Reviews for nine2five 1,16 Significant Others
Molotov chapter 3 . 5/10/2014
During the Morgan medal scene, I had a hard time following the dialogue. It was difficult to tell who had initiated the speaking, Alex or Casey. Sometimes you label it, sometimes I can get it via context clues, and sometimes I am very lost.
Dsn246 chapter 3 . 3/27/2014
I find it interesting that you are combining episodes now with your own spin on things, it is very entertaining.
resaw chapter 4 . 9/8/2013
Ch. 1.
Okay. Now I understand why Alex was hurt. “It’s classified.” A dirty word (phrase) to her based on her experience of trying to find out what happened to her dad.

A lot of “action” in your first chapter of this episode. I don’t understand what Sarah lied about, though. She was not happy to get her husband back home?

When Chuck sat bolt upright upon hearing the name “Alex Coburn,” are you suggesting that he flashed? That seems implicit in his reaction, but I guess I’m looking for confirmation….

Ch. 2.
It was not immediately clear to me who knew what about John Casey being Alex Coburn. Before Chuck was interrupted, I got the impression he was going to say that the Intersect did not have sufficient info on Alex Coburn to know who he was. On the other hand, it seems like Carina would have liked to have known about the Coburn name in advance so that she could mess with Casey, so it seems like she knows, and it therefore appears to me that Sarah knows Casey’s original identity as well. And then the conversation between Chuck and Ellie suggests that he does know the truth and now Ellie knows the truth, too.

I like the protective Casey sussing out Morgan as he’s making pancakes and waffles. It’s somewhat removed from Benihana chef, but why not?

Painful flashes: Not an element of season 3 that I was very enamored with at the time, but on the other hand, it was something that made eminent sense given what the Intersect was doing inside his head.

Ch. 3.
Once again, I like how Carina is portrayed in this story. She’s still got her devil-may-care attitude on display at times, but she’s also more human, less a caricature, more compassionate. I guess that is owed to the fact that she went through a kind of baptism and rebirth with her teammates.

Oh, Alex! Your words know more than you do about Casey. I liked that piece.

This may be a personal preference, but I’m not a big fan of dream sequences. I think you do a fine job of presenting yours, but it’s not generally what appeals to me in a story, either televised or written. I guess I also felt that Leo Dreyfus was less than he could have been in the TV series, although he had his moments. Christopher Lloyd could have done so much more with the character.

Ch. 4. The Manhattan Project (haha)
On the other hand, you allow Dreyfus to dig into Chuck’s dream more, or perhaps let Chuck elaborate on the dream more in front of Dreyfus, and I like that. Marasca Cherry… ah, yes, the snobby consumers of Manhattan cocktails.

I’m glad that Carina mentions Hannah. It suggests to me that she has fully captured the relationships here, and understands her place as Sarah’s friend is secure.

Nice variation on trapping the tiger.

Cliffhanger! I’ll try not to wait until next weekend.

Thanks for a great episode.
ProjectOrion chapter 4 . 5/7/2013
You definitely left us hanging off that cliff. But luckily enough for us, you just finished the next episode!
Sudden Radiance chapter 4 . 4/21/2013
Morgan, the untrained Medal of Valor recipient - that still strikes me as amusing! - playing cool under pressure with the tiger earned him Casey's trust, but what happens after the tiger shreds the Crown Vic?! Great job with the Casey-Morgan banter!
garnetflint chapter 4 . 4/19/2013
I've been waiting for the big reveal, and was a bit disappointed at the first (with a lie), but very happy by the second. Nice twist on the tiger with the car too! I hope you will update soon, I am enjoying this. I had originally wanted to wait until the whole story was done, but I just couldn't,...and now I have to wait.
PeterOinNYC chapter 4 . 4/15/2013
Well you've left me a bit befuddled with this one. There was a lot to like in this chapter - Casey's acceptance of Morgan, Chuck's handling of Dryfus but I think my favorite part of this chapter was Carina's admission to the Turner's. And then ... And then ... you leave us with a cliffy. And it's not just one either. Sure, we want to know why the lights went out, but really, isn't the whole Carmichael a cliffy too? Still not sure where you are going with this - how you are going to go about separating Chuck from Carmichael, but hey, I'm along for the ride and it's been fun.
KryptonitePoison chapter 4 . 4/15/2013
Good chapter. I see Sarah did in this story what she did on the show. She told the general that what the Turners did was to catch the bad guys. So Morgan knows that Casey is Alex's dad, I wonder if he'll tell her. I really don't think a tiger would get into a car, and even if it did, it would be difficult to trap it. Thanks for the chapter.
phnxgrl chapter 4 . 4/14/2013
I loved this chapter! I loved how Morgan was told by Casey that he was Alex's dad. I loved how Morgan trapped the cat in the car. allowing the team to get job done. Please continue.
KryptonitePoison chapter 3 . 4/13/2013
Nice dream Chuck had. Ellie and Sarah sure are worried about him. The part with Casey and Alex was nice, but it was a little confusing. I can't remember why Morgan is getting this award and having this award seremony. Thanks for the chapter.
Sudden Radiance chapter 3 . 4/11/2013
Interesting to see Casey move from uncertainty with Alex to really seeing Kathleen (and himself) in her. Not sure how far you will take Casey and Morgan's relationship. Perhaps you will have more fun with them now that Alex has been more fully introduced. Chuck's dream was a bit ambiguous but it seems to represent Chuck's fears, perhaps his vulnerability as his mind is the safe that's been cracked leaving vulnerable all hopes for future happiness.
wilf21 chapter 3 . 4/9/2013
So much to think about here. Is Casey going to reveal his identity to Alex?
phnxgrl chapter 3 . 4/8/2013
I loved this chapter. So many things are happening at the same time. Carina and Sarah are off to fight the Bengal tiger. Casey and Alex are at the ceremony for Morgan. Chuck is being tested upon and Ellie and Manoosh hare doing the testing. Whew! I love it! Please continue.
BVR2109 chapter 3 . 4/8/2013
Ugh, I haven't reviewed in forever, which is my bad. Just know I'm still reading this and still loving the dialogue, you've gotten a great knack for the silly and the seriousness combined. It's snappy and it feels like something out of Scrubs (and I mean that in the best possible way). Not only that, but you're staying true to canon (or well, as much as you are allowing yourself), all the while doing it with your own flavour and a massive change (the wedding). Top stuff.
KryptonitePoison chapter 2 . 4/6/2013
Hay Mark, sorry I'm late. Lots of good stuff in this chapter. So, they're going after the Turners huh, cool. They might want to take a big juicy steak with them to feed to that tiger. Or Chuck could tranq it. So Chuck & Sarah are retiring, nice. Chuck forgetting he was in him pajamas was funny. How does everybody know that Casey was Alex Coburn? I liked Sarah & Carina's banter about Casey. Ellie & Chucks embarrassment over Ellies's late night was funny. I like what happened between Casey & Morgan. Sarah & Carina joking about Chuck was funny. I liked Carina teasing Sarah about Chuck getting his licks in whenever he wants. So, Chuck is having problems with the intersect. Thanks for the update.