Reviews for Passing Marks
Limplict chapter 1 . 11/28/2014
Wow - awesome one shot! You've kept dredd and anderson both in character, and overall a very well written story :) Onto your other stories!
Grabbag Lapidary chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
(As there are less than 100 stories in the fandom, I am working through them all and reviewing them all - wish me luck!)

Great story! I really like this - I've done something similar myself, but this approaches it from a different angle. I like the little details of the lives of the Judges - the hints at what the Academy is like, the description of the Chief Judge's office. The character studies of Dredd and Anderson are great, and the look at how Anderson's power impacts her when she kills was good.

I'm glad I read this. It is a good story.
Ann E. Casap chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
One of the best one shots I've ever read. Really love how it connects to the ending of the movie and how Anderson reacts in this. Great work. It's a pass.

-Ann
Arienhod chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
I remembered shampoo being mentioned in another story but it took me a while to connect the dots. This is a prequel of Boundaries, or maybe that that story is a sequel of this one, right?
There are a lot of ways a character recognized someones presence in the stories, by the smell of shampoo is a brand new one. A bit more personal one.

Loved the story, by the way!
Jest'lyn Tal chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
Really well written. Fits perfectly with the movie and is a seamless extended scene. The level of detail brings the reader into the world, but doesn't bog down the flow. Checking out the rest of your work based on this great story!
Farbeyondthegrave chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
I loooooove this.
Miss M and Alice chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
This was great!
Aramirandme chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
I like. :)
Darth Gilthoron chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
... I'm totally late. Sorry.

And thanks a HUGE lot for the dedication, once again!
Yep, new chapter will be up tomorrow morning, Middle European time.

What I particularly enjoyed were your descriptions, and the way you employ metaphors, extending one over an entire paragraph to describe a whole situation, instead of just one thing.

Your Anderson is definitely one of the best I have ever seen. You touch upon something that usually is left out (until now I have only vaguely hinted at the subject myself): the question of "seeing death", and how it affects her. It is very believable that this is indeed the Anderson shown in the movie.

So you decided to make Goodman black and female too, eh? :) I first wanted to make her McGruder, but then decided to make her Goodman after all. Not that it really matters much.

I liked the room mate; her collapsing was a nice touch of humour.

And you clearly developed your own "system" of mind-reading. Kudos for that!

One minor complaint: IMO Dredd should not call Anderson "rookie" anymore, since she technically isn't. After all, he suddenly calls her with her name (somethng he hasn't done before) in the movie when he tells her that her assessment is over.

Once more, thank you very much! I enjoyed this!
ricca chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
This was great! Very believable characterization, I'd love to have seen this as a 'secret' post credits scene.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/29/2013