Reviews for Evolution Shinji
Isamu chapter 15 . 7/1
All penguins are warm blooded. They're birds. Which are warm blooded. I'm guessing you meant "warm-water" penguin.

Also, an adoption proceeding would indeed be awkward since Shinji has no records in the US, or the world for that matter. But issues come up in international searches regularly, and international law abhors a person without proper citizenship. I'd argue before the judge that Shinji is stranded in the United States, without documentation, and no living relatives in Japan. I'd also say that there is an American family willing to adopt him, and give him a home. Since I believe a new birth certificate is issued with an adoption, Shinji would, legally, spring into existence at that point. He is more than old enough to speak on his own behalf and consent to the adoption. There would probably be some conversation with the Japanese embassy, as he would probably claim to be a Japanese national, but since his paperwork does not exist, it would look awkward on their part. Some clever memo's and talking with the right people at the embassy might, just might, get them to cooperate. No lies, no deceit, just a careful presentation of the facts. What happened to your mom? She died when I was very young. What about your father? He abandoned me when I was a child, and I don't know where he is now. Do you have any other living relatives? No, I don't. Make something up about how he got to the US. Accident with some mutant or something would probably fit the bill.

Or, they could ask their friend Nick Fury, the head of a super spy organization, to "reissue" the basic paperwork needed. It might only take a few months of background checks, home inspections, and the normal evaluations by the court to insure the best interests of the child and formalize the adoption.

Also, dear gods, the amount of exposition is horrible. You don't need to make every chapter a clip show of eva as Shinji (a cripplingly shy boy) tells all-but strangers the intimate details of his life at the drop of a hat.
Isamu chapter 13 . 7/1
Ugh. Okay, the doc is tolerable, if barely, and seeing as how this is a finished story, there's much to be done about that. Consider this one something to grow on? Anyway, let's get into this.

I like the underlying premise. X-23 and Shinji could make an interesting pair. They're both going to be very emotional and socially stunted on similar ways. Both are severely lacking in positive, well, anything in their lives. And I guess I get the expediency in having Shinji just be cool with the whole new world he's dumped in, but for god sake, could there be some culture shock? And on the other end of things, what's with everyone instantly trusting Shinji? That's nuts. Fury? Nick Motherfucking Leader of SHIELD Fury? The hell? That's just a poor damn use of the character. You want to get him some training? Make him a SHIELD agent Jr G-Man, fine. But some more effort needed to be put into that. I mean, even just Fury knowing he's gonna go back so he decided to give him some training (world saving business does not discriminate worlds or something). But the really basic "if they like Shinji, they're good people. If they don't, that's the villain!" Just, no. No. And the random person who meets him once and hears the sob story (which Shinji should, frankly be too traumatized and introverted to tell himself) and now she's convinced her parents to adopt him? In, what, 24 hours or so? Again, okay, stable surrogate family, but at least try to earn it through the story. Also, I can already tell the SHIELD training is gonna be super boring, and just an excuse to show how much what's his name doesn't like Shinji, everyone's favorite anti-Hiro from another dimension.

So, my big complaint is that the narrative is lazy. It does nothing to earn Shinji gaining a partner/girlfriend in X-23, allies in the X-men, support from Fury and SHIELD, and a surrogate family from the other people I simply don't care about as they're boring clichés. Not even clichés cleverly used.

Still, I'll see how it plays out, as like I said I think the idea is interesting if poorly executed. And I'm bored on the bus and lacking a book. Might drop another if this fic goes in an unexpected direction or something.
SoaringEagle13 chapter 3 . 3/15
I like the ideas this has shown, but I can't help wondering a few things. Why are the Evas described as 80 feet when they are much taller than that? They stand at least 40 meters(original NGE) or 80 meters (Rebuild continuity). What made you want to make Shinji 15 instead of 14? That's just considering that only those 14 years of age can pilot an Eva.
Guest chapter 36 . 12/22/2014
This has been a great read. I'm looking forward to the next story.
OBSERVER01 chapter 36 . 10/25/2014
Quite good
Jebest4781 chapter 36 . 10/24/2014
great wrap up to close things off for this story and now we will focus more on the Agents of NERV and will be fun on what else will occur
RyoshiMorino chapter 35 . 10/21/2014
Now that was cruel. Leaving us hanging like that.
judgementsblade chapter 35 . 10/20/2014
Hey just wanna say loving the story and the way uve portrayed shinji I nearly pissed myself laughing when he started to abuse viper and her goons can't wait for the next chapter :)
gunman chapter 35 . 10/19/2014
Love it. So much going on in this chapter. And so much fun.
More Shinji and Laura loving.
Jubilee gets to go home briefly, see some friends, and even sees one of her antagonists get their butt kicked.
Deadpool destroying the FOH chapter in Bayville was fun to see.
And really? Happy Gilmore, on the side of mutants, which is totally fun to see, especially at how he knocks golf balls into Shooter and the others.

And I'm completely sure how the explanation of Apocalypse making a deal with the Angels was going to play out, especially with SEELE and NERV and the Evangelions, or even why Shinji wasn't killed by Apocalypse was a problem for the Smurf reject.
And now both Shinji and Laura have been pulled into the other world.
Back to Shinji's world.
It's gonna be fun to see how the Eva-world reacts to the new, improved, stronger, and well-trained Shinji Ikari.
Especially that he knows the truth about what Gendo and his cronies are up to.
A lot of fun here, and now I understand what T'Challa and his friends were looking for.
Good work on this. Look forward to more.
Write on.
Jebest4781 chapter 35 . 10/18/2014
This was fun but in the end was hoping for something climatic of unit 01 fighting apocolypse. Well can't wait for the next chapter on what will come up
MWRANDOM chapter 35 . 10/18/2014
Very anticlimactic encounter with Apocalypse. After all the build up I was honestly expecting more. Still, I am looking forward to seeing Shinji in the NGE world and the changes he will cause.
OBSERVER01 chapter 35 . 10/18/2014
quite the golf ball assassin?!
RyoshiMorino chapter 34 . 10/16/2014
Just how long until Shinji has to go back?
gunman chapter 34 . 10/16/2014
Rocket bombing HYDRA, Yakuza, and Webber's parents house was fun to see. Though attacking the Hellfire Club ski lodge was just for Deadpools own benefit. Then Mr Sinister's lab, and then Deadpool had Struckers head mounted on a peace of wood like a trophy fish.
(Only Deadpool would think of that)
Miss Frost and the others are instead going to the Bahamas, where the girls will be wearing swimsuits that a lot of people will want to see.
And nice to see that Jubilee is getting better.
She's got a lot of catching up to do.
And Pincer's freaking out again, which is good to see.
And Fury and Shinji didn't contest Deadpool's choices of targets, even though they didn't know where they were going?
I mean, would have made more sense if they actually had known beforehand where the rockets were going to hit. But that's just me.
And Tabitha teasing Beast, that's funny. And Jubilee meeting Wolverine's daughter, bet that was funny.
And Laura planning to go to the Eva-universe with Shinji, which hopefully means that more of the X-Men will go to help him.
Anything else?
Write on.
Jebest4781 chapter 34 . 10/16/2014
Great chapter as always man and got the Deadpool stuff taken care of. Wonder how much longer till the last two episodes