Reviews for Might Have Been
HelenFD chapter 20 . 4/29
I am really enjoying your well thought out version of P&P. I hope the remaining 31 chapters are just as good. Thank you!
Laura C chapter 12 . 4/12
This paints a very different picture from Austen's Darcy. While Jane Austen's Darcy would truly be called Mr. Darcy, I find that yours would be much more suited to Fitz. And while I have always imagined Austen's Darcy with a stern countenance or a medium, if happy, smile, your Darcy is far more boyish, with my mind being drawn more to raised eyebrows and grins. While Austen's Darcy paints a tall, imposing figure in my mind, yours is no more intimidating than he is short (that's to say, not at all!). Fitz is much more boyish here, and while I have until now believed Mr. Darcy to have very dark hair and austere amber or brown eyes, this Fitz would probably look better with chestnut hair and blue or green eyes. That's the picture he paints for me: a younger, more boyish Fitz Darcy rather than a very adult, almost-thirty Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy.
SystematicChaos95 chapter 51 . 4/9
Wow. Amazing fic
Would you happen to know of any other fanfics where there's a Bennet brother? I think I've developed a thirst for that
CG4me chapter 51 . 2/19
This is an exceptional story. True there was a few wrong homonyms (particularly rein/reign), a few Americanisms and a few anachronisms (miffed?!) but otherwise beautifully written. As I said exceptional. I particularly enjoyed reading about Mary's story, it really resonated with me for some reason - and like others would love to read about Penny and delightful Tommy's courtship. I agree with other reviewers that there was too many characters with names beginning with "A" but that is easily amended. I wish you luck with publishing it - it really doesn't need much editing so don't do too much, will you? It's practically perfect as it is.
OrchidsMoon chapter 11 . 1/6
The third paragraph from the last started with a bit too many 'after's. Other than that, I've no complaints besides there not being enough dialog. And that's more just my preference than a complaint. I really like it so far.
stephi910 chapter 50 . 1/2
I have absolutely loved this story...thank you for writing it and keeping it posted! :)
LAB1 chapter 50 . 12/19/2016
Wow! What an amazing and really long story! I feel like I know your characters personally! Love your Bennet sisters and their husbands!
Pathatlon chapter 51 . 11/10/2016
Fuck...

I am SO sorry for saying that word, or writing it, but I have no idea what you write, except to write about how I have no idea of what to write.

This story is a treasure. I have never read anything so well-written for that era, and so believable.
I want to just say that, and then finish up, but I realize that I MUST explain why it's so good, because you deserve to understand, and anyone who looks at the reviews should understand as well.

The story is really long, which is absolutely awesome, as it is utterly well-paced. We follow the characters over a period of years, and everything that happens is utterly believable.

All characters are really well-rounded. I love reading Lizzie stories, but I found that I didn't mind at all when it shifted to other perspectives. And yet, in all conversations, people were mentioned across, which made me feel that, despite using another's POV, you had no forgotten your other characters.

The character development it perfect. I've always had trouble imaging Georgie marrying, but you made it believable, the same with Mary and Kitty. Well, especially Kitty! Her breakdown was absolutely perfect, and gave so much to her character.

Fuck. I said it again. I am overwhelmed at how awesome this is. It is so awesome that I am actively promiting the story on various fanfiction sites on FB

I am sorry I haven't reviewed to all chapters - you definitely deserve it. Despite being done, I will add it to my favorite list of stories, so that I might come back to it.

elise115 chapter 51 . 9/22/2016
This was so good. Thanks for your hard work.
BellaSweet03 chapter 50 . 8/9/2016
It was a very well written and thought out story. The ending was amazing.
kalizivis chapter 51 . 6/8/2016
Thank you for the lovely story! Really enjoyed the new characters ;)
Meena chapter 50 . 6/7/2016
I did not like this book. I felt it wouldn't end. Author is way too verbose & erred in developing back stories for almost all characters in the book, even the very minor ones. To this extent, the more important issues relating to Lizzie's pregnancy & Georgie's choices were not developed satisfactorily in the last chapter. Author didn't sufficiently justify Georgie's choice in the end, given that she created a likable character in Lord Stephen. Her final choice Seems almost like an afterthought .

Also there was no suspense, passion nor romance in the book. IMO.
PoppyMay chapter 5 . 5/25/2016
Haha getting rid of all the dramatic characters so early on in the story?! What's going to happen then?

Loving it so far although missing Lizzy already! :)
PoppyMay chapter 4 . 5/25/2016
Such old timey writing! Fit for the original!
Aamlkburton chapter 51 . 4/12/2016
As long as this story was, I loved every minute of it.