Reviews for Might Have Been
elise115 chapter 51 . 9/22
This was so good. Thanks for your hard work.
BellaSweet03 chapter 50 . 8/9
It was a very well written and thought out story. The ending was amazing.
kalizivis chapter 51 . 6/8
Thank you for the lovely story! Really enjoyed the new characters ;)
Meena chapter 50 . 6/7
I did not like this book. I felt it wouldn't end. Author is way too verbose & erred in developing back stories for almost all characters in the book, even the very minor ones. To this extent, the more important issues relating to Lizzie's pregnancy & Georgie's choices were not developed satisfactorily in the last chapter. Author didn't sufficiently justify Georgie's choice in the end, given that she created a likable character in Lord Stephen. Her final choice Seems almost like an afterthought .

Also there was no suspense, passion nor romance in the book. IMO.
PoppyMay chapter 5 . 5/25
Haha getting rid of all the dramatic characters so early on in the story?! What's going to happen then?

Loving it so far although missing Lizzy already! :)
PoppyMay chapter 4 . 5/25
Such old timey writing! Fit for the original!
Aamlkburton chapter 51 . 4/12
As long as this story was, I loved every minute of it.
aamlkb chapter 26 . 4/6
Oh no!
aamlkb chapter 19 . 4/5
Everything is so different yet I am still enjoying it.
aamlkb chapter 11 . 4/5
There are many chapters to go and things are moving quite smoothly. I only hope there isn't too much drama to keep them apart.
aamlkb chapter 2 . 4/5
I like this start so far
Pwrmom2 chapter 50 . 2/24
I just loved, loved, loved this story. I also appreciated the final,paragraph where you gave the brief look at the future, in the midst of a perfect ending moment of happiness. Great job. You have a great talent
AliasKelly chapter 50 . 2/23
I liked your story, but it really needs some editing. I was bothered by Jane's guilt over neglecting her tenants by taking a month's vacation. That seems ridiculous - they rent property from the Bingleys, they aren't pets or livestock. If they have to be looked after so assiduously the landlords can't even leave for a month in good conscience then what must Jane think of Elizabeth leaving Pemberly's tenants to fare for themselves for months upon months at a time, even over the holidays? Really, it makes no sense.
ArdenSkye7 chapter 50 . 12/27/2015
I know tis been a long while since you have finished this story, but I sincerely wish to profess my love of such a tale! I was so very curious how the road would be...and all of my expectations were surpassed, and blown away. I am in awe of your writing, especially the attention to detail that was poured into it! I genuinely adored the diction of the characters, the tidbits of history you included (even if you made it more fictional, but I still heartily approve!), and the effortlessly of the plot flow. I find many stories I have read can become cumbersome due to length and too many characters; this was not the case for yours, which was handled quite nicely. The titles can be a bit confusing; however, I believe what truly kept me less confused was the closeness of the Bennet sisters and their interactions...perhaps also your use of reminding the readers subtly who a person was and his or her connections! :)
I do admit, when I first realized Lydia wasn't to be included in story, I was both relieved and curious. Lydia would have made the story quite different, I do believe, which I assume was a major reason for your exclusion of her, right? Or at least something of the like. But, I wondered...perhaps there was a fifth child after Kitty...yet before the adorable Tommy...and so I didn't dwell on it long; however, once after Jane's saddening miscarriage, and Mr Bennet's confession of the lost fifth Bennet daughter...well, I understood the significance. Moreover, I believe my love for Jane Austen's P&P characters has only grown after your story! :) The way Mr Bennet treats his daughters, and young master Tommy, is endearing and heart warming. I do believe that had a similar situation happened in canon, that Mr Bennet's actions are in character. Your characterization of him, and probably all the characters, is my current favorite.
I will admit to being biased for love stories for Lizzy and Darcy. The nickname of Sweet William is so lovely that I have to stop talking about it because of my feels! :) Just know it was brilliant! Anyway, I loved how the story was largely about our two most beloved couple, but also the attention to detail in the people around them! How splendid that you took the time to make all the characters feel at once as if they were all main characters! I will admit to sometimes being impatient when reading stories that attempt to switch character perspectives when I have made a favorite...but I didn't feel that way here...maybe at first, because of where you may have left off with Lizzy, but I learned to have patience as she...and I was very well rewarded! Jane and Lizzy appear to be the main Bennet sisters focused upon in fanfics, though not always and always with the trouble of Lydia. Truly, though, I love and adore each Bennet sister. I have always wondered what happened to Kitty and Mary, and here is a quite fun answer!
While I wished there was more-I am always greedy for more!-I must say, this was a fantastic place to end. I want to thank you for kindly sharing your story with the world, and to give an attempt of proper kudos on a job well done! I hope the extra long review makes up for not reviewing each chapters individually?! :)
All the best, ArdenSkye.
bellachaos chapter 50 . 12/16/2015
I absolutely adored this story!. I often avoid fics of this length because I tend to get bored or find that the authors are dragging story out, to the detriment of the characters and the plot. You quite expertly avoided these pitfalls and I found myself engaged and enthralled by your work till the very end. I loved the subtle changes you made and how it affected Miss Austen's well known characters. I especially loved seeing Mary come into her own as the story progressed.
Very well done!