Reviews for Umbreytingu
CleverAsEver chapter 1 . 7/13
(When I said ‘don’t write fanfic anymore’, I meant for HTTYD... Just realized you’ve actually been active writing in other fandoms recently. Just hope you read this (and other) reviews and realize just what a masterpiece you’ve written here.)
CleverAsEver chapter 24 . 7/13
I know that you probably don’t write fanfic anymore and that you probably won’t read this review, but I just wanted to say - thank you for writing such a masterpiece.

I wasn’t quite sure what to expect when I opened this story. I expected maybe some funny scenes as Toothless learns how to be human, some fluff perhaps - just a typical fluff fic.

What I got, though, was one of the most touching and moving stories I’ve ever read.

The way you portray the friendship - or rather brotherhood - between Hiccup and Toothless is incredibly touching. Through your writing one can feel the unique bond the two share, one that I’d call indescribable if not for the fact that you’ve actually managed to describe and capture it in writing. I’ve always loved fics that explore the relationship between Hiccup and Toothless, but this one in particular takes the cake.

Your writing is absolutely incredible. I laughed when Toothless goofed off, cried when Toothless died and was reunited with Hiccup in Chapters 19 and 20 - about that, I’ve never read a more touching or well-written scene on . Every possible emotion - you managed it all. Over the course of 24 chapters, you’ve turned what could essentially be classed as a crack fic prompt into a touching story about friendship and brotherhood and love and so much more.

Thank you so much for this contribution to the HTTYD fandom.

-CAE
Boy are you glad you couldn't see or hear me read noises that I was making while I flopped around like a fish were not human... or Dragon... or even sea serpent. It was a great ride. Imma come back to read it again along with a bunch of your other stories later. I need sleep. (Can't believe I forgot about this fic. It hit me when Toothless died that I had read this before. Granted that it wasn't finished back then as that had been the last chapter... No way I'm going to forget about it this time. I'm pretty sure I tried to forget about it because he'd died and actually managed to.)
Love the story, very original take, very interesting to read.

You forgot to translate Ablinna(bp).
levi.hall.9279 chapter 24 . 6/2
Excellent story I thoroughly enjoyed it
A beautiful story as always, it's still a lovely read even after the twenty seventh time I have done so.
PurpleNerd03 chapter 24 . 3/25
I LOVE IT! That was a fun ride. You actually made human Toothless work! I love it XD I read this story for only a day because it was soooooo gooood. I
Checkingdude chapter 23 . 3/20
Okay, I totally could just picture Benor with a top hat, mustache, and cane. Just walking around going, “Jolly good day gents.”
TheLegendaryBlackDragonKnight chapter 17 . 2/23
The only thing I can hear whenever Rædwit (The Night Fury, not The Illusionist) speaks is Clancy Brown (Cortex and Lex Luthor). Anyone else hear the same thing? Like with Ru, you can hear Ian Mckellen, Captain Lech you can hear Brian Murray as John Silver (Treasure Planet 2002) but does anyone else hear Clancy Brown when He speaks or is it just me?
Whatcha chapter 17 . 2/13
I love the reference to the original series!
Whatcha chapter 7 . 2/12
I am a linguiphile, so this is absolutely fascinating! And you are right. CANON dragonese would have had me laughing so hard I couldn't read! And we wouldn't want that, would we?
Whatcha chapter 6 . 2/12
This one made me cry...
Whatcha chapter 1 . 2/12
I agree with practically everything you said in your A/N.
SpectralNutmeg chapter 24 . 12/24/2017
I can't remember if I've reviewed this story before (I've certainly read it more than once), but just to be safe, I'll do it again.

Here's my two cents: It's a wonderful story. You made a human Toothless work so well. His character and backstory were believable and despite his sudden species change, he somehow remained in-character. He was always himself, and this made his relationship with Hiccup all the more touching.

And speaking of Hiccup, his characterization was spot-on too! Even Stoick was great. I was just more impressed with Toothless, because you built so much on the very little information provided by the movies.

As far as I'm concerned, your fic is my new cannon.

Great work!
TheLegendaryBlackDragonKnight chapter 1 . 12/3/2017
Is it alright if I make my own Version of this Story? I am writing the First Chapter and I put a Warning that I Mean no Copyright Infringement to you and to read your story to Understand the Concept of a Non Slash "Toothless becomes Human" Story

The only differences are that it is set in my "Knights Of The Dragon Riders" Universe and I Consider this Story to be "Canon" because there are moments that were modified to fit in with my Soon-to-be Trilogy of Stories revolving around Drayko Ryder's Vengeance on The Hairy Hooligans

Oh Yeah, I'm using the Old English/Anglo Saxon translator for "Dragonese" as well, It's no wonder why I call this Your 1# Best Seller from Dreamworks Dragons Franchise