Reviews for Might Have Been
DemigodEkat chapter 50 . 11/4
This is one of the best fanfictions I have ever read. Thank you for writing such fabulous albeit too perfect characters. But you gave them all such happy endings that my romantic heart can forgive the minor mistakes. But seriously, well thought out and beautifully written story. I look forward to more.
ev2017 chapter 51 . 10/30
Just finished reading your story and it was amazing, thank you for taking us on a wonderful journey.
Ok I love this story! It's one of my favourite P and P fanfics. Well written, characters are fabulous...well done!

I have only one tiny suggestion- you jay want to reconaiser your use of t'is and t'was and so on. By that period, it wasn't nearly as common in speech (as we see from Miss Austen herself). It seems to be something you've addee later in the story (the first half doesn't have it half so much), and I think it detracts a little from the readability of the story. It seems bulky and awkward, really. Anyway, it's a small thing but you might want to consider it.

Awesome story!
Puti chapter 51 . 9/30
Thankyou...I enjoyed this very much
julie.delacour20 chapter 49 . 9/17
Well, I am sorry but I really really really don't like this chapter. The couple Baron/Georgiana, it's too strange. She hardly knows him, and only as a cousin. And suddenly she is 'in love'. If a friend were to tell me a story like this about herself and assumes it is a true love story, I would tell her it is only a crush. Georgiana seems out of character, unlike at the beginning of the story. It is too strange.
Johijoha chapter 45 . 9/16
Oh great ... no I'm crying. Penny is just too adorable. Since you are one for happy ends without every really ending a story, how about making her and Tommy a couple in the far future. xD
Johijoha chapter 44 . 9/16
And again, I'm confused ... another jump of several months without any indication and why do you always skip the weddings?! I know they were not particularly romantic at the time, but still ... especially Lizzie and Dary's
Johijoha chapter 43 . 9/16
I agree with Anne ... they certainly lacked subtlety. I feel you could have been a bit less obvious of their plans. Not everyone has to discuss with everyone just how much they want Mary and Reggie to find each other. The way you discribe it is obvious enough.
For example, right at the beginning, why not let Mr Bennet see through the true intent of making Mary Henry's godmother, but not Jane. And when she asks him why he allows his single daughter the trip, he just smiles and says something along the lines of 'You will see'.
Why not let them have their seperate plans. Georgie is very clever, yes, but still very young. Maybe she doesn't see that her family has the same wish as her. She thinks Mary really only comes to be the godmother and decides to use the chance to throw her friend and her cousin together as often as she can. And other situations like that. You don't actually have to let Lady Matlock say to her husband she approves of Mary, you could do it similarly to what you did this chapter with Lady Cathrine. Your readers are definitely clever enough to catch on to implications and hints. You don't have to spell everything out.
Just an idea I had.
Johijoha chapter 40 . 9/16
I am confused. So many timelapses forth and back between the chapters. Just a couple of chapters ago Lizzie and Darcy and Charlotte and Ashbury were already married. Maybe you should change the order or start adding dates, so the situation is clearer.
Johijoha chapter 39 . 9/16
Wow, you truly have a talent for witty little conversations. This was a very good chapter (maybe a bit long).
Just one complaint. As someone who is not familiar at all with british nobility beyond what I read in novels and watch in tv shows, too many A's! Ashley, Ashbury, Ashton ... I'm so confused and always need a couple of minutes to make the right connections. xD
Johijoha chapter 35 . 9/15
So, personally I think in your revision of this part of the story, you don't have to change anything. Depending how long you want it to be, you can of course stretch it a great deal and show us some more how their relationship developed and changed but the basic storyline, I think, is quite perfect the way it is now.
Johijoha chapter 34 . 9/15
ok, this chapter was absolutely perfect. I smiled, I laughed, I swooned, I even had a tear in my eyes (though that might come from my cold). Of course I especially adored the similarities to the original. In short, absolutely perfect! xD
Johijoha chapter 32 . 9/15
Last chapter I complain about a lack in flaws and conflict, than this chapter starts. So much conflict in one chapter! Go Mary! Go Colonel Fitzwilliam! And then ... it's resolved immediately and all is just fine, yet again and still no one is pissed at the Baron for almost killing Darcy. And Georgiana ... Oh, a hurt broken soul! Let me safe him! To hell he tried to kill my brother and threatened me with a gun! He is broken! I can safe him!
You might realize, I am actually quite passionate about this. Which means, even if my criticism seems harsh, it's only because I see so much potetial and feel like you somehow waste it.
Johijoha chapter 31 . 9/15
ok, now. I originally intended to write my opinion in the end, but I fear I will forget to much, so I will do part of it now.
I really really really wish your characters were less perfect! Don't get me wrong, they are all rather likable and you have some very cute moments and funny dialogues, but none of them really has any flaws! That makes reading the story at times a bit dull. There are no misunderstandings, no apologies necessary, no significant change of mind between the main characters, everything that made the original story so captivating entertaining and relatable. You have a great writing style and I greatly enjoy your character descriptions, it's just the characters are so flawless. I guess I miss a bit more drama. It took over half the story to actually have a moment of angst and drama, something that made my heart beat faster (Mr Collins didn't really count because as soon as you suggested his threat potential it was already clear he would never act upon it) and then ... and here we again come to my complaint about the characters being to perfect ... they just forgive him! I get it, he had a tragic backstory and everything. Great! But he almost killed Darcy! It was dumb luck the bullet didn't end up in his heart or the wound didn't get infected and had him die a slow and painful death. I would have wished for at least one character to be really angry with him (preferably Lizzie, for she is more outwardly passionate) and confront him. It feels like he doesn't have to face any consequences for his actions (that might change in the following chapter, but somehow I suspect it will not). I don't expect you to kill him or give him to the authorities, but ... but ... a bit more than what i get here. They can forgive him later on (since I'm pretty sure you're gonna let Georgiana and him end up together ... what fun family dinners that will be ), but not right away. The only people who are actually angry with him are the servants ... and that seems rather disappointing.
In conclusion: more flaws please!
Motherof8 chapter 50 . 9/3
Wow, what a story. You are a prolific writer. Thanks for an amazing story.