Reviews for Girls Night Out
JabberJayJiffy chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
Whoah! Totally love it! :)
Estoma chapter 17 . 8/9/2013
Looks like I'm up to date with the story so far. I'm definitely looking forward to the next few chapters now you've cleared the way for Johanna and Brue, and also started to introduce Finnick/Annie.

Estoma chapter 16 . 8/9/2013
Mmm, some nice lemoney flavour there ;)

I forgot to mention earlier, isn't it a bit odd the 'the lion' sent Johanna a letter, and she responded to him? I just feel that's a little bit strange from sone's grandfather that she met once.

Estoma chapter 15 . 8/9/2013
Oh goodness, I love hearing about Annie. I'm really looking forward to seeing some progress there!

So many trials with parents. You've written it very well from that angsty teenage perspective.

Estoma chapter 14 . 8/9/2013
Oh goodness, Peeta is just gorgeous, isn't he? Hope he doesn't get a fever too. I love the way you did a play on the cave scene from the first book there. Nice little details.
Estoma chapter 13 . 8/8/2013
So many emotional developments here! I am really interested to see the way this is going.

Estoma chapter 12 . 8/8/2013
Ah, now I could have used someone like Finn to scoop me off the floor last night. Might not be feeling quite so undignified right now if that had happened. Definitely need a few more men with a bit of chivalry.

Your drunk characters are all nicely realistic, especially Johanna. You can definitely recognise some different stages of drunkness in her, and it's so true it's making me cringe.

Estoma chapter 11 . 8/8/2013
Uh oh, getting some drama happening here now! The way in which Johanna told Brian she loved him, I thought was excellent. Her emotion and her dilema and all were so very real, you can definitely feel for her.

Also, I am very interested to find out what was going on with Finn. I am hoping maybe we are going to hear a bit about Annie?

Estoma chapter 10 . 8/8/2013
Peeta takes his baking really seriously? He sounds like me with packet mix cake. Urgh!

I really like the way you're slowly revealing bits about Johanna's sister, and I'm definitely looking forward to (is that the write phrase, no, probably not, but still) finding out the full story. You're definitely making the readers work for it!

Just some dialogue punctuation here: ["Nice car." I say begrudgingly.] I noticed a few more instances, but not many at all.

Estoma chapter 9 . 8/8/2013
Ah, I really like the way you've harked back to the tributes having a token from home, and saying goodbye to their families in the Justice Building. It's nice when AUs can have those little echoes back to canon.

Estoma chapter 8 . 8/8/2013
Oh goodness, really should have stopped reading a while ago; I am wasting so much time when I have other stuff to do, but I am really enjoying this so much. It's taking me right back to the first year of university, when I was so excited to see my parents after months apart and all that.

Your characters are so identifiable, I love it.

Estoma chapter 7 . 8/8/2013
A bit of progress here, I quite like it. Though I missed Johanna's point of view. She's such a sassy, fun gal the way you write her.

Estoma chapter 6 . 8/8/2013
I think I am enjoying this way too much!

I'll look forward to reading some more tomorrow.

Estoma chapter 5 . 8/8/2013
Oh my goodness, I'm sitting here and cackling away like a mad old woman. I love it!

It was such a light chapter, but there's that really serious stuff between Peeta and Johanna. My only criticism was that they were all a bit too lighthearted after that. I was really surprised when Peeta smiled right after Johanna told him that her sister drowned.

Finnick as god of the sea? Yes. Yes please. Mmmm.

Estoma chapter 4 . 8/8/2013
Yes, yes, definitely hitting up the on-campus bar tonight. Mmmm. Some nice first year uni boys maybe? Preferably not for the science faculty. If only it were summer and I'd be cruising the beach to scope out the lifeguards.

This is just such a fun story to read, I'm really enjoying it. It's so light, but then we've got this darkness with Johanna not wanting to swim, and her sister who is no longer with her. I'm really eager to find out about that whole story arc.

910 | « Prev Page 1 .. 38 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 58 .. Last Next »