Reviews for I prefer the sound of the ocean
KindKelsey chapter 1 . 9/22/2015
This is amazing. I have no other words.
consultingsorcererof221B chapter 1 . 8/19/2015
I love arc reactor stories, this was no exception
Guest chapter 1 . 8/16/2015
Wow this was an amazing fic!
cradily chapter 1 . 7/22/2015
Well, that was breath-taking and heart-wrenching all at once. An interesting premise, with fantastic delivery and enough emotional weight to really invest the reader. Excellent work.
microscope chapter 1 . 6/15/2015
I'm seriously floored by all of your work. You're a very amazing writer.
lemonChocolate chapter 1 . 3/11/2014
Wow. This is amazing. It's well thought out deep and personal, and the concept is so clever. I love it
Agnomen Loki chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
Wonderful insight into the arc reactor. I always had a head canon that itnwould be a constant pain.
sami1010220 chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
That was absolutely fantastic. It was easy to read, and yet the writing itself was beautiful in it's simplicity., almost poetic. Your character was well rounded and whole, and the idea for the story was original in both it's concept and it's style.
doctorjay chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
Very well done. As a person with arthritis, I can relate at least a tiny bit to having pain that diminishes, but never really goes away.
bobcorby chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
Just found this and loved it - thanks for sharing :)
InfluentialPineapple chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Absolutely fantastic depiction of the pain scale and told from a view point that really makes you sympathize with Tony. As though you are him. Incredible descriptive ability made this an engaging read. You captured certain aspects of living with such a traumatic injury that I would have never even considered. You even explained Tony's apprehension to being handed things and made it believable and not as ridiculous as it seemed. Thank you for this!

P.S. To all doctors out there: bringing my pain down to a scale of 4 and considering this tolerable is unacceptable. I don't want to feel my face!
Elizabeth chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
Fantastic job!
Steve the Icecube chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
DAMN IT WHY DO YOU WRITE SO WELL *sob sob* I honestly really, really wish I could write like you do. Even though depression isn't my strongest point in writing I kinda wish it was. I can't write amazing things like this with characters and a bit of romance :( Amazing as always. :) - Coal
Post U Later chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Oh Man, Poor Tony. I Couldn't Imagine Being In Constant Pain. I Think I'd Have Gone Gone Crazy.

I Did Like How Steve Saw Though Tony's Fa├žade. & How It Kinda Showed Their Progression Into Friendship Was Very Nice.

If Possible, I'd Like To See A Sequel. Maybe A Specific Incident Where Tony's Gets Maybe An 8 Or 9 In Front Of The Team. I'd Like To See Their Reactions To Him Have A Prescription For Pain Meds.

Really Great Story. Very Nicely Written. X3
Harmy52 chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
"Whoever is around you has to learn the rules. You don't explain them and if they ask, you raise your eyebrow perfectly and let them think whatever they want, that it's your issues, it's your narcissism, it's your eccentricity; anything goes. You keep smiling but you don't back off.

No hugs. No back-patting.

(Of course you can do both and sometimes you let it happen, but it's not pleasant and more times than not you have to stop yourself from letting a pained grimace flicker through your face. There is no need to make yourself exposed to possibilities. A small friendly gesture but it can be painful and humiliating and you hate it.)"

As someone who suffers from chronic pain this is shockingly accurate. Most people do not get what it is like, to never be free of pain. It's been eleven months since my last 0, I mostly linger between 3 and 6. I've luckily never had an attack beyond 8. Constant pain wrecks more than just your sanity, it ruins friendships, your attitude, any positive outlook you might have had, everything. People understand that you're in pain, for a while. Eventually they forget though, that it is [i]constant[/i] pain. There is no escape from it, at least not permanent. This story captures that surprisingly well.

Thank you for writing this.