Reviews for The Illusion of Freedom: A Brief History of Lauren Lewis
mulderchick35 chapter 1 . 12/19/2017
Great idea and well executed. Very believable and true to canon and Lauren. Thanks for writing and sharing.
Kenai Liondog chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
Absolutely love this story. So well written! I enjoyed it very much, and didn't want it to end. Loved filling in the gaps in Lauren's past. Thank you for sharing.
Anserini chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
Beautifully done! Thanks so much.
Spyklv chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
I loved this! It was great to see all the details and decisions of Lauren's life play out and help shape the woman she's become. I love the internal reflections on her choices and whether changing any would result in a different path. The time in war, at home, with Nadia, the fae and of course Bo were so rich in detail and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Thanks!
guest chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
What an incredible story. So well thought out and written. This really tells Lauren's story so well, and I think it is the ultimate version. It's also what the show should strive to bring out. Thank you for having Bo and Lauren together. And, thank you so much for sharing this with us.
Kravn chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
This was just amazing! I was hooked from the beginning.

I loved the back story that you created for Lauren. Very believable. Her time in Afghanistan; how she met Nadia; her loss and experience in the war; her relationship with her parents; everything that happened in the Congo; meeting Dr. Everett... If the show ever did an episode on Lauren's history, I could see it happening just like this.

And Lauren's thoughts, emotions, inner turmoil - you just nailed it! Lauren is so much more than she seems and you captured that. You captured her essence; her sense of loyalty, dedication and responsibility; her being resolute in her morals and decisions; and that her life as a slave to the Fae was decrepit (I loved how you used that word in your story by the way!).

Showing Lauren's history shows how difficult her life has been and why having Bo in her life has made such an impact; something Bo would probably never understand.

Just really, really well done. You did an absolutely wonderful job! Thank you so much for posting.
QuickLookBusy chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
So I picked this back up at 4 this morning, since sleep obviously wasn't in the mood to hang out with me. Anything about Lauren/her life/her past/her thoughts, usually scores an easy A with me because Lauren's my girl, you know? This was something else though. This was like being in her back pocket during all the times that have only ever been alluded to. Quite the wonderful experience for the hardcore Lauren lover.
All that to say you had less than nothing to worry about, because this was awesome in both content and characterization. I may have a crush on your "Lauren Brain".
Also, ty for Lauren in cargo pants. I just. Unf.
SoulAstray chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
great story. im glad lauren found bo too. thanks for posting.
leader chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Very nice. You gave her a very good back-story, which we're still waiting for the show to do. The part where Lauren tried to carry Nadia because the Fae wouldn't help broke my heart. Fae bastards.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Excellent, a pleasure to read.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Holy shitballs

this is perfect. thank you for giving Lauren the story she deserves