Reviews for From Snow to Rain
AXYZ-Knightrox7 chapter 1 . 3/22
My father and relatives watched this movie today... I wished Yuki could say something to Ame that she's sorry they fought each other after they argued about what they're species really is. But even though they may not see each other so often, they're still sister-and-brother and that's something I, you all and they should respect. Just as much as their human mom and late werewolf dad do too.
firepokemonfox chapter 1 . 2/23
Wonderful story
DisneyFreak-Lover chapter 1 . 1/6
For me, I was mad at both. I think they needed to both except they were human and wolf. Sure they can be on thing too but they have to honor it! I love your story!
Evani chapter 1 . 12/7/2014
This was really good, and I really liked it. I feel like I should say to your concerns though, that the movie has a very bittersweet ending. Hana IS happy for Ame, because he has honestly found where he loves, as a wolf in the woods. In the scene where it shows Ame telling Hana about things in the forest, can you see how genuinely happy he is? Notice how through the entire movie Ame is a sad, quite boy, while he is much happier when in wolf form. So while I'm not a mother, I can understand the need for a child of yours to be happy, and mothers, if they truly love their child, will let their children go when they're ready and that is why I believe Hana really was happy. Not that I'm saying she doesn't miss him, or that Yuki would understand this reasoning until she's older. Thank you for writing the story though, it was very sweet :)
flowerling18 chapter 1 . 7/9/2014
This was such a lovely read. I especially liked Yuki and Ame's conversation in the woods; it was deeply felt and very well written! Thanks for writing this!
waj31721 chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
I am happy to have found the manga version and ame does visit his mother again.
wolfking98 chapter 1 . 6/24/2014
This was a fantastic story, if only the movie had an ending like it
Julz314 chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
I watched it today and I'm in the same pickle as you were when you watched it: movies like that one always leave us with needing to add our little conclusion at the end and that's what I've been wanting to do. Reading your chapter brought me back to the after-watching emotional wreck I was and now my pillow is all wet hahaha!
Thanks for sharing! I will do my best to bring out some chapter as beautiful as yours!
AlexandreaLily107 chapter 1 . 5/15/2014
Aww! :)
This story is absolutely beautiful!
And is such an emotional piece!
*I'm still crying*
Great work!
And thanks
A.L107 :D
Guest chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
This is beautiful! You're such a talented writer! What a perfect ending to one of my favorite movies! Thank you so much for sharing and for putting a smile on my face!
djinfiend chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
This is the best fanfic I've ever read. It is so emotional and well written and I don't care if this is fanfic, I'm thinking if it like canon.
ExoticAngel97 chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
This ending brought tears to my eyes! It was beautiful!
Umbraic Skylark chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
FUDGE. I had just finished watching the movie today and my heart broke into pieces. I cried for..I don't know...an hour?

WELL, I thought I had gotten over Ame leaving. BUT NOPE, the feels are still there. And then the ending for your story just reopened the door that held my emotions and now they're on a rampage. T_T I just can't.

Lovely story, author-san. IF ONLY IT DID HAPPEN.
Ame going back home at least once would have made me so happy but nope, he didn't. He left. Taking my heart with him. And just..uherleraelraewr

Sorry for rambling. I'm just going to and finish Tissue Box No. 5.
Ani Delvas chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
This was a beautiful fanfic. I also pondered a lot after I watching Wolf Children (I cried like baby btw...). Mostly about what happens after the movie ended, and here I have one alternate ending. Thing is, the thing I most analyzed was the fact that, as children, Yuki was outgoing, outspoken, independent, happy and a little feral X) jeje! and Ame was shy, most of the time he was scared of his own shadow, insecure... It seemed like Yuki was more in sync with her wolf side than Ame was. But as time went on and they grew up, they grew apart. Yuki was more sociable and she wanted to fit in, so she had to recognize and learn what was normal and acceptable for humans. Ame had difficulties in social situation, he was more at home in nature.

But you see, I realized that they both chose their paths. Yuki thought that normal meant living as a human, while for Ame was living as a wolf. Right there I also see a parallel between parent and offspring... Human females/Wolf males (but thats a weird tangent, sorry... you see! this story has a lot of things to analyze!)

I'm sorry for the rant, but this is a movie that intrigues me. And I understand your feeling of unfulfillment, I felt it too... But for me it was the uncertainty of whether Hana and Yuki would ever see Ame again, and if Yuki would ignore her wolf side, and if she ever got married, she would also have wolf children... and so on...

But in terms of Ame living as a wolf... I liked it, he is free, and happy in the mountains. He replaced his sensei and took on the responsibility of looking after the balance between the animals... He doesn't have to conform to human society and struggle to be accepted. He is a Lone Wolf, maybe someday when he was older in human years he would go through what happened to his father (fall in love, have a family)... but for now he is where he wants to be.

So I leave you with that! I did enjoy your story, and understand your point of view (and if out of this review plotbunnies are born I accept full responsability! ;P )

Thank You!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
Excellent fic! I needed that!