Reviews for The Hot Seat
cejsmom chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Bella can come live itch me - lol! But I hope Billy wins so that date happens! Can't wait!
steadfast-star chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
That was fun - thanks! I wouldn't mind seeing more of them together. But I'm looking forward to reading more stories from you and continuing The Practicum.
BelleBiter chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Thanks for the serious issue discussion & for the seriously funny flirting :)
la-geologia chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Eeekkkk! I such a sucker for political fic, and this one was extra super fantastic! GREAT JOB, hon. I loved it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Might you ever consider expanding or writing a second part to this? It was just so good, I'm dying to see what could be in store for these two next! :)

Can't wait to meet you in Chicago for TFMU! It's going to be amazing.
whohellanoes chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Hehehe that was great. Thank you.
kdubster7 chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Good story...would love to read if ever expanded ;)
NKubie chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
the smirk that launched a thousand bitch-slaps - LOL What a great line!

"...countries aren't governed in theory, they're governed in practice, and in practice, I can tell you that a liberal Republican president will likely receive as much push-back from conservative members of Congress as a moderate Democrat. That's what nobody talks about during campaign season and why so many people are disappointed when the candidate they elect doesn't immediately right all of the wrongs in this country: because, at the end of the day, no matter who the guy in the Oval is, he's a politician working with a bunch of other politicians. Backs get scratched, deals get made, sometimes you come out on top and sometimes you don't. Unfortunately, the one thing that doesn't happen all that much is people listening to each other." - Can I marry this speech? Seriously.

I wasn't sure that I was ready to start another WIP, nor was I crazy about the idea of a political fic, but the pull here is undeniable and the banter is smart, quick, witty. Like reading a West Wing script and I loved West Wing! And while I was ready to really, really dislike Edward, now knowing his political leanings, I kinda like him...a lot! Sorry, hope my donkey wasn't too obvious. ;)
Ironic Twist chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
This was fun. I agree with Bella, however. Edward's a jerk. The comment about her legs was utterly uncalled for. And his assessment of women as emotionally unstable paints him as the misogynist.
2old4fanfic chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
The politics of this country are an unending source of entertainment. I bet he finds a Mounty and hunts her down
marigold123 chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Loved the way you wrote Bella and her reaction to the Right Wing campaign manager. "Meaning, I think you should clarify that you want it small enough to fit in my bedroom and my gynecologist's office." I cracked up over this...I loved her come backs. Oh and to find Edward is really a lefty but is backing his family. Sigh... Loved Bella's ire and Edwards smirkiness! This begs for more!
cloudiekp chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
If debates were always this exciting, I might watch more often ;)
Chicsarah chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Very cute. Edward was certainly getting my back up for a little while, but devastating charm works every time!
Guzel kiz chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Wonderful, as always! This BEGS to be expanded. Please! :)
madgerama chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Wow. Loved this. I'd love to read more if these two.
CoppertopJ chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Oh shit, I know you are going to continue this little diddy!
236 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »