Reviews for The Price is Too High
lilyflower101 chapter 1 . 2/27
Love it! :)
New88 chapter 1 . 12/4/2013

I like this authority figure :) firm and affectionate

nannyg43 chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Neal really did have a horrible week, mainly because he didn't trust Peter. Again. I think he got the message that Peter won't tolerate the lies and deceit, well his bottom did anyway. I like how Peter hugged him and gave him his forgiveness. You are a writer that always delivers! Thank you and keep it up!
colakirk chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
Another full blown version! Well, you can't say Neal didn't earn it after the stunt he'd pulled. I enjoyed this latest instalment in the series sooooo much. Love the image you painted of Peter holding up three fingers and stating simply - lying, trust and stealing and Peter's frustration and hurt through this was so believable that I wanted to sigh with him. I'm so glad we got to find out that June knows what's going on, and approves. Probably my very favourite part of this fic was Neal's acceptance that he actually deserved his punishment.
BTW - I loved the way you were able to follow on so naturally from the dialogue in the episode, I'm almost certain this is what was said after the cameras stopped rolling.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Oh, this was a really lovely story! It really went a long way of showing how much the relation between Peter and Neal has changed since the beginning, how close they are as friends now and how much they care about each other - and most importantly for Neal perhaps, what Peter thinks of him.

In that regard, Peter's final reflection about getting 99% of Neal's trust at some point eventually was awesome and probably true. Maybe it doesn't get better than that but it will be perfectly alright with Peter.

Fabulous statement that this punishment was already the "reprieve for extenuating circumstances". I believe not even Neal with his ability to talk himself out of anything could have argued against this, try as he might.

Actually, to me, this was a truly conclusive story - and well-written (as always) at that! - about Peter handling the situation without letting Neal off the hook entirely. More of a family matter really, which it kind of was at any rate.

Well done!
Evgeniya chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
I love how Neal just knows he’s in for it when Peter invites him over for dinner to talk in private! And, of course, that June knows, too!

It’s a great moment when Neal admitted that he deserved the spanking because it shows just how important Peter’s trust is to him. It’s so moving that losing any amount of Peter’s trust is unbearable.

And it’s so sweet that Neal needed to know that Peter forgave him! That final paragraph was so perfect and sweet. It makes me so happy and hopeful because everything will be okay between Peter & Neal! (well, until the next time anyways…)

Little Leaf of the Redwoods chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Great story - loved the interaction between the characters. What's going on lately, all of a sudden poor Neal is getting spanked in almost every new story coming out in the last few days:)

Hope you are well!
Take care and happy holiday!
ullswater chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Awesome story, I've only just recently discovered White Collar and i love the interaction you have between your version of the characters. Thanks for writing this.
peppe1951 chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
This was great...loved it. I can't believe that Neal admitted that he deserved the spanking...he is changing.
5-STAR chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Awesome story! Peter was great he took really good care of Neal like a good daddy should. Love reading anything you write you're an awesome writer!
wandamarie chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
wow it is a good one keep up the great work
tinyinara chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Yay, I love your WC fics! This was great - I really liked Neal admitting he deserved the last part, and then staying over Peter's knee until he'd been assured he was forgiven. And then aww, saying it had been a horrible week. Poor Neal, it really wasn't one of his best :( Good for El for planning ahead with the dessert :) Thanks for writing! x
carlacipo chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
I really loved how Neal was worried that Peter didn't forgive him. This was a great take on the story!