Reviews for Girls Night Out
anon chapter 46 . 4/6/2015
This story was amazing. I so enjoyed your characterization of Jo. I laughed with her, yelled at her and maybe sniffled a time of two. I loved her relationships with Madge, Annie, Katniss and Gale. It really was so nice to see how it evolved and changed and strengthened over the years. I so wish I had gone to college now just for this friendship aspect of it. Jo and Peeta were so interesting together, especially the funeral scene. I think that was the first time I really thought about how alike they were, what kind of support they were for each other without the other characters. I really like Brue and Angus. Angus made me smile, he made me believe in living life. Brue made me believe that love was worth a chance. I think I had forgotten that over the years. Whoa, this turned into a serious post and that was not my intention. Let's stop that now.

Anyway, I enjoyed the story and the food. If you have the recipes posted somewhere, I'd like a link if you don't mind. I'm always hungry when I finish reading a chapter. I'm going to miss the food almost as much as I'm going to miss Jo.

Thanks for sharing your talent.
Famousfremus chapter 46 . 4/6/2015
Oh S, I enjoyed every moment, whether it was just reading (and laughing at all of your silly 80's references), or helping you work through a tough patch of dialogue. I am so happy this story brought us together, and I can't wait for our next adventure!
Famousfremus chapter 45 . 4/6/2015
'Lusty Mollusk' should have been the name of the boat. ;) I am so ridiculously happy with this ending, and that I stumbled across this story so long ago. Your vision brought them all to life so vividly that I feel like I was there with them for the ride. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing tale with the rest of us!
ImagoBeginsAgain chapter 46 . 4/5/2015
Now that I'm back from my vacation and free of safety concerns about posting on public social media, I can admit that I stopped in the middle of the Disney California Adventure theme park to read the final chapter as soon as the notification came across my phone. So, you know, you get at least one vote for "better than Disneyland". ;-)
Reader701 chapter 44 . 4/5/2015
I've waited a while to read this chapter because I wanted to wait until things were resolved - I couldn't take another cliffhanger! The funeral was beautiful and made me cry. I'm glad to see Jo realizing the truths in her life and letting her guard down.
Prizz chapter 45 . 4/4/2015
I've read the whole story again coz i dont want to part with it yet. I want to prolong the moment. This is the only fic Ive read thats not solely Everlark. I enjoyed every character, even OCs and their lives from Jo' POV. They all have come a long way. Im so glad they are all happy in this ending. It is well deserved.

Thank you for sharing this with us. This is an achievement! Just look at that word count! :-) I hope to read from you again soon. Kudos!
theycallmeQueen chapter 45 . 4/3/2015
AHHHH! I love this story so much and I'm a little devastated that this story is over. Thank you for writing this beauty! Your writing and this story is absolutely brilliant! I loved every moment of reading and rereading this story and this story if hands down in my top 10 favorite HG fanfics. I loved how you portrayed the characters and I loved your parallels and adaptions of the canon storyline, especially in chapters 40-42. NGL, I don't have a tumblr account but I started trolling you tumblr(s) looking for hints of updates and I stayed for the smut. I really hope that even though the story is over this isn't the last time we see your GNO crew. I can't wait for what you have coming for us next and I'm so excited for PAM and The Hunter!

p.s. Your number and creativity of euphemisms for the P and the V were impressive and highly entertaining. I applaud you!
Varin chapter 45 . 4/3/2015
You did it. It's finished and it's awesome! You did an excellent job of keeping the core of the HG characters' personalities. Your original characters were not MarySues. They were developed and fleshed out. (I normally hate romances between OCs and canons, but I adore Jo and Brue.)

There were times I cried my eyes out and other times I laughed until I couldn't breathe. More laughter than tears, definitely. Thank you for all your hard work and I hope you keep writing. I'll definitely want to read it. (Especially if you want to write up Peeta's recipes. They sounded delicious.)
Guest chapter 46 . 4/3/2015
Thank you so much for this story. You built beautiful characterizations and a story that felt true and honest and I hope you know that the many hours you spent researching and writing are much appreciated. This was the first story that I kept bookmarked on all my devices and I always, always dropped everything to read the new chapters. I'm looking forward to your new stories which I'm sure I will love as much as I loved this one. Much thanks.
spectacularmadness chapter 45 . 4/3/2015
I just want to say that this story has been one hell of a ride. With the highs and lows of each character and in the end they all come out okay and happy. I really enjoyed reading each chapter despite the fact that I never once left a comment or review until now. And that makes me feel bad. I've been reading your stories for a long while now and I don't think I've ever left a review here or on Tumblr. But I want you to know that you're an amazing writer. I can't wait to read more of your works FanFiction or originals. They're always a joy to read despite the emotional turmoil you put your characters though. Lol.

Thank you for your talent and sharing it with us. And I say wholeheartedly.

xx
spectacularmadness / Natalie
Mscallo chapter 45 . 4/2/2015
WOW... You really did such a great job on this story. Sad to see it end. The outcome for Jo was way beyond what I expected. She came about full circle- not only on herself but on the one s around her. This story was amazing to me since it was Jo 's story and not Katniss and Peeta .. It was a nice change. Lots of work for you(as the writer) and all your other helpers for this story. Question- Jo never did tell Brue about what had happened to her younger sister did she? Thanks for such an amazing story- it was well worth the ride.
aaltena26 chapter 45 . 4/2/2015
Oh I loved it! Kind of sad it's over though. I love Brue and Jo together.
NinjaJacq chapter 46 . 4/2/2015
I'm crying here! This was a beautiful story but also fun. It's amazing to see such well written diversity and your intense writing a researching most certainly paid off. Congratulations on such an awesome story. While I'm sad to see it go I'm also greatly looking forward to your new works. Best of luck with your original novel too - I'm looking forward to hearing more about it! Thank you for a wonderful journey.
obsessedchick44 chapter 46 . 4/1/2015
omg I can only imagine how much research and time and effort you put into this story. but I believe that it was all worth it, I loved this story so much
obsessedchick44 chapter 45 . 4/1/2015
OMG SO SO AMAZING I LOVED IT! and all of your characterization. I hope you will comings writing !
931 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »