa chapter 14 . 12/15/2014
The end of this chapter always takes me by surprise. :D
I'm reading towards the end, all fluffy feelings, nice and warm. Feels like a nice end. And then I see that it's only chapter 14 out of 24.
Cheers. :D
rmttts chapter 24 . 11/18/2014
You have no idea no much I enjoyed this. It was just soo damn PERFECT. And your characters are on spot. *applause*
brightflare chapter 24 . 11/16/2014
Excellent story!
gr8read chapter 23 . 9/19/2014
Still one of the all time great stories, that I am currently re-reading.
Mendai Decovrii chapter 10 . 9/13/2014
Ok, in all honesty MUCH AS I ADORE Dean Winchester, I don't think I could do it. I'm actually entirely with Dean on this one. If not killing the Wendigo himself, coming up with some other plan other than using the hikers as friggin' /bait/. Yes, Dean's important. But murder is never okay, in my book.
Having said that, I am really loving your story! It's bringing up all sorts of lovely brother moments, and Dean love opportunities, and it's awesome. I can't wait to see where the rest of the story leads!
GrayWolf84 chapter 24 . 7/30/2014
This was such a fantastic story - you did such a brilliant job of exploring Dean's time in Purgatory and how that affected him, while still sticking with canon and doing a beautiful job working on the relationship between the boys. I'm sorry I couldn't review every chapter - but wow, I was just so impressed. Thank you!